Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

East coast VPSes, under $20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

East coast VPSes, under $20

xeldaxelda Member
edited January 2012 in General

I'm looking for a good east coast (New York, Chicago, Denver, etc) host. I would use en.edis.at, but they don't allow the hosting IRC servers in their Chicago DC (A lot of places don't.).

I need at least 512 RAM, more preferable. Around 300gb BW, hard disk space isn't important.

Looking to spend twentyish. Linode is the top contender in Newark, but it's a bit expensive for the memory.

Comments

• Do you look for $20 per month? also is it OVZ , KVM, or XEN?

• Hostigation.com (S. Carolina)
    Securedragon.com (Florida)
    Bitcable.com (Virginia)

Dunno about IRC.

• @sleddog only Hostigation allows IRC out of your list

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited January 2012

RamHost.us (Atlanta)

IRC allowed. This time I checked :)

• @dmmcintyre3 said: @sleddog only Hostigation allows IRC out of your list

I seem to recall Tim mentioning that he's not talking any new clients for South Carolina though. He's got that rack here in Charlotte but it's not up yet. Also he hasn't stated if they allow IRC on it.

• @drmike said: Also he hasn't stated if they allow IRC on it.

CaroNet is old school, not quite as old school as I am, but they don't care much of what you do as long as you don't flood them with abuse complaints and you handle what you get. My policy has always been don't be a dick when it comes to IRC.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@xelda said: I need at least 512 RAM, more preferable. Around 300gb BW, hard disk space isn't important.

It wont be hard to get $20USD a month with 512mb in it. And most allow irc now.

• Under $20 isn't really LEB, but...

6sync.com -- NJ
    Ramhost.us -- Atlanta
    VPSColo -- NJ

• Your welcome to take a look at some of our plans we're located in Pennsylvania, USA and our 512 MB comes with 2 TB of bandwidth for $5.95 /Mo. (Link In Signature)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@BlueVM said: Your welcome to take a look at some of our plans we're located in Pennsylvania, USA and our 512 MB comes with 2 TB of bandwidth for $5.95 /Mo. (Link In Signature)

Obvious self promo doesn't work too well on here and usually ends up with you getting spammed the trololololol video a dozen or 9 times :P This is, for the most part, a lawless forum where the ranger, @lowendadmin, only drops in to blow the head off the really dumb ones.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Obvious self promo doesn't work too well on here

There's a saying about the 'pot calling the kettle black' which seems apropos here.

@BueVM - hang in there, you'll get accustomed to the BuyVM police.

• We've asked @LowEndAdmin for his opinion about self promotion but haven;t gotten any word back.....

@drmike said: We've asked @LowEndAdmin for his opinion about self promotion but haven;t gotten any word back.....

He rang in on a thread a while back but it went something like "I won't ban you over it, but it generally looks bad to do so"

@sleddog said: There's a saying about the 'pot calling the kettle black' which seems apropos here.

@BueVM - hang in there, you'll get accustomed to the BuyVM police.

We get called into threads way too many times to really be counted as self promo :P BlueVM already has a fairly large strike against them considering their site is feeling a lot more 'inspired' than we'd like :P There's a page+ of replies about that very subject already.

Francisco

• @Francisco: I know I'm the new guy here, but still its his choice if he wants to take a look at what we offer. I'm not trying to push my services on anyone, and I know your probably one of the largest players in the game, if not the largest... Don't worry though I understand how it feels to be out of stock :)

@sleddog: Thanks, I don't mean to push anyone or make anyone feel bad and I appreciate the support :) - Just the other day a guy asked for a KVM and I sent him over to BuyVM to see if they had stock, so I'm all for pushing people in the right direction...

• @Francisco said: He rang in on a thread a while back but it went something like "I won't ban you over it, but it generally looks bad to do so"

Would love a link because the closest thing I can find are these:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/15693#Comment_15693

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/15261#Comment_15261

The only real posting rule he's actually come out and stated is the referral links:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/10566#Comment_10566

Gone back through into October. Came up a few days ago as well which is why I;m wondering.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited January 2012

@Francisco said: We get called into threads way too many times to really be counted as self promo :P BlueVM already has a fairly large strike against them considering their site is feeling a lot more 'inspired' than we'd like :P There's a page+ of replies about that very subject already.

You and your buddy manipulate this forum at every opportunity to extol the virtues of BuyVM.

If BlueVM has committed sins then that's up to the forum moderator to address. Don't appoint yourself as forum police and use the opportunity to flash your sig in yet another thread.

Thanked by 1Heinz
  • @drmike: If he doesn't allow it, I'll definitely stop... but there isn't exactly a rules thread, unfortunately.

• Also one other thing, since we're kinda killing this guy's thread, can we make a new thread and continue this discussion there? I hate it when people kill my threads so just saying...

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Francisco said: BlueVM already has a fairly large strike against them considering their site is feeling a lot more 'inspired' than we'd like

At least your site @Francisco doesn't have as many typos as @BlueVM's does. :)

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@BlueVM said: but there isn't exactly a rules thread, unfortunately.

cough

edit: But yes it's rather short. One of the reasons why there's three pages of folks asking questions and pointing things out. :)

edited January 2012

@BlueVM said: @Francisco: I know I'm the new guy here, but still its his choice if he wants to take a look at what we offer. I'm not trying to push my services on anyone, and I know your probably one of the largest players in the game, if not the largest... Don't worry though I understand how it feels to be out of stock :)

@drmike - i'll hunt through LEA's posting history and see if I can find you where he wrote about it. I do remember seeing him write something along the 'hey, it doesnt look good' line, but never banished it.

@bluevm - I'm not picking on your plans or hell even screamed that the design is far too 'inspired' to be counted as that. I'm just saying that it's shunned upon :)
    You're still very green to the community so if you're wanting to long haul this, you should try to make friends/a decent name, not 'the guy that self was self promoing before his 10th post'

@sleddog How can me 'and my buddy' do it when we have countless people on here that brings us in on subjects and countless people from here join in our IRC channel? I'm not sure what you're so butt hurt over but you should go see a doctor about it.

Francisco

@drmike said: At least your site @Francisco doesn't have as many typos as @BlueVM's does. :)

Don't be hatin' on my frangrish maaaaan :D

Francisco

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Francisco said: i'll hunt through LEA's posting history and see if I can find you where he wrote about it. I do know I remember seeing him write something along the 'hey, it doesnt look good' line, but never banished it.

It's not a biggie. Just curious. If you haven;t guessed by now, when I answer something, I like to include reference links. I've been keeping an eye out for that since it's come up before.

I've said it before. I personally don;t have a problem with self promotion as long as it's valid self promotion and it;s not to the point of spam.

edit: But it is after all @LowEndAdmin's site.

ALL HAIL THE MOST POWERFUL @LOWENDADMIN! :)

(edit: Hmmmm, just noticed that you don;t have to do the camel case when it comes to using user names. That;s good to know.)

• @Francisco said: @sleddog How can me 'and my buddy' do it when we have countless people on here that brings us in on subjects and countless people from here join in our IRC channel? I'm not sure what you're so butt hurt over but you should go see a doctor about it.

And as my buddy says,"The first chance you get to fuck off, take it."

Cheers.

• Your buddy is a wise man. You should take his advice more often, instead of trying to crack shots at Fran just because you don't care for me :P

• @sleddog said: "The first chance you get to fuck off, take it."

Bazinga!

• @Aldryic said: Your buddy is a wise man. You should take his advice more often, instead of trying to crack shots at Fran just because you don't care for me :P

Covering your buddy's back I see. Such devotion, it's heartwarming.

• Oh come on, now you're not even trying. Or if you are, that's actually pretty sad; perhaps we should look into getting you some charity work.

If you've got something you'd like to say, feel free to go cry in a livejournal. If you actually want to do more than just hear yourself talk, feel free to start a new thread or joint-PM. Otherwise, kindly sit down and stop embarrassing yourself.

• @Aldryic said: Oh come on, now you're not even trying. Or if you are, that's actually pretty sad; perhaps we should look into getting you some charity work.

If you've got something you'd like to say, feel free to go cry in a livejournal. If you actually want to do more than just hear yourself talk, feel free to start a new thread or joint-PM. Otherwise, kindly sit down and stop embarrassing yourself.

Oh, you wrote all that for me? You must be bored. I guess your bumbuddy is out on a date tonight.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited January 2012

@sleddog said: You and your buddy manipulate this forum at every opportunity to extol the virtues of BuyVM.

Trully impressed. Because there's not a lot of people with courage to state something so obvious when you deal with manipulative master of puppets and his army of troll clones. Just like in manipulated eAthena community years ago.
    Not to mention nulled SolusVM with few changes packed as own control panel.

Thanked by 1mpkossen