Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feralhosting.com worth trying?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

feralhosting.com worth trying?

They offer 1T + 10 Gbit/s (Unlimited Traffic) at £10 /month.
Any review? worth trying?

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

Their 10 and 20 Gbps plans are Off the peak, meaning that the only time you will get even nearly that high speeds would be a few minutes somewhere at 3-4 am EU time.

As for the unlimited factor, if you abuse the port, you will get capped somewhere at 100Mbps. It works great if you need 10Gbps burst 2-5 times a month for 24-48 hours per time max. however if you wish to use it to setup a CDN wishing to maximize the port 24/7/31, you will be limited if not suspended.

Overall it's very good if you wish to setup a seedbox and maintain a ratio, which is in fact the market area they focus on. They even offer automated seedbox templates to make it easier for you to share those linux images in private trackers to maintain your ratio so you can download that big-ass gentoo image someday.

Thanked by 2mayli AXYZE
  • WSSWSS Member

Based upon the domain name, I'd avoid them because I'd assume they're ready for being partyvaned. However, they've got a Seedbox review that's nearly 5 years old, and it gave them an 80, for whatever that's worth.

Thanked by 1mayli
  • @WSS said:
    Based upon the domain name, I'd avoid them because I'd assume they're ready for being partyvaned. However, they've got a Seedbox review that's nearly 5 years old, and it gave them an 80, for whatever that's worth.

They were already raided with the what.cd shutdown and did not accept new orders for a few months.

https://torrentfreak.com/music-group-confirms-what-cd-raid-claims-millions-in-losses-161118/

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited April 2017

Argon, Krypton, Xenon and no TlhIngan

• WSSWSS Member

@johnnymatt said:
    Coincidence ?

Yeah. They've been around for 5 years, not 5 hours..

• @WSS I realized too late ou tried them.
    In fact i've changed the original msg :)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Check reviews on /r/seedboxes - lots of people complaining about them going downhill.

I opted for ultraseedbox.com recently and have been fairly happy, although the boxes seem to be a tad overloaded at times.

In the evening you can see loads spike as everyone is transcoding from their Plex setups. 24 core/48 thread E5 and the load is at like 60+.

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited April 2017

Feral is nice in the sense you need not worry about your bandwidth usage, however the overall network performance leaves a lot to be desired and a lot of the software is outdated.

I used feral for a lot of projects over a ~8 month period (before, during and after their clusterfuck) and for the price is was good enough, but I eventually left to use an Online.net server.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I've used both PulseMedia and RapidSeedbox...both have good reputation and I've had great service. I looked at feral but reviews were pretty mixed.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    I've used both PulseMedia and RapidSeedbox...both have good reputation and I've had great service. I looked at feral but reviews were pretty mixed.

Saw the PM seedbox review and got the Value 250 for testing; while the download speeds were great the upload was averaging around 300-500 KBps.

Pavin.

• TionTion Member

I wouldn't use a company which is in bed with torrent trackers.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Tion said: I wouldn't use a company which is in bed with torrent trackers.

What exactly are you referring to?

• Feral is alright, I have no problems hopping on a new freeleech pack and getting 200MB/s up/down. On average a TB upload every 2 days.

• I would probably stay away from them, just in case they delete their database again.

• TionTion Member

@raindog308 said:
    What exactly are you referring to?

The servers of the music tracker What.cd get confiscated by the police and feralhosting just happens to sit on the very same server so tell me how this could ever happen unless they share a bed.

• feralhosting is okay, but their slots vary a lot in terms of speed, interestingly.
    Even when ordering only HDD slots, the server you'll receive usually decides whether you can seed fast or not.

Would strongly recommend https://seedhost.eu - they offer the best seedboxes I've ever experienced. Even though they put like 30 users on one server (10gbps per server), you'll always get at least 50mb/s when seeding and peer in Europe. Leaseweb is powering these servers really good. Don't know how they do that.

Thanked by 1adamluk
  • Tion said: The servers of the music tracker What.cd get confiscated by the police and feralhosting just happens to sit on the very same server so tell me how this could ever happen unless they share a bed.

Shared hosting? There's plenty of reasons. How do you know you don't share an IP and resources of a site that's selling dead puppies?

• WSSWSS Member

@eastonch said:
    Shared hosting? There's plenty of reasons. How do you know you don't share an IP and resources of a site that's selling dead puppies?

How did you come to the decision that this is the perfect analogy and worst possible case?

I prefer Bonzai Kittens, myself..