Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any storage plans with offline backups?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any storage plans with offline backups?

I think I remember reading about someone that offered storage plan with 3 days of backups?

Need 100gb, KVM 256mb or 500mb

thanks!

Comments

• What do you mean by 'offline backup'? You can make 3 revisions of your file with online.net C14 if you want (€0.002/GB/mo storage + €0.01/GB processing or €0.005/GB/mo + FREE processing)

• WSSWSS Member

"I think I can game the system with this ONE WEIRD TRICK"

Thanked by 1willie
  • Vultr and maybe DO both offer to store 2 backups (you get to pick whether they're daily, weekly, etc). by adding 20% to the cost of your VM. The VM's use SSD and the backups are presumably HDD so the backups don't add as much cost by comparison.

If you're saying that what you really want is 300GB of storage, you can get that much cheaper than dinking around juggling backups around. There are some good offers in the easter special thread right now.

• I can hook you up 50/m, 0.25cpu, 64mb ram, 1tb hdd, 1gb ingress, 500mb egress. 1mbit port. No ip, all nat

Deal? Dm me.

The DC is located underneath my tv.

• @reetwood said:
    I can hook you up 50/m, 0.25cpu, 64mb ram, 1tb hdd, 1gb ingress, 500mb egress. 1mbit port. No ip, all nat

Deal? Dm me.

The DC is located underneath my tv.

1TB storage for ¢50/mo? I'm in :)

• Overage on ingress is 1c per kb. Charged in 10 mb blocks.

Dm me

• Can i ask what the need for the backups is? Are you going to be regularly downloading them and restoring them or is it just in case?

• I am also looking for a storage plan. Max 300GB.

• @willie said:
    Vultr and maybe DO both offer to store 2 backups (you get to pick whether they're daily, weekly, etc). by adding 20% to the cost of your VM. The VM's use SSD and the backups are presumably HDD so the backups don't add as much cost by comparison.

If you're saying that what you really want is 300GB of storage, you can get that much cheaper than dinking around juggling backups around. There are some good offers in the easter special thread right now.

Thanks Willie. I have heard of providers in the past offering backups 2 or 3 times a week, or weekly, etc.

Not sure why everyone else in here is such an idiot, my request is legit and my money is green.

Just had an open ticket with the geniuses as Delimiter for over 7 days so it's time to move on...

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

sidewinder said:

Not sure why everyone else in here is such an idiot, my request is legit and my money is green.

If you have 100gb of data and you want to store 2 backups, you need 300gb of total space. As long as you say up front that you're ready to pay for that, it seems like no problem. But what do you need from the provider? This seems like something you could do yourself. Your main 100gb vps, a 200gb storage vps at another geolocation, and a nightly cron script. As usual it helps if you state a budget and what you expect to get for it.

• @sanvit said:
    What do you mean by 'offline backup'? You can make 3 revisions of your file with online.net C14 if you want (€0.002/GB/mo storage + €0.01/GB processing or €0.005/GB/mo + FREE processing)

same question from me, actually you can download the backup to your own pc by your self, or to another vps/server, manual or automatic by cron/scripts

• Why do that when he can call us all idiots? Maybe then people will be nice and help him.

Thanked by 1willie