Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a VPS for Altcoin Mining/daemon purpose
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a VPS for Altcoin Mining/daemon purpose

Hi, I'm looking for a VPS the Linux-based system, at least 50GB SSD,2GB RAM, DDoS if possible, location doesn't really matter at reasonable price.

Comments

• Sheesh, don't do that on a VPS, silly. Get a dedicated. A Scaleway ARM dedi is 3 euro/mo with 50gb ssd and 2gb ram, though no significant ddos filtering. Its total speed (4 cores) is about what you'd get on one E5 thread, so like a cheap x86 vps except no one will get after you for cpu hogging. If you want to mine seriously though, you need a bigger/more expensive dedi, maybe with a GPU. GPU dedis exist but cost a lot by comparison.

• What about ASICs? The power bills might be a lot though.

• HorusHorus Member

i s accept cryptocurrencies, it is for daemon purpose not the Mining.

• I think you're still best off with a dedi such as the Scaleway. But you did say mining.

ASICs are for bitcoin: I doubt this altcoin has an ASIC yet.

• HorusHorus Member

Yeah, the altcoin hasn't ASIC yet.is there Scaleway an alternative and accept cryptocurrencies

@willie said:
    I think you're still best off with a dedi such as the Scaleway. But you did say mining.

ASICs are for bitcoin: I doubt this altcoin has an ASIC yet.

• There was a thread on cheap dedis under 20USD, try one of them.

• Horus said: is there Scaleway an alternative and accept cryptocurrencies

Scaleway doesn't accept cryptocurrency. There are probably some dedi providers who do, but I don't remember any off the top of my head. They will be much more expensive than Scaleway either way.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

Horus said: is there Scaleway an alternative and accept cryptocurrencies

Scaleway doesn't accept cryptocurrency. There are probably some dedi providers who do, but I don't remember any off the top of my head. They will be much more expensive than Scaleway either way.

I know of even fewer who will let you use their shared systems for mining.

• WSS said: I know of even fewer who will let you use their shared systems for mining.

We were talking about dedis. They generally are fine with mining. You can mine on a BuyVM KVM slice and they take bitcoin, but you'll be throttled to 1/2 thread on the 2GB one, which will be slower than the Scaleway ARM dedi.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: I know of even fewer who will let you use their shared systems for mining.

We were talking about dedis.

You may have been. I don't think the OP is completely sold on the idea- waiting for the following "WTF what happened to my service? SCAM" thread.

• HorusHorus Member

What is happened to your server? is scaleway by $ or EUr?

• What server? Scaleway? They bill in Euros. I have one of their dedis (the 3 euro/month one I mentioned) and I'm happy with it. It's just not a powerhouse by any standards.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Get a slice. https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

It'd be $10.00/month ($7 + $3 for filtering), I can bump your space for free.

Francisco

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited April 2017

Please check our KVM SSD special package - 1 core 2GB RAM 60GB SSD for $9.99/quarter - wishosting.com