Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for inexpensive dedicated server Los Angeles
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for inexpensive dedicated server Los Angeles

Don't need anything fancy but I do need a good solid consistent connection because I am doing VoIP. It's a lot more sensitive to jitter and momentary drop outs. I am having a lot of those problems with my current provider Ubiquity. It's a shame because I have servers in some of their other data centers and the connection has been great. It's only their westcoast data centers that seem to have lousy connectivity.

I could live with a newer dual core but would prefer quad. Doesn't need to be smoking fast. Just middle of the road I guess. 8Gig, 2x1TB. KVMip full time or on demand. My bandwidth requirements are fairly minimal. As long as I can get 2-5TB /month I'm good.

Comments

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

I need a dedicated server. I am using it for hosting KVM. My CPU's are usually not working very hard and I don't oversell my 8Gig either.

I'm paying around $150 right now so that is what I am looking at. Oh also need a /28 block of IP's.

• FYI, you can take a look at GorillaServers and BudgetVM, of course the former one is recommended.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2013

Didn't notice the requirements of the op. Removed.

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the GorillaServers heads up! They look very promising. They say they own and operate the data center which is extra bonus points. Looks like they have good backbone connections. Not using nLayer which is a good thing in LA imho. Everyone says nLayer is the best but that has not been my experience with Ubiquity LA which use nLayer. There is something wrong with their network in that area and has been for the past 6months at least. Maybe not enough capacity to handle the peaks or something else.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

GorillaServers is pretty good, we use them for our LA location :)