Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend cloud with autoscale (up AND down)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend cloud with autoscale (up AND down)

squibssquibs Member

Any reputable providers offering autoscaling up and down in the $10 per Gb/core/10Gb sdd range?

Comments

• DigitalOcean is who I usually use if I need a cloud instance.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2017

It's difficult to autoscale (without instance downtime) with full virtualization, but easy with containers. Check this out:

https://kyup.com

Thanked by 2squibs Jorbox
  • @jarland said:
    It's difficult to autoscale (without instance downtime) with full virtualization, but easy with containers. Check this out:

https://kyup.com

We're sorry but we currently don't accept new signups.

Closed singup

• squibssquibs Member
    edited April 2017

Oh my. I knew about kyup through cloudways. Didn't realise how much of a margin cloudways were charging for the managed portion (they charge much less for DO & vultr).

Thanks @jarland - I'll be checking them out.

Aluminat said: We're sorry but we currently don't accept new signups.

Oh damn that sucks. Yeah I just heard about them today from a cloudways email. I figure if it's run by siteground it's gotta be half decent, they're not bad as far as shared hosts go.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ klikli
  • Ah - I didn't spot the siteground link. Running a few ecomm sites on Siteground Go Geek plans. Rock solid service and support.

I've actually signed up without issue and got $20 credit to boot. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Https://www.domflow.it/cloud.php, you can scale up/down vertical/horizontal manualy or with autoscaling. Full vps, load balancer and docker support

Thanked by 1squibs
  • bersybersy Member

Hmm, maybe one of Jelastic providers. Some of them offer a couple of droplets+disk for free.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • It's about time I explored Jelastic. Really like the concept.

bersy said: Some of them offer a couple of droplets+disk for free

You just used droplet as a universal term.

• @jarland said:

bersy said: Some of them offer a couple of droplets+disk for free

You just used droplet as a universal term.

Was very close - Jelastic use the highly original "Cloudlet"...