Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Server (Chicago?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Server (Chicago?)

AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
edited April 2017 in Requests

I am looking for a dedicated server for hosting a few game servers. I would like to have it with some game server friendly ddos if possible. If not there needs to be an automated null function on the platform and the understanding that I will be hit by attacks, eventually. I would also like a medium sized SSD if possible in the server. Budget is around 59.99$ a month, and I don't wish to spend more.

Thank you for taking a look.

1. CPU: Core i7/e3/et cetera.
  2. Memory: 16 GB
  3. HD: SSD (256gb <=)
  4. Network: 100mbps, unmetered.
  5. Location: Mid US (Chicago/Colorado?)
  6. IP: /29
  7. IPv6: Yes please.

Comments

• Maybe VortexNode as something in Chicago? But really, at this price point, all I can think of is OVH.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Would say Alnitech (check their WHT offers, look at previous ones - if the order links + coupons are active they should still honour them), but not sure about how they handle DDoS.

I have an E3-1230v3/16GB/2x1TB HDD/100Mbps unm. + /29 in Chicago for $39.99.

• RizRiz Member

Alnitech has good peering and cheap, but IPMI was hosted on a public, non firewalled address. I paid for v3's and was delivered v1's. No issue getting a refund.

Tzulo is awesome, might have to reach out for custom deals, but they'll do Colo or dedicated out of Coresite. Haven't had any problems this far.

CC's Chicago network was shit IMO.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited April 2017

Harambe said: Would say Alnitech

Same offer than 3 years ago from Alnitech. I've got one of these and my experience with their network was not good. Multiple tickets opened back then and they couldn't find the problem. I gave up.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Riz said:
    Alnitech has good peering and cheap, but IPMI was hosted on a public, non firewalled address. I paid for v3's and was delivered v1's. No issue getting a refund.

I think they changed that, you have to whitelist IPs in the billing section. I ordered Chicago and got a v3.

@FredQc Hmm, no issues so far.. I'm getting rid of it though because 100Mbps isn't good enough for what I want to do.