Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS needed in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS needed in Europe

Hey everyone.

Have $/€25 budget with following requirements;

• 2 core cpu (4 preferred)
  • 8 GB ram
  • 200 HD at least (SSD preferred)
  • 1 Gbit/s connectivity

Any recommendations are highly welcome.

Cheers

Thanked by 1HostSailor

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

200GB SSD is going to be difficult, not impossible and someone may offer it. But more likely R10 SAS or SSC Cached, which should be fine for you.

• I recently did some LET assisted research on a similar idea!

NetCup fits the bill, somewhat. They have a 12GB server available for €18.99, notice that the storage is a drop down, so you can change the 60GB SSD for 480GB SAS.

I just picked up a 4GB special using SAS disks. It's pretty nippy.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • saf31saf31 Member

wishosting kvm hdd plus 2 may be, but connection is 250 mbps unmetered, not 1 gbps.
    https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you can swing your budget a bit get a slice :)

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

I'll spot you the 40GB extra space.

Francisco

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2017
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@ElliotJ said:
    I recently did some LET assisted research on a similar idea!

NetCup fits the bill, somewhat. They have a 12GB server available for €18.99, notice that the storage is a drop down, so you can change the 60GB SSD for 480GB SAS.

I just picked up a 4GB special using SAS disks. It's pretty nippy.

you can get that somewhat cheaper by using an old order-link, which isn't directly available on their page anymore: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1556
    there is also a 6GB version too: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1550

both become cheaper even if you go 6 or 12 months and of course grab a code from my sig for 5€ of your first order :-P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

Nice to see a realistic budget :)

I can offer you the following in the UK:

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share E5v4 CPU)
    8 GB Ram (DDR4)
    160 GB Disk space (8 Disk Raid 10 + 2 x 512GB SSD cachecade)
    5000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared - DDOS Protected)
    1 x IPv4 address 
    1 x /64 IPv6

ORDER LINK

PRICE: €24.00 p/month, that is the regular price, no coupon code needed.

Feel free to test the network yourself here: http://lg1.inceptionhosting.com

If the smaller disk is an issue I can bump you up to 200GB for €1.00

14 day refund period available, if it turns out not to be right for you then no problem.

• I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions.

So far NetCup 's offers seems to fit my budget and expectations.

Anyone has any experience with this provider?

• What about a Dedi?

• wishosting.com, combine 4 of their KVM SSD packages together for 20 usd/month, you'll get 4vCPU/8gb ram/240gb ssd.

@exception0x876

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

Ultravps.eu/providerservice has this in 23.49 Euro (if minus EU VAT)

4 CPU Cores, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD

EDIT: use my referral link to thank me https://www.providerservice.com/?pdid=OB585446575DO6331C64 ;)

then, visit https://www.providerservice.com/products/cloud-server/

This one gives NEW customers 15% discount for first 6 months.

maybe the first time I'm posting a referral link.

(I'd like to spend more at ultravps.eu.)

Thanked by 2Falzo UltraVPS
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2017

siyahcop said: Anyone has any experience with this provider?

I am using NetCup since serveral months now and have just decided yesterday to copy some of the more important stuff over to their service. Cannot complain about anything until now.

Thanked by 3Falzo bersy siyahcop
  • bluesegabluesega Member
    edited April 2017

If you don't use much bandwidth, Netcup is fine, but their bandwidth policy is really insane. You get a 1gbps port (shared), but you are not allowed to use more than 80mbit/s for like more than 60 minutes (note this isn't even 100mbit/s), or else it might get capped to ~10mbit/s. That's why I don't have a server there (also don't know how nice they peer with others), even though their good prices. If you need little bandwidth or don't use peak stuff for more than 60 minutes, it's fine.

Anyway, would recommend @Verelox for you, I'm sure they can do a good offer for your higher RAM need.
    (Also, if you want to use my affiliate when ordering, would be great :D
    https://cloud.verelox.com/register.php?aid=2172711996)

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • FalzoFalzo Member

bluesega said: Netcup is fine, but their bandwidth policy is really insane. You get a 1gbps port (shared), but you are not allowed to use more than 80mbit/s for like more than 60 minutes (note this isn't even 100mbit/s), or else it might get capped to ~10mbit/s.

which isn't like that anymore for quite some time. and it is worth noting, that never really was enforced other to get down on abusers.
    since october last year they clarified to offer at least 10TB bw included per month, before considering any limitation based on what have been said.

source: http://www.netcup-news.de/2016/10/10/root-server-generation-7-ueberarbeitet/ (sorry, only available in german)

• @racksx said: What about a Dedi?

Excellent observation. Intel Core i5-2500 3.30GHz, 16GB Ram, 500GB HD > http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-promotions

• bluesega said: you are not allowed to use more than 80mbit/s for like more than 60 minutes

So why not just limit your bandwidth to 80mbits and then abuse this rule ;D 80Mbits are still 864 GB/day x 30 days = 25920GB/month

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2017

Well, I used the port for 10 hours with an average of 500 Mbps, so the bandwidth cap does not seem to get enforced automatically. They probably activate it when they see that you are harming your neighbours.

//Edit: I just read @Falzo's link. That would indeed clarify why I could use the port that intensive for a longer period of time... So 10 TB on 1 Gbps and after consuming that, you will get limited if your traffic level stays at more than 80 Mbps.

The basic conditions of the traffic flat rate have also been improved. We provide unlimited 10 TB traffic per generation 7 SE server. If more traffic is consumed, a limitation occurs only if more than 80 MBit / s bandwidth has been used continuously over at least one hour. Even with a limitation, at least 10 Mbps bandwidth is available. We guarantee you a very good connection of the root servers with a lot of traffic volume.

• ucxoucxo Member

@siyahcop said:
    Anyone has any experience with this provider?

I've been with them since 2012 and had some really nasty problems with network latency (400+ ms for a week once) and disk throughput (I pay extra for SSD space, but the IO seek rate and throughput are the same as on my $5 HDD dedi from VortexNode).
    The 400 ms ping issue took more than a week to resolve: for several days, support claimed they weren't seeing anything in their monitoring, then suddenly switched their tube to "someone on your node was saturating the network link; we've throttled them now". That fixed it for a few months at least.
    Same with the disk issues: "we aren't seeing any problems in our monitoring, but we can move you to another node if you want" -- which at least got me from 30 MB/s to 80 MB/s or thereabouts.

Bottom line: I've already handed in a cancellation request, just waiting for the 12-month contract period to run out now...

I'm on mobile atm, but I can dig up my benchmarks later if necessary.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited April 2017

teamacc said: wishosting.com, combine 4 of their KVM SSD packages together for 20 usd/month, you'll get 4vCPU/8gb ram/240gb ssd.

I can definitely vouch for Michael and his company, but peronally I'd choose KVM HDD Plus II, instead of KVM SSD.

As you said for $20 OP can get 4vCPU (~7984 passmark score), 8GB of RAM and 240GB SSD, but for $18 he can also get 4CPU (~6384 passmark score), 16GB of RAM and 600GB of RAID-1 HDD.

If that's still not enough to choose from and you need little bit more CPU horsepower, there is even KVM HDD Limited package for $4. Buying five of them ($20 in total) will get you 5vCPU (~9650 passmark score), 10GB of RAM and 1000GB of RAID-5 HDD.

... and on top of that any of these packages don't come close to OP max budget, while other providers max it out or even ask for increasement. I don't think that any other provider can get you such specs for such amount of money, being at the same time so clear about the CPU and RAID.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@siyahcop said:

Hey everyone.

• 2 Cores
    • 8 GB ram
    • 200 GB SSD OpenVZ or KVM, XEN but not SSD
    • 1 Gbit/s connectivity
    • 24/7 Support
    • Bandwidth 4TB

Price: €25 / Month

If you are interested PM me and i will create the plan and send the order link, we can also discuss in private if you need more specs or less price but it depends on how many months, i can provide more for a long-term deal ;)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Still needed i see? I can offer you this in London, UK:

2 Cores

8 GB ram

200 GB PURE SSD OpenVZ

1 Gbit/s connectivity

Bandwidth 4TB

2 IP Adresses

Corero DDoS Protection

$25/m also

• Go with @AnthonySmith you will not be disappointed.