Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registering .uk on OVH taking too long?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Registering .uk on OVH taking too long?

sanvitsanvit Member
edited April 2017 in Help

Does registering domain on OVH takes this long? I registered a .uk domain on OVH, and it wasn't registered. I tried again and it just took my £1.2. I've also written a support ticket, but no answer for more than 24 hours now...

Comments

• .uk will only work if you already own a .co.uk

• @Domin43 said:
    .uk will only work if you already own a .co.uk

Hmmm... Thay never told me that.... Maybe I'm just better off waiting for their support's reply.. Thanks!..

• TomTom Member

@Domin43 said:

Not fully true - you can register a .uk if the .co.uk isn't already registered OR if you own the .co.uk - this limit is lifted sometime in 2019.

As for the OP, I registered a .uk at OVH a few days ago and it was done in seconds.

• @Yoda said:

@Domin43 said:

Not fully true - you can register a .uk if the .co.uk isn't already registered OR if you own the .co.uk - this limit is lifted sometime in 2019.

As for the OP, I registered a .uk at OVH a few days ago and it was done in seconds.

Did a whois search, and the co.uk version of the domain isn't registered either... Maybe just a system bug..... :(

Thankyou for the reply!

• And you do know that OVH sale support is not open in the weekend? And even i the week they are not known for fast support.

• @myhken said:
    And you do know that OVH sale support is not open in the weekend? And even i the week they are not known for fast support.

Didn't know that... :( When I was using Online.net, ticket response time I got was always less then an hour so was looking forward to something like that... I guess I'll get an answer in the next 24H..?

• sanvit said: sanvit

They place your order to manual review. Now weekends, probably in Monday they send request to upload copy of your ID and utility bill for confirm your identify. If you pay from CC also pic of your CC

• @jenkki said:

sanvit said: sanvit

They place your order to manual review. Now weekends, probably in Monday they send request to upload copy of your ID and utility bill for confirm your identify. If you pay from CC also pic of your CC

Hmmm. They require all that just to get £1.2 from me?

• sanvit said: They require all that just to get £1.2 from me?

Yes.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@sanvit said:

@jenkki said:

Chargeback cost them about £35, so of course they don't want to lose £36.20 in case the card is stolen.

• teperteper Member

Registry requirement:

You will also need to indicate a .UK postal address (address located in Great Britain (GB), Guernsey (GG), Jersey (JE) or Isle of Man (IM))

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If you need it urgently, I can try registering it, setting DNS and pushing it later to you

• @Clouvider said:

@sanvit said:

@jenkki said:

Chargeback cost them about £35, so of course they don't want to lose £36.20 in case the card is stolen.

Never knew chargebacks were that expensive...

@teper said:
    Registry requirement:

You will also need to indicate a .UK postal address (address located in Great Britain (GB), Guernsey (GG), Jersey (JE) or Isle of Man (IM))

Thanks! But I already have a UK postal address :D

@Radi said:
    If you need it urgently, I can try registering it, setting DNS and pushing it later to you

Thankyou, but it's not urgent. I can wait a few days :)

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

If you don't have the .co.uk registered with the same registrar, they will have to name-check the WhoIS to make sure that you are entitled to register the .UK till that measure is lifted by Nominet at the start of 2018.