Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

v-dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

v-dedicated

Hello,

is there any provider which offers v-dedis like speedkvm in europe?

V-DEDICATED: Dedicated Servers, Running Just One VPS
When you buy a V-DEDICATED you're getting 100% of a physical server dedicated to yourself, running one VPS. You get the benefits of a dedicated server; dedicated gigabit port, dedicated IO, dedicated RAM, dedicated CPU, etc. You also get the benefits of a VPS; VNC access, easy OS reloads, bandwidth monitoring, template and ISO operating system choices, etc. A small amount of RAM and disk are reserved on the hostnode for storing templates/ISOs of operating systems and ensuring smooth operation of the KVM Hypervisor (which runs your VPS).

Comments

• wishosting.com does @exception0x876

Thanked by 2exception0x876 quick
  • No one does, virtualisation is virtualisation,, and dedicated is dedicated, v-dedicated is another way to say vps, you cannot assume that you have all resources.

• quickquick Member

@Jorbox said:
    No one does, virtualisation is virtualisation,, and dedicated is dedicated, v-dedicated is another way to say vps, you cannot assume that you have all resources.

I want to rent a dedi with the benefits of a vps, so the guys above are liars according to you?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We can offer this in Bulgaria. Depending on your needs.

• @Jorbox said:
    No one does, virtualisation is virtualisation,, and dedicated is dedicated, v-dedicated is another way to say vps, you cannot assume that you have all resources.

Yeah, some cut off in hard drive(for parent OS and VPS images) and RAM/CPU(parent OS consumptions), but other than that, you get the whole dedicated resource...

Thanked by 1quick
  • quickquick Member

@AlexBarakov said:
    We can offer this in Bulgaria. Depending on your needs.

can you beat this (-30% coupon TWIT30)?

https://speedykvm.com/#vdedi

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

quick said: can you beat this (-30% coupon TWIT30)?

https://speedykvm.com/#vdedi

Nope, don't think we can match anything like this.

Thanked by 1quick
  • quickquick Member

@sanvit said:

@Jorbox said:

Yeah, some cut off in hard drive(for parent OS and VPS images) and RAM/CPU(parent OS consumptions), but other than that, you get the whole dedicated resource...

how much cpu/ram cut off is this round about?

• JarryJarry Member

What sense does it make to run single VPS on dedicated server? None of those vps "benefits" seems to me to be valid...

Thanked by 1Yura
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Jarry said:
    What sense does it make to run single VPS on dedicated server? None of those vps "benefits" seems to me to be valid...

There are some pros/cons for both a client and a hoster.

For client the pros are faster reinstalls, better monitoring, VNC. The cons are additional layers of virtualization which usually results in a bit slower performance and an inability to use some software.

Thanked by 1quick
  • easyeasy Member

license?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@quick said:

@sanvit said:

@Jorbox said:

how much cpu/ram cut off is this round about?

Not much on the CPU side. You get all the ram and hard drive mentioned in the website(the specs are all after the cut-off)

@Jarry said:

thought the same untill I got the OneProvider €10 dedi. For one thing, simple reinstallation itself could be a huge plus. Simple management for the provider could also be a plus.

Thanked by 1quick
  • JarryJarry Member

@exception0x876 said:
    There are some pros/cons for both a client and a hoster.

For client the pros are faster reinstalls, better monitoring, VNC. The cons are additional layers of virtualization which usually results in a bit slower performance and an inability to use some software.

OK, but reinstall can be done over kvm too, probably as quickly as uploading installation-media to server. And you could have monitoring and VNC running on dedi-server too (although I do not think it is safe to do monitoring by server being monitored, be it vps or dedi)...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Jarry said:
    OK, but reinstall can be done over kvm too, probably as quickly as uploading installation-media to server. And you could have monitoring and VNC running on dedi-server too (although I do not think it is safe to do monitoring by server being monitored, be it vps or dedi)...

Yes and yes. It is just a matter of usability, personally I love having a debian test VPS deployed in 20 seconds for some quick testing.

• Is it possible to run cPanel vps license on a single big VPS inside dedicated server?

• WSSWSS Member

@brian777 said:
    Is it possible to run cPanel vps license on a single big VPS inside dedicated server?

http://bfy.tw/BCtx

• Dedicated servers prices are decrease day by day, > @brian777 said:

Is it possible to run cPanel vps license on a single big VPS inside dedicated server?

But vps license is deferent than dedicated license, not the same,, like adding a car engine to a rocket

• LeeLee Veteran

Jorbox said: rocket

Reading your last few posts, you need a rocket.

Thanked by 1jar
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Jorbox said:
    But vps license is deferent than dedicated license, not the same,, like adding a car engine to a rocket

Nope. Nope. And Nope.
    https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/what-difference-with-license-dedicated-or-vps.286022/

• @Amitz said:

@Jorbox said:

Nope. Nope. And Nope.
    https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/what-difference-with-license-dedicated-or-vps.286022/

and I will not create a vps from a dedicated server just to save 10$

• lol just gimme the server I'll see what i put in it >.<

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I will 10 dollars is 10 dollars. That pays for a vps.

• LeeLee Veteran

PieNotEvenEaten said: I will 10 dollars is 10 dollars. That pays for a vps.

Me too, it's not without advantages.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
  • quick said:

is there any provider which offers v-dedis like speedkvm in europe?

Online.net lets you install Proxmox on dedis as a menu selection, if that helps. I dunno if I'm getting benefit from it but I'm running a single big KVM under Proxmox on mine.

The 120GB Scaleway instance is basically a dedi, though at $180/month may be more than you wanted.

Similarly a 32GB BuyVM slice is a whole E3 server.

OVH Public Cloud instances aren't single-tenant hardware except for the very biggest ones, but they supposedly have fully dedicated resources per VM.

• @Jorbox said:

@Amitz said:

@Jorbox said:

Nope. Nope. And Nope.

cPanel have also said they have no issues with you virtualizing the server. If anything it's better than running it on bare metal for the most part. Proxmox has some pretty good features...

As people have said $10 is a good VPS. I mean... that could even pay for an offsite backup e.g Kimsufi/OpenVZ.io... It's not just saving $10 either.

You can get a cPanel license for about $13 and a dedicated server license is about $30 give or take.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@Jorbox said:

@Amitz said:

@Jorbox said:

Nope. Nope. And Nope.

cPanel have also said they have no issues with you virtualizing the server. If anything it's better than running it on bare metal for the most part. Proxmox has some pretty good features...

As people have said $10 is a good VPS. I mean... that could even pay for an offsite backup e.g Kimsufi/OpenVZ.io... It's not just saving $10 either.

You can get a cPanel license for about $13 and a dedicated server license is about $30 give or take.

You maybe talk about a personal server not a production server
    but I'm talking about a server that will handle 10k cpanel users
    would you prefer bare metal or proxmox ?

• LeeLee Veteran

Jorbox said: You maybe talk about a personal server not a production server

How do you think most of the LET shared providers do it in order to handle thousands of cPanel users? You can achieve much more than you think. Your view is not the only one that can be right..

• DaipuXDaipuX Member
    edited April 2017

Of course, I think it's a good idea to install a hypervisor on a dedicated server. But it's cumbersome.

However, Hybrid servers can be used with solutions like SolusVM without any setup after purchasing.
    (Depending on the vendor) OS reinstallation, snapshots, backups can be performed quickly and easily.

I like the hybrid server provided by providers like SpeedyKVM or Wishosting. I love the convenience they give.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @Lee said:

Jorbox said: You maybe talk about a personal server not a production server

How do you think most of the LET shared providers do it in order to handle thousands of cPanel users? You can achieve much more than you think. Your view is not the only one that can be right..

I didnt said that you are wrong and I'm right, at all, we are here to learn from each others and I have said that becuse I tried both vps and dedicated servers.