Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

~25GB of Usenet credit (Blocknews) swap it for a VPS or $7 - Offers invited :-)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

~25GB of Usenet credit (Blocknews) swap it for a VPS or $7 - Offers invited :-)

I've got ~25GB of usenet credit with Blocknews. I bought it as a block but haven't used it. If anyone is interested, I'll swap it for a VPS (in UK or Europe) or $7. Offers invited, PM me.

blocknews.net/

Retention
With our storage spool constantly growing, retention is now at 1,665+ days for binaries, increasing day by day, and text is at over 2 years!

Thanks

Comments

• gizzvngizzvn Member

@asterisk14: -What is usenet?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited June 2013

@gizzvn - It's like bittorrent, except that the files are not on peoples computers, the files are on a central server, which means you can download files a high speeds.

• ztecztec Member

for $7,- you could get about 3 months of unlimited usenet.
    1TB costs about $50,- or $100,- - can't really remember exactly how much I paid.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2013

Is Usenet relevant nowadays?

Scratch that.

• @ztec said:
    for $7,- you could get about 3 months of unlimited usenet.

Where?

edited June 2013

@ztec - don't think you can get 3 months for $7 and even if you could it woulod rate limited to 1-2meg. Bbu not fair to compare the two as block accounts have not time limit and are therefore different to monthly acounts. It's like comparing Digital Ocean model to a normal VPS monthly plan, for what digital ocean charge per hour, you can get a normal VPS for a whole day!

offers are invited...:-)

• prae5prae5 Member

$4

• GienGien Member

7 bucks is about a months worth of usenet access at a proper provider. most people can download more then that in a month.

also 25gb is worth more like 3/4 bucks...

also @ztec where can you get that. im currently paying 7 a month... oke thats 100mbit connection...

ofcourse anyone willing, exchanging it against a vps your not using is a nice deal...

edited June 2013

@Gien said:
    7 bucks is about a months worth of usenet access at a proper provider. most people can download more then that in a month.

also 25gb is worth more like 3/4 bucks...

also ztec where can you get that. im currently paying 7 a month... oke thats 100mbit connection...

ofcourse anyone willing, exchanging it against a vps your not using is a nice deal...

Like I said before, you're comparing apples and oranges, like comparing a mobile phone pay as you go deal to a contract deal!

• With usenet, you pretty much have to run your own indexer and pull instantly with sickbeard etc. If you have a proper setup it works pretty well. I use NewsgroupDirect myself though since they have really good deals (one going on right now as we speak) 2TB for 65.00: http://newsgroupdirect.com/happy-hour

• I love it, more Warez for VPS threads, YAY!

inb4someloserclaimsusenetisntonly4warez

• GienGien Member

@asterix i also mentioned 25gb blocks go for 3/4 bucks. and i also said that if you got a spare vps laying arround its a nice swap..

@holoshed there several plugins for sickbeard and others that gives you a direct feed into new posts.. you can index on your own, but why dont just pull the nzbs from some sites (api)

@thelinuxbug it can be used for other things also. aka downloading linux distro's at full line speed.. but yeah mostly for the other stuff :D

• @gien - please enlighten me with the Usenet provider giving away 25GB for $3 today?

• GienGien Member

pfcorner . nl new block 50gb for 6...

still doesnt matter its fine offer.. just no discount

edited June 2013

@gien - so not $3 for 25GB as you said previously?

And I checked their site, it's 6 Euro's (=8 dollars) not 6 dollars as you implied!

• @Gien I know you can pull from any indexer that allows it via api but I run my own of anything I can when I have the resources. This includes everything from asterisk servers to usenet indexers and many in between.

• SOLD :-) close thread