Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protected vps in the EU (OUTSIDE LEB PRICE!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protected vps in the EU (OUTSIDE LEB PRICE!)

taronyutaronyu Member
edited June 2013 in General

I have asked this before but people kept telling me this is impossible inside the leb budget. (Obvious) i'm hoping that people will read the title and know that I want to pay much more.

So price doesn't matter much but I'm looking for the cheapest option. Tcp is required, udp is a + but not a must.

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

Perhaps X4B?

I have a special on at the moment (until Monday) for 75% off (EU only, US 40% until Monday). Although you need to contact me since I haven't got permission to post it (as its outside of LEB pricing).

• No vps'es?

• Usually DDOS protection is to offer you a reversed proxy for tcp port 80 and 443.

• I want to reroute gameservers so I definitly need a VPS.

We have full TCP & UDP support via reverse proxy and GRE/IPIP tunnels (in beta testing).

There really is no difference (other than that you bring your own VPS).

edited June 2013

@Zen said:
    IMO it is impossible in the LEB budget. If you manage to get your hands on something, you will probably be asked to leave soon enough because it isn't worth the providers time.

I have given EU protection services to a few people around LE* for a LE* price and they have been too problematic - it's hard to provide a service to someone at $15 and put up with it when they face the same issues as a client that pays $300+ for the same service.

Within the LEB budget, yes it is impossible in Europe but not because of the difficulty or time issues. Automation and good procedures can significantly reduce costs. As well as defining clear limits (prevent costs spiraling out of control during the top 1% off attacks).

In Europe the largest cost is Bandwidth and hardware. And at a consumer level less competition due to these factors raises the price even more.

I do give protection to customers at a slightly more than LEB price (atleast at the moment), so I should know the costs involved.

• @Zen said:
    IMO it is impossible in the LEB budget. If you manage to get your hands on something, you will probably be asked to leave soon enough because it isn't worth the providers time.

Do you know the difference between inside and outside? I know it is almost impossible to get it. I'm willing to pay 50 euros. But I need a reasonable amount of bandwith. And a dedicated ipv4 address.

edited June 2013

Reasonable is very open to interpretation. Anyway Ive already mentioned myself so Ill butt out of this thread. Good luck and be aware that my mentioned special ends on Monday (GMT+9:30).

If you need more than 1TB I can work something out.

• @SplitIce

Can I upgrade the plans with the 75% off? And do these come including a dedicated ip?

http://www.x4b.net/ddos/overview

(Or is that HTTP only? I can't really find a good answer)

edited June 2013

Most DDoS providers only provide support for HTTP connections. With us you proxy any application (or service) that communicates over either TCP or UDP protocols.

If you require additional bandwidth your quote will be custom. Although we will factor in the discount into our equation. All plans include 1 dedicated IP.

• @SplitIce

Possibility to upgrade the plans. So when I buy the 20gb plan with 75% is it possible to upgrade to the 200gb plan with 75% off?

edited June 2013

No, that is explicitly not allowed. Terms of the coupon are the same as: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11015/x4b-ddos-protection-recurring-40-off

Getting a custom quote is different to the coupon. Custom plans are a quote and not representative of any percentage discount (even if one was in mind when the quote was made).

I would add it to that thread but at this stage I have not received permission to do so (as its outside LET pricing).

• I have an offer for you to test out a location if you want, free of charge, for at least a week under the condition that you leave at any time when requested (in case it is too big or causes issues for others)

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited June 2013

@William

Depends on the location but Im willing to accept the conditions.

• GaNiGaNi Member

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2013

@taronyu said:
    Depends on the location but Im willing to accept the conditions.

Eastern Europe, depending on attack type/size either in or outside the EU.

Network1 (EU, Large local telco) has around 200Gbps BW (no.. it's not Voxility...) and implements higher level filters (UDP, TCP, drop ACLs and automatically live generated ACLs) as well as some (very limited) L7 filters.
    Automated ACLs upstreamwide(!) (getting automatically set on Cogent etc. and peering exchanges borders to drop ONLY UDP for example)

This would be the "cheap network" if this gets to be a product.

Network2 (non-EU, state backed telco, 2mil mainly Fiber customers) has around 2000Gbps BW and implements very strong low level filters (UDP, Spoofed TCP, parts of normal TCP, up to 1000Gbit) and heavy hardware filtering behind it (Multiple RioRey RG's and Hardware from other vendors that i can't name as well as permanent transport sessions to multiple other filter/BW providers, including Verisign and Akamai for worst case scenarios)

This would be "premium" and highly priced.