Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for cheap VPS in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for cheap VPS in EU

I am currently on Netcup , it's all fine , but there is little inconvenience for me , the spec is 4 core , 12 GB RAM and 60 GB SSD.
I don't need that much RAM and SSD , 4 o 6 GB RAM and 20-30 GB SSD is enough for me , what I am hunger about is CPU.

server4you seems interesting , but it seems have bad reputation here in LET, besides that spec with that price just seems to good to be true.

Hertzner is also ok , but still same as netcup , too much RAM with less core.

Webtropia looks great , though I am not certain about its "vCore" capabilities.

also looked Online.net , but I am not sure how is its "x86 cores" performs...

Contabo looks nice , for real ?

Strato is also checked , couldn't really figure out about "vCore" and it seems to be OpenVZ?

also checked php-friends and some I forgot to mention.

maybe some good providers I don't know about, I really hope someone could point it out.

requirement:
more CPU as possible , 4-6 GB RAM and 20-30 GB SSD. KVM would be better , but never tried Virtuozzo, might give a shot , OpenVZ seems to be no so good ...
100Mb or 1Gb with fair usage is fine to me.
don't have much traffic monthly, 1TB traffic is more than enough.
budget: 20-30 euro, with or without VAT, if it's attractive enough I might take it even with higher price.

Comments

• Hi,
    I can offer you
    6 GB RAM
    8 CPU's
    50 GB SAS not SSD
    10Gbit uplink
    1000 GB BW
    Netherlands location
    for €25 per month

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2017

How about dedicated server? SeFlow's E3-1230 3,2Ghz 16GB 240GB SSD 100Mbps dedi is available for €29/m. Hetzner auction is also an option. As for VMs, check Wishosting E3/i7 KVM offers if FR, which can be combined. @pbgben offers hight performance CPU KVMs in FR too.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We can do the following KVM in Netherlands:

4GB RAM
    100GB SSD Cached Disk
    4TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IPv4
    2 Free Wildcard SSL's
    Free DDoS Protection
    $20/m
    PM me for order link.

• Hi,

If you are looking for something that has good CPU then we can certainly help out, our Dedicated KVM packages can be foundat https://piohost.co.uk/cart.php?gid=16

They are not ssd however they are Raid-10 SAS drives so better performance then HDD but not as good as SSD.

If this appeals to you then please drop me a pm and we can discuss it more.

• SV_NickSV_Nick Member
    edited April 2017

Hi,

We could offer you the below.

£14.99/ month

• 4 Cores
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 150 GB Storage
    • 2 TB Bandwidth
    • 1 IP's More available
    • IPv6 Available

Drop me a message!

• jgillichjgillich Member
    edited April 2017

Scaleway, 6 Xeon E5 cores for 25 Euros: https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/

But they are probably shared, if you really need as much CPU as you can get, I'd go dedicated. Online.net or Hetzner server auction.

• I guess you are German?

Anyway, the providers you mentioned here, except for netcup, Hetzer and online.net, are not good.

Server4you will throttle you into oblivion if you use any cpu power at all.

Webtropia throws you on a node that is as unmanaged as it can get. Prepare for very noisy neighbours, very bad disk i/o and for their overall bad network in Düsseldorf.

Contabo is a pretty shady company and don't expect much cpu power there.

Strato is only for the people who have no clue about servers and are fine with the bad servers that they get from them.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hello @qtwrk,

we can offer the following in Düsseldorf and Amsterdam:

UltraKVM-75

• 4 GB RAM
    • 4 CPU Core
    • 75 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 2 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 1 month

12.00 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (10.08 EUR/10.70 USD excl. VAT)

We offer a 14 days refund period for the first invoice. That gives you the possibility to test our services without any risk.

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

• @SV_Nick said:
    Hi,

£14.99/ month

• 4 Cores
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 150 GB Storage
    • 2 TB Bandwidth
    • 1 IP's More available
    • IPv6 Available

Drop me a message!

Provider tag?

• @sanvit said:

@SV_Nick said:
    Hi,

£14.99/ month

• 4 Cores
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 150 GB Storage
    • 2 TB Bandwidth
    • 1 IP's More available
    • IPv6 Available

Drop me a message!

Provider tag?

As a new user here, I do apologize and have just submitted my request for a Provider Tag and have filled in the ticket.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

Hello,

Maybe we have something for you, VZ is Hyper-V but storage is SATA disks.

The idea is to let you choose how much vcpu/ram/disk space you want.

Have a look on our website it speaks by itself :

https://express.ikoula.com/en/virtual-server

Looking glass : lg.ikoula.com

• bersybersy Member

SV_Nick said: As a new user here, I do apologize and have just submitted my request for a Provider Tag and have filled in the ticket.

As a new user here, you are supposed to read this first https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited April 2017

Have a look at wishosting.com offer. Nearly every package is within your budget. You can buy several times the same package and combine it to one big & fat VPS.

If you are looking for CPU performance, KVM HDD Plus II package should be ideal for you. Unfortunately from what I can see, it's not in stock right now, but you can try to PM @excaption0x876.

Here is what 3xKVM HDD Plus II combines to (each package is $8.99)

6xE5-2670 (~9576 passmark score)
    24GB ECC RAM
    900GB RAID-1 HDD
    250Mbps unmetered bandwidth
    3 IPv4
    $26,97

If you are in charge and need it as soon as possible, there is also SSD based package "KVM SSD", which is in stock right now. Each package comes with:

1xE31245v2 (~1996 passmark score)
    2GB RAM
    60GB SSD
    1 IPv4
    $4.99

With your budget, you can afford to buy 4 (sadly that's the limit) of these packages. This equals to:

4xE31245v2 (~7984 passmark score)
    8GB RAM
    240GB SSD
    4 IPv4
    $19,96

I don't think that any other provider can get you such specs for such amount of money, being at the same time so clear about the CPU and RAID.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jgillich said:

But they are probably shared, if you really need as much CPU as you can get, I'd go dedicated. Online.net or Hetzner server auction.

Wait, those are Xeon E5? Thought they were atoms...

• sanvit said: Wait, those are Xeon E5? Thought they were atoms...

The "Workload Intensive Cloud Servers" are E5, I think there are benchmarks here somewhere. Only the cheaper VPSes and the dedis are Atoms.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@sanvit said:

@jgillich said:

Wait, those are Xeon E5? Thought they were atoms...

for the workload intensive range those should be xeon D15xx cores/threads - there are some geekbenches at primatelabs like this: http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2196422

search for 'xeon 1531' and verify that it is from the scaleway range by looking for the amount of memory in the individual listing - they use uncommon numbers like 15, 30, 60 GB which makes it quite easy to identify those ;-)

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

thanks for the help guys.
    I see a lot of interesting offer.
    I will carefully consider every option.

thanks again !

• Falzo said: for the workload intensive range those should be xeon D15xx cores/threads

Oops, second time I'm wrong today. Still pretty good considering their price.