Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedidirect *Avoid like the plague*
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedidirect *Avoid like the plague*

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Sure they have great pricing, however their support team never responds to anything, and here's my situation with them.

I picked up one of their servers a couple of months ago.

I was provided an IP and login that both were not online and didn't work. So I promptly canceled my order and requested a refund.

Hung (Vee) was quick to refund that one and offer a weeks free service to try out the service.

I was sent this message VIA Skype

[5/21/2013 9:13:03 PM] Hung Tran: Hi I need you tos ign up for our services
[5/21/2013 9:13:04 PM] Hung Tran: without paying
[5/21/2013 9:13:07 PM] Hung Tran: so i can start your 1 week
[5/21/2013 11:52:32 PM] Hung Tran: Have you done it yet?

I finally signed up again yesterday, and after discovering the bandwidth was terrible, I quickly canceled and opened a refund request at Paypal.

Hung then sent me a message on skype telling me he's not refunding it as the service has been set up already.

He offered to let me try it for a week... how would I try it without it being set up?

This guy is a liar and a thief.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

You opened a refund request at paypal? Sorry, this is not the proper way to request a refund from a host. This classifies you as fraud.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I would have to agree with @rds100

Did you at least contact him first?

I personal get annoyed when clients don't bother contacting before disputing. I become much less likely to refund.

• Vee is usually one of the few budget hosts I recommend. I had a couple of servers with him from Dec 11-Sep 12 without any problems (Continuum/Chicago, CoreXchange/Dallas).

their support team never responds to anything,

The few technical support issues I had were handled quickly.

Replies to billing related tickets were slower because (like most hosts and other businesses) billing is handled Mon-Fri during working hours.

I personal get annoyed when clients don't bother contacting before disputing. I become much less likely to refund.

Annoyed would be an understatement when someone files a chargeback without bothering to contact us first, or files a chargeback because they called our billing phone number at 2AM on a Saturday and nobody was available and they were sent to voicemail (our after hours voicemail message lists our hours of operation) .

Annoyed at the time it takes to fill out the paperwork and challenge the chargeback, annoyed at the chargeback fee, annoyed that the customer didn't bother to contact us first so we could resolve the issue. Annoyed in general. :P

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2013

You paid, you received the service. He didn't sign a contract to legally to give you a 1 week of service for free.

Vee replied directly on his WHT thread and I can't find anything done wrong except the part you committed fraud by opening a dispute with PayPal.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275252

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I opened a dispute with paypal after discussing it with him and him pretty much telling me to take a walk after reneging on what he originally agreed to.

He told me to sign up for service without paying. I took him at his word and thought that the server would be ok for me. Ran some trace routes and the routing is no good for me so I requested he cancel it and refund me as his service was not for me.

He then told me to get bent in not so many words.

• I am sure your attitude, which you have shown here time and again, really made him want to help you. In the future maybe consider being a little more patient with people and try not using so much attitude.

Also, you may want to review this article on how to contact support properly, it may help answer some of the problems you have been seeing with your interactions with different hosts.

Cheers!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I for one have yet to find an issues with @agoldenberg 's attitude so Idk what you're referring to.
    However, obviously the server was a piece of crap and thus a refund at least a partial refund should be given.

My attitude? I was perfectly reasonable with him until he started copping an attitude with me when I told him the server was not what I was looking for.

• prae5prae5 Member

@Zen said:
    Then I guess you shouldn't have bought it.

He didn't he was offered a free trial

• Something doesn't add up here

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

It sounds like he was offered a trial but decided to sign up for a month, then wants a refund.

I learnt this when I was younger...don't go to too many hosts and get refunds!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@dominicl said:
    It sounds like he was offered a trial but decided to sign up for a month, then wants a refund.

I learnt this when I was younger...don't go to too many hosts and get refunds!

You were less than a year younger the last time I saw. :)

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

@dominicl said:
    It sounds like he was offered a trial but decided to sign up and pay for a month, then wants a refund.

Yes (with the addition of 2 words for clarification).

Ran some trace routes and the routing is no good for me so I requested he cancel it and refund me as his service was not for me.

Vee has test IPs in his WHT listings. Continuum has a looking glass on their website. Why didn't you run the traceroutes before you ordered the server?

I should clarify. I made a mistake in my statements. It wasn't the routing that was off. It was the bandwidth. On a gigabit connection I was barely seeing 45MB/s internally (within their network) externally 1.5MB/s

• So..you signed up for a free trial, paid anyway, received service that didn't meet your expectations network-wise, and rather than trying to figure out the issue with them just said FUCK IT LOL PAYPAL DISPUTE.

Nope. I spoke to them first. He pretty much told me to fuck off. So then I said fuck it LOL paypal dispute.

• You paid them for a service, you received a service. It's not their fault you didn't raise the issues with them and give them a chance to fix them.

You don't deserve a refund, you deserve to be blacklisted.

• Vee was really good to me. I highly recommend his services

I didn't say I had no fault in this. I said I made the mistake of paying. I know I'll likely loose my money. I just feel the way he handled it was rude and really not necessary.

• KoreyKorey Member

I don't understand if it was a "free trial" why you had to pay anything?

• @Korey said:
    I don't understand if it was a "free trial" why you had to pay anything?

Good logic,I do not understand why you paid when he offered a free trial.Most dedicated server companies do not refund money after you paid.

• Why are you avoiding the question everyone is asking. If you was looking for the free trial. Why did you go ahead and pay the invoice

• Vee offered you a free week on May 21, and you took it 3 weeks later?
    Did you confirm with him if the offer still stands?
    I suppose you didn't and just ordered a new service, hence you paid a full invoice.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2013
    • Signed up for free week trial without paying
    • Opened paypal dispute

Sincerely confused. For another opinion on the matter of paypal, while I'm guilty of misusing the dispute function in the past (prior to being made aware of the relevant details of the full event), I am also far less likely to refund someone who tries to walk away not just taking back the money they paid me but a few extra dollars out of my pocket at the same time. It's like saying "Not only do I not think your service is worth my money, but I'd like you to have less money than you did when I came around."

Ok he offered it on may 22nd and I accepted it. he never set it up and so I registered again. Then he said the offer no longer stands after the fact.

• jon617jon617 Veteran

Their Illinois datacenter is bad, but I had no problems with their Dallas location.

Yeah and that's all I said to him. I said the datacenter that they are in is not for me. The throughput is pretty bad.

• ztecztec Member

lol as a customer you're truly fucked complaining on a providers infested board. Can anyone please link me to some cases where people were arrested for (wrongfully) opening a Paypal dispute? Because fraud is illegal. So if you cant show us any convictions you're just lying.

I've sent all the evidence required to paypal.

As I said. This provider offered me a trial. Told me to go sign up (which I did) and then backed out.

Fortunately for me your opinion of what constitutes fraud, is not actually fraud otherwise I might be in jail.

The provider lied to me in order to get me to hand over money to them.

• edited June 2013

I really don't understand why you paid, since he told you to sing up without paying...

@agoldenberg said:

The provider lied to me in order to get me to hand over money to them.

Uhm, what?

@agoldenberg said:

[5/21/2013 9:13:03 PM] Hung Tran: Hi I need you tos ign up for our services

[5/21/2013 9:13:04 PM] Hung Tran: without paying

[5/21/2013 9:13:07 PM] Hung Tran: so i can start your 1 week

[5/21/2013 11:52:32 PM] Hung Tran: Have you done it yet?