Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yandex mail - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yandex mail

Comments

• @UrDN

The .ua gives you away.

We know quite well how eeevil everything russian is for ukrostanis - who themselves bomb hospitals, schools, and kindergardens with their Nazi "soldiers" ...

Don't try your nazi games with me, ukro!

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited April 2017

@bsdguy said:
    @UrDN

The .ua gives you away.

We know quite well how eeevil everything russian is for ukrostanis - who themselves bomb hospitals, schools, and kindergardens with their Nazi "soldiers" ...

Don't try your nazi games with me, ukro!

That's another very primitive thinking, systematically placing someone who is critical towards the Russian government as a supporter of the Ukrainian one.

I don't have much more sympathy for the government of Ukraine than I have for the government of Russia or the United States of America.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @UrDN

Premise error. I don't care a rats ass what an ukro "thinks". And an ukro calling anyone on this planet "primitive" is just ridiculous. So, go ahead and amuse me urdn.com.nazi ...

• bsdguy said: We know quite well how eeevil everything russian is for ukrostanis - who themselves bomb hospitals, schools, and kindergardens with their Nazi "soldiers" ...

Interesting fact how many was killed by Russians in Crimea conflict? Zero. How many was killed between west and east-south conflict inside UA? Hundreds of thousands, that about question who are the spooler

• UrDNUrDN Member

@bsdguy said:
    @UrDN

Premise error. I don't care a rats ass what an ukro "thinks". And an ukro calling anyone on this planet "primitive" is just ridiculous. So, go ahead and amuse me urdn.com.nazi ...

I haven't called "anyone" primitive, I have called the thinking of people who write what you have written primitive.

Secondly, I am much more Russian than I am Ukrainian. But I guess the primitive thinking makes any Russian who criticizes the government a Ukrainian nazi.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @UrDN

No further attention, let alone response, deserved.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • UrDNUrDN Member

@bsdguy said:
    @UrDN

No further attention, let alone response, deserved.

Thank you. But that was easy imho.

• trnjtrnj Member

I use it for a very busy project. Honestly, I would rate it 3.5 stars from 5.
    SMTP is slow, if you access it from server outside Russia, speed is terrible.
    Lots of problems with smtp. Have to set some cron tasks to reload software.

New UI is a piece of web 2.0 shit. All versions of the UI suck.
    Thunderbird works shity with Yandex on large number of emails.

But it is free.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

Interesting, some Russian provider offer 1Gb KVM VPS in Switzerland for $3,95 Do someone tried them?

https://regvps.com/linux-vps/

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@comeback said:
    Hello,

I have several domain names and I am looking for a solution for the mails.

I looked at several solution and saw that yandex offers 1'000 accounts

I know the service is Russian, but what do you think?

Thank you for your help

Yandex are search engine first in the CIS.

I use yandex mail for domains.

Just example:

Very good function are:

There is a DKIM, SPF too. Avatar on email used gravatar.com.
    Cloud storage Yandex.Disk: 10GB. DNS hosting too.
    Service are free.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I use it and it is free ,so cannot complain!

• must i use their dns hosting to use domain email?

• r0xzr0xz Member

@nocker said:
    must i use their dns hosting to use domain email?

no - you just need to update your MX record

• @nocker said:
    must i use their dns hosting to use domain email?

You need just config MX record for your domain to use this email services.

• Already tried it but then moved out, they suspend my mail address in 24 hours just because i sent 3 emails to my own gmail account just to test.

• brian777 said: Already tried it but then moved out, they suspend my mail address in 24 hours just because i sent 3 emails to my own gmail account just to test.

My BS meter just hit the red line.

• @r0xz said:

no - you just need to update your MX record
    @tuanmanh said:

You need just config MX record for your domain to use this email services.

i have another problem, email sent is not on sent folder, but on inbox folder,,

• flopvflopv Member

Personally, I am using Yandex, i m happy with the services.

• wjtwjt Member

I've setup the mx record correctly, but when i tried sending email to/from the domain it fails.

While sending from yandex it will throw out error: invalid contact

While sending from my gmail to the yandex hosted email it will throw out 550 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

• @wjt said:
    I've setup the mx record correctly, but when i tried sending email to/from the domain it fails.

While sending from yandex it will throw out error: invalid contact

While sending from my gmail to the yandex hosted email it will throw out 550 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

Its propagating..

• wjtwjt Member

brian777 said: Its propagating

I was thinking it could be this issue. But i've setup many other domains on zoho and it was near instant.

If it was propagating, then it wouldn't have went past the verification stage and mx record confirmation stage.

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited April 2017

@sanvit said:
    Yandex.Mail is AWESOME! I was using it for a year. Only moved to GMail because some mails from my local providers were rejcted...(But the thing is, for some reasons, mails from our local providers to MXroute or other cP email services are also rejected, so it seems like our local provider's problem/If your going to use Y.Mail for Korea related use, don't)

I run my own mail server and had the same problem recently. It appears that some of the Korean IP ranges are listed in Barracuda which might have taken them from korea.services.net list. My best guess is that Gmail is using its own blacklist which is a lot more up to date.

Apr 10 15:21:54 vpsfr postfix/smtpd[11794]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from gw.daeseung.com[211.234.110.239]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [211.234.110.239] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; Client host blocked using Barracuda Reputation, see http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=211.234.110.239; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.daeseung.com>

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

@Makenai said:

@sanvit said:
    Yandex.Mail is AWESOME! I was using it for a year. Only moved to GMail because some mails from my local providers were rejcted...(But the thing is, for some reasons, mails from our local providers to MXroute or other cP email services are also rejected, so it seems like our local provider's problem/If your going to use Y.Mail for Korea related use, don't)

I run my own mail server and had the same problem recently. It appears that some of the Korean IP ranges are listed in Barracuda which might have taken them from korea.services.net list. My best guess is that Gmail is using its own blacklist which is a lot more up to date.

Apr 10 15:21:54 vpsfr postfix/smtpd[11794]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from gw.daeseung.com[211.234.110.239]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [211.234.110.239] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; Client host blocked using Barracuda Reputation, see http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=211.234.110.239; from=<[email protected]> to=<alberts@mydomain> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.daeseung.com>

When I was doing blocklist checks, I found that the whole KT AS was listed in a russian list. That seems to be the main problem. The thing is, some of Korean IPs are also blocked on SpamCop and some other spam filters(the main reason I had to let go of MXroute).

Google seems to care more of what's inside the email, not just the ip reputation. Some mails were sent correctly even without proper setting of DKIM and SPF records.

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • @wjt said:

brian777 said: Its propagating

I was thinking it could be this issue. But i've setup many other domains on zoho and it was near instant.

If it was propagating, then it wouldn't have went past the verification stage and mx record confirmation stage.

Its different, even my own mail server way faster than this, you can read many review out there, yandex take more time for this session.

Thanked by 1wjt
  • May be these troubles with send and delivery caused by bad made local spam blockers or black lists, incorrectly block legit emails and refuse without notification? Or just specific country haters?

• wjtwjt Member
    edited April 2017

Just to add, i tried sending and receiving with yandex' own email and it fails with the same error. Maybe i have missed the "verification" email, but they didn't even require secondary email on sign up. I have had a previously made email from a month ago, while i logged in, it locked me on pw reset, asking for my secret answer, in which it told me my secret answer failed. I have never failed a secret answer because it's always the same.

For the record, i've never been locked out of any email service, even if i don't actually had a number given to them.

zoho now requires number, and i've read that if you lose that number and there's a security check you'll never get it back.

After much deliberation, i've decided to not step foot on yandex ever again (not like i can use it to begin with), not even with their free email. And i'll also look elsewhere for a service that don't fuckin' check for nonsense security and requires number.

• @wjt said:
    Just to add, i tried sending and receiving with yandex' own email and it fails with the same error. Maybe i have missed the "verification" email, but they didn't even require secondary email on sign up. I have had a previously made email from a month ago, while i logged in, it locked me on pw reset, asking for my secret answer, in which it told me my secret answer failed. I have never failed a secret answer because it's always the same.

For the record, i've never been locked out of any email service, even if i don't actually had a number given to them.

zoho now requires number, and i've read that if you lose that number and there's a security check you'll never get it back.

After much deliberation, i've decided to not step foot on yandex ever again (not like i can use it to begin with), not even with their free email. And i'll also look elsewhere for a service that don't fuckin' check for nonsense security and requires number.

There is some good email provider here if you looking for paid one, just give them few bucks and you are good to go, or build your own mail server with a VPS, but to setup it properly it will require you to learn new things.

• ISPLevelISPLevel Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@sanvit said:

When I was doing blocklist checks, I found that the whole KT AS was listed in a russian list. That seems to be the main problem. The thing is, some of Korean IPs are also blocked on SpamCop and some other spam filters(the main reason I had to let go of MXroute).

Google seems to care more of what's inside the email, not just the ip reputation. Some mails were sent correctly even without proper setting of DKIM and SPF records.

I think the main problem is that almost all Russian mail services use a large number of blacklists together without analyzing the letter itself. This creates very large problems in the delivery of mails in the corporate segment.

• nockernocker Member
    edited April 2017

how much is yandex email quota?
    10gb?

• nocker said: how much is yandex email quota? 10gb?

Mail space unlimited, only disk have limitations.