My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
edited April 2017 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

  • SolusVM Powered
  • Native IPv6
  • Powerful Intel E5 CPU's
  • RAID 0 + SSD-Caching
  • NO BS!
  • DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand (default).)

Recent Changes

  • New Templates: Debian 8 and CentOS 7.1503.01 templates have been added! Network script was updated to support systemd.
  • IPv6: You are now allocated a /112 automatically per VPS.
  • These promotional plans do not come with any sort of backup at all! Nightly backups may be purchased for $1 monthly. We utilize OVH FTP service to provide backups. This is to be assumed as ON-SITE.
  • We utilize RAID-0 and SSD Cache. You are responsible for your data.
  • Added CentOS 7 template!
  • Created a script to set up networking when installing from an ISO. Can be found in KB!
  • Added CentOS 7 ISO.
  • Added CentOS 5 x86 / x86_64 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86 / x86_64 templates.

Happy Easter

  • All plans come with more disk space and transfer!
  • All plans also come with 5 IPv4! (Provisioned automatically!)

KVM Canada Offers

Plan Name: LET-EASTER-1GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

IP Space: 5 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=202


Plan Name: LET-EASTER-2GB-40GB-4TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

IP Space: 5 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 4

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=203


Plan Name: LET-EASTER-3GB-60GB-6TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 60 GB

Premium Transfer: 6144 GB

IP Space: 5 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 4

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=204


Plan Name: LET-EASTER-4GB-80GB-8TB-QUARTERLY **

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 80 GB

**Premium Transfer: 8192 GB

IP Space: 5 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=205

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2

Review #3 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.
Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August (2013) and highly recommend you try them."


Review #4 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.
Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."


Review #5 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #6 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Review #7

Custom Plans

  • Contact me and we will see about working something out. Let me know what you are looking for and at what price.

Windows Allowed?

  • Yes, with a few caveats.
  • You must own a retail license for a server OS that is licensed correctly. You will need to submit proof of this.
  • No bizspark or MSDN / Technet etc.
  • No trials.
  • Please open a ticket and this can be taken care of!

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin & Credit Card (via Paypal)

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Happy Easter!

Thanks!

Thanked by 1josephb
Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.

Comments

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

    Always has been.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

    What's wrong with RAID 0. The provider states there is no backups (unless you pay) and you are responsible for your data which is fair. They can offer that with the SLA.

    Thanked by 2MCHPhil sanvit

    Yeah, I have memes. Not much else. Links are affiliate links

    Powered by VMHaus (NVMe servers in UK, FR & CA with DDoS protection and BGP Sessions in UK) & Piohost Premium Bristolingrad

  • @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

    I prefer a provider with raid0 who is open about it over a provider who's not willing to tell what raid they run.

    Thanked by 3MCHPhil ucxo sanvit

    Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.
    Thanked by (1): [Deleted User].

  • bersybersy Member
    edited April 2017

    MCHPhil said: IP Space: 5 IPv4

    Really?

    There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

    Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • bersy said: There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

    But probably still nothing changes from this year with pricing scheme, since OVH itself become KVM and cheaper.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @jenkki said:

    bersy said: There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

    But probably still nothing changes from this year with pricing scheme, since OVH itself become KVM and cheaper.

    If you can find a /29 with resources cheaper than $4/mo, I'd like to know where.

    Thanked by 1MCHPhil

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • Welcome back @MCHPhil ! Nice offers as always :P

    Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • One of my best providers. I have been using them going on 4 years, without any data loss due to RAID0. The above offers are the best I have seen from MCH in years, I highly recommend you try them.

    System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 2399.996 MHz
    Memory          : 1852 MB
    Swap            : 2047 MB
    Uptime          : 7 days, 13:55,
    
    Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        91.5MB/s
    
    Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          35.1MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       51.9MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       28.0MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       33.1MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       54.6MB/s
    
    Tokyo, Japan            Linode          10.9MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       10.1MB/s
    
    Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         11.8MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        5.98MB/s
    
    
    Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 535 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 115 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 88.1 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 246.033 MB/s
    
    
    • benchmark for old times.
    Thanked by 3MCHPhil bersy Ndha
  • JonesJones Member

    @MCHPhil

    Kansas City, MO USA,can offer?

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

    Kansas City, MO USA,can offer?

    We only offer web hosting in KC, MO. But if that is what you are looking for I can get you a deal.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • JonesJones Member

    @MCHPhil said:

    @Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

    Kansas City, MO USA,can offer?

    We only offer web hosting in KC, MO. But if that is what you are looking for I can get you a deal.

    Choose a package to buy? Then move to Kansas City, MO USA?

    Is this the right understanding?

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @Jones said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    @Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

    Kansas City, MO USA,can offer?

    We only offer web hosting in KC, MO. But if that is what you are looking for I can get you a deal.

    Choose a package to buy? Then move to Kansas City, MO USA?

    Is this the right understanding?

    Not at all. I do not offer any KVM hosting in KC. Only web hosting (cPanel) sir.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • Can old vps be upgraded to your newer plans? since it's the same specs but with more space & bandwidth

    Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @Ruriko said:
    Can old vps be upgraded to your newer plans? since it's the same specs but with more space & bandwidth

    Best bet would be cancelling the old and ordering new. Sorry for the trouble but KVM upgrades are not the simplest. If you understand whats involved PM me and we can get it setup. You would be on your own as far as extending the disk.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • please active my product. now pending

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @yohanesp said:
    please active my product. now pending

    I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • @MCHPhil said:

    @yohanesp said:
    please active my product. now pending

    I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

    Whats the problem ? i need your service

  • @yohanesp said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    @yohanesp said:
    please active my product. now pending

    I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

    Whats the problem ? i need your service

    He might not need you as a client. Maybe you sent too many tickets, causing the provider to get a net loss after support payments?

    You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

    Thanked by 1MCHPhil

    Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.
    Thanked by (1): [Deleted User].

  • yohanesp said: Whats the problem ?

    NO BS! = NO BeSmart

  • jenkki said: NO BS! = NO BeSmart

    Okay. Thank you

  • teamacc said: You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

    i see, thank you

  • yohanesp said: Okay.

    If you open a old threads about this hosting, you can see many similar reports, looks like still nothing changed from 2015..

    Thanked by 1yohanesp
  • m3gfm3gf Member

    any test ip or lookingglass?

  • I just looked at the hosting costs, it says From $0.25/yr at the main selection page, but after going through it ends up to become $3/yr. So I'm guessing you meant $0.25/m? (Still a good price though!)

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @teamacc said:

    @yohanesp said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    @yohanesp said:
    please active my product. now pending

    I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

    Whats the problem ? i need your service

    He might not need you as a client. Maybe you sent too many tickets, causing the provider to get a net loss after support payments?

    You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

    TY! You were correct in your assumption. Had 3 notices and a forum post to activate service. It was automatically provisioned within 5 minutes of paying. Not sure that will be a good situation for either of us.

    @TheRealMakan, what plan are you seeing this on? When I just looked none are showing what you describe.

    @m3gf, read the post please. It's all included. Plus other important information related to what you are paying for :)

    @haters, Glad to see you are still around! Good morning :)

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

    MCHPhil said: @haters, Glad to see you are still around!

    It will be endless for you for those who around for a long time..

  • m3gfm3gf Member

    have seen that,ok.looks nice

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    Pricing is correct. It is $3 a year. Or WHMCS breaks it down to $.25 a month. :) Has been that way forever :)

    Thanked by 1TheRealMakan
    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • ihellihell Member

    Do you approve that is I would prefer a custom plan?

  • Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @sanvit said:
    Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

    You are correct. There's no way to protect myself with non retail channels. So retail channels only.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • @MCHPhil said:

    @sanvit said:
    Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

    You are correct. There's no way to protect myself with non retail channels. So retail channels only.

    That's sad... :( You don't offer Windows licence ATM?

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @sanvit said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    @sanvit said:
    Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

    You are correct. There's no way to protect myself with non retail channels. So retail channels only.

    That's sad... :( You don't offer Windows licence ATM?

    We do not. Sorry for the trouble.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • @MCHPhil are education keys allowed?

    Yeah, I have memes. Not much else. Links are affiliate links

    Powered by VMHaus (NVMe servers in UK, FR & CA with DDoS protection and BGP Sessions in UK) & Piohost Premium Bristolingrad

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @MCHPhil are education keys allowed?

    Not likely. Only retail channels.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • Just want to confirm are you really giving out 5 ip adresses with these offers?

  • What is the port speed? 1Gbps uplink? Do you have any speed limit?

  • @MCHPhil

    Two things I want to confirm before ordering:

    1) Will you be able to provide additional IPv4 at $1/IP, I will be needing a total of 10 IPs and I will need them for SSL, Wordpress blogs and OpenVPN and not for spam or illegal purposes.

    2) Do you only have Montreal based IPs or do you also have other Canadian cities IPs as well?

    3) Since you are using KVM, that means the RAM and CPU provided with each VPS is dedicated and not shared right?

    4) Can you provide details about the hardware such as drives, cpu and RAM being used for these plans.

    Thanks

  • TinkuTinku Member

    I want full time ddos protection instead of sensor mode so that all the traffic comes through filtering because i want to run a chat app so can you do it? Sensor mode takes seconds to activate filtering that makes chat user disconnect even before the detection.

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
    edited April 2017

    @WebGuru said:
    Just want to confirm are you really giving out 5 ip adresses with these offers?

    While stock lasts.

    @skylinecn said:
    What is the port speed? 1Gbps uplink? Do you have any speed limit?

    It's shared.

    Node has
    500 Mbps of guaranteed bandwidth
    1 Gbps burst

    @hybridized said:
    @MCHPhil

    Two things I want to confirm before ordering:

    1) Will you be able to provide additional IPv4 at $1/IP, I will be needing a total of 10 IPs and I will need them for SSL, Wordpress blogs and OpenVPN and not for spam or illegal purposes.

    2) Do you only have Montreal based IPs or do you also have other Canadian cities IPs as well?

    3) Since you are using KVM, that means the RAM and CPU provided with each VPS is dedicated and not shared right?

    4) Can you provide details about the hardware such as drives, cpu and RAM being used for these plans.

    Thanks

    @Tinku said:
    I want full time ddos protection instead of sensor mode so that all the traffic comes through filtering because i want to run a chat app so can you do it? Sensor mode takes seconds to activate filtering that makes chat user disconnect even before the detection.

    No thank you, I feel like what you are looking for is more than I would provide. Honestly, I don't want to be the tank for a chat app.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • @MCHPhil said:

    • Additional IP's are $2 monthly. I will not approve IP's for SSL or OpenVPN usage.

    Why not? It will be for personal use and not for anything illegal.

    Seems like you are very picky about what you offer and to who you offer the services to. Don't know why you are offering discounted package when you are going to decline most customers.

    If you change your mind let me know, I don't mind paying $2/IP.

    Thanks and goodluck.

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @hybridized said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    • Additional IP's are $2 monthly. I will not approve IP's for SSL or OpenVPN usage.

    Why not? It will be for personal use and not for anything illegal.

    Seems like you are very picky about what you offer and to who you offer the services to. Don't know why you are offering discounted package when you are going to decline most customers.

    If you change your mind let me know, I don't mind paying $2/IP.

    Thanks and goodluck.

    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • WSSWSS Member

    @MCHPhil said:
    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

    It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
    edited April 2017

    @WSS said:

    @MCHPhil said:
    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

    It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

    My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update).

    Edit:
    Desktop Browsers

    • Internet Explorer 7 and later
    • Firefox 2
    • Opera 8 with TLS 1.1 enabled
    • Google Chrome:

      • Supported on Windows XP on Chrome 6 and later
      • Supported on Vista and later by default
      • OS X 10.5.7 in Chrome Version 5.0.342.0 and later
    • Safari 2.1 and later (requires OS X 10.5.6 and later or Windows Vista and later).

    • Note: No versions of Internet Explorer on Windows XP support SNI
    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • WSSWSS Member

    @MCHPhil said:

    @WSS said:

    @MCHPhil said:
    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

    It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

    My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update)

    I'm talking about proprietary software built on IE <8. Chrome, Firefox, et al, are no longer built on XP, but many embedded (POS, etc) systems are still reliant upon it for many years to come.

    Like I said, it probably doesn't affect most cheap VPS providers, but it's still something to be aware of.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @WSS said:

    @MCHPhil said:

    @WSS said:

    @MCHPhil said:
    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

    It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

    My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update)

    I'm talking about proprietary software built on IE <8. Chrome, Firefox, et al, are no longer built on XP, but many embedded (POS, etc) systems are still reliant upon it for many years to come.

    Like I said, it probably doesn't affect most cheap VPS providers, but it's still something to be aware of.

    Could not agree more :)

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
  • WSSWSS Member

    So, I should request 2 IPs because I want a nameserver, and an smtp service, and I don't want them both on the same IP just in case one gets flooded but the other might still work, then?

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider

    @WSS said:
    So, I should request 2 IPs because I want a nameserver, and an smtp service, and I don't want them both on the same IP just in case one gets flooded but the other might still work, then?

    That's the idea. If your ordering from this deal, you get a /29 by default. If you need an IP on a second subnet just ticket me. I'll get it handled.

    Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
Sign In or Register to comment.