Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience with MyServerPlanet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Experience with MyServerPlanet

fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
edited April 2017 in Reviews

Hello,
So around 5 days ago we got a VPS at MyServerPlanet. 2 days ago, it went down.
We sent a million tickets and no one helped us whatsoever. According to them, there was some connectivity issue, and they were asking me to "hold on". After 10 hours "holding on" and no replies at all, I obviously decided to go back to my old provider.
So, overall, MyServerPlanet is a cheap but an extremely bad provider for anything slightly serious.
They have no support at all and, for me, the VPS went down for over 24h after almost no time using them -ps. yes, the VPS is still down as of today. I also asked them for a backup once I gave up thinking they were going to put the VPS online, but they never gave me one either.
I also sent a million PM's to the owner of that, @MSPNick, but I also got no response. Server down for 24h, and still no ticket response at all. Luckily I moved back to my old provider already. Not recommended whatsoever

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@fvsegarra said:
    Hello,
    So around 5 days ago we got a VPS at MyServerPlanet. 2 days ago, it went down.
    We sent a million tickets and no one helped us whatsoever. According to them, there was some connectivity issue, and they were asking me to "hold on". After 10 hours "holding on" and no replies at all, I obviously decided to go back to my old provider.
    So, overall, MyServerPlanet is a cheap but an extremely bad provider for anything slightly serious.
    They have no support at all and, for me, the VPS went down for over 24h after almost no time using them -ps. yes, the VPS is still down as of today.

Not recommended whatsoever

A million tickets you say? That might be your issue. A good way to get someone to put you at the back of the queue is to annoy them.

They even told you the issue meaning they are working on it... What more do you want?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • fvsegarrafvsegarra Member
    edited April 2017

Hello,
    No no. This started normally. One ticket, and after 8h or so, they stopped responding at all. Then I sent more tickets. In any case, I've tried serious providers and if your server goes down, they don't leave you alone for fucking 24h and without any fix at all.
    With a serious provider, they fix it fast or they nsync your VPS into another one. And they also provide support to you, apart from a fix.

No one partially decent would allow his VPS to be down for 24h and be fine with getting no replies form the support staff.

@fvsegarra said:
    Hello,
    No no. This started normally. One ticket, and after 8h or so, they stopped responding at all. Then I sent more tickets. In any case, I've tried serious providers and if your server goes down, they don't leave you alone for fucking 24h and without any fix at all.
    With a serious provider, they fix it fast or they nsync your VPS into another one. And they also provide support to you, apart from a fix.

No one partially decent would allow his VPS to be down for 24h and be fine with getting no replies form the support staff.

Do you think after 8h they might have had nothing left to say? Can you post all the tickets you sent?

Providers have issues from time to time, shit happens, plan accordingly.

edited April 2017

Okay, not even going to carry on talking to someone who is fine with his website being down for 8h and just assume that "shit happens". If you're serious enough you don't let your VPS be down for 8h and are fine with it + getting no support at all. Whatsmore, the VPS is still down after 24h of downtime. Also fine I guess.

I asked for a nsync to another VPS and it wasn't performed either, although it was possible, since even they said it was.

I posted my experience here. I got no support replies and my VPS went down for 24h (and still counting) after 3 days using their service. That's all I have to say. If that's bearable for you, then go ahead and buy their services.

@fvsegarra said:
    Okay, not even going to carry on talking to someone who is fine with his website being down for 8h and just assume that "shit happens". If you're serious enough you don't let your VPS be down for 8h and are fine with it + getting no support at all. Whatsmore, the VPS is still down after 24h of downtime. Also fine I guess.

I asked for a nsync to another VPS and nothing either.

I posted my experience here. I got no support replies and my VPS went down for 24h (and still counting) after 3 days using their service. That's all I have to say. If that's bearable for you, then go ahead and buy their services.

Actually all my sites fail over but we're not talking about set-ups here are we.

Could you please post all tickets relating to this?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@fvsegarra what SLA did you agree with them upon your purchase? ah... I see.

maybe host your important website over at onesite, heard they are running more serious business now and offer support around the clock for even free. :-P

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

fvsegarra said: sent a million tickets

They probably have been unable to bring your server back up because they're working through all those tickets and PMs.

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed nulldev
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

I would assume Nick was taking care of the situtaion or will. You just signed up in a time while they were probably having some problems? They're not a bad provider.

Just wait for his reply, i guarantee you there is an explanation

• fvsegarra said: I also sent a million PM's to the owner of that

Sounds like a good way to get your service cancelled.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Is this one of the £3 NAT servers that comes with no support or SLA?

• So, you're expecting some super-fast resolution; the likes you'd get off Amazon etc with bottomless pits of money off a provider that's clearly not as large. OK. No-one can expect a resolution like OVH when they employ hundreds of people, that's why you pay a premium. You're expecting a small provider to be able to resolve everything within a short period of time. May also be worth noting it's also a weekend.

Never had any issues with Nick previously, 24 hours isn't too bad especially if there's an SLA you'd get credited back any lost service.

edited April 2017

I know Nick is a good guy, indeed.
    We just needed something more professional than what we got, I gues.
    We're back to our old provider -paying that premium is worth it

@fvsegarra Is this one of the £3 NAT servers that comes with no support or SLA?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
    edited April 2017

I don't think so.
    We arranged everything via MP. I was looking for a VPS with unbranded WHMCS.
    I did want support for sure, he never mentioned anything about not providing me any support. In fact, he did help me out to migrate days before, so I guess it's the VPS with support incl

• @fvsegarra said:
    I don't think so.
    We arranged everything via MP. I was looking for a VPS with unbranded WHMCS.
    I did want support for sure, he never mentioned anything about not providing me any support. In fact, he did help me out to migrate days before, so I guess it's the VPS with support incl

What do you mean you don't think so? You don't know how much you're paying and for what?

fvsegarra said: I don't think so. We arranged everything via MP. I was looking for a VPS with unbranded WHMCS. I did want support for sure, he never mentioned anything about not providing me any support. In fact, he did help me out to migrate days before, so I guess it's the VPS with support incl

Sorry I should have been more clear, is its a £3.00 p/YEAR service was what I meant.

Given that you wanted WHMCS I think we can rule that out :)

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited April 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

fvsegarra said: I don't think so. We arranged everything via MP. I was looking for a VPS with unbranded WHMCS. I did want support for sure, he never mentioned anything about not providing me any support. In fact, he did help me out to migrate days before, so I guess it's the VPS with support incl

Sorry I should have been more clear, is its a £3.00 p/YEAR service was what I meant.

Given that you wanted WHMCS I think we can rule that out :)

He thinks so.

On a ligher note, 8 hours of downtime is a lot, and I've faced the same. It's bad for business and you shouldn't stick with providers with less than 99.99% uptime.

• Then it clearly wasn't that service, as our VPS was more expensive than that and it was billed monthly

varunchopra said: On a ligher note, 8 hours of downtime is a lot, and I've faced the same. It's bad for business and you shouldn't stick with providers with less than 99.99% uptime.

Yep it deffinatley is a lot, I was just trying to make sure this was not someone expecting 24x7 hands on fast responses and full support for an LES style product which Nick has, and that seems not to be the case.

• To be precise, we were paying £18.88/mo and we got the unbranded whmcs license and the vps with: 50GB HDD, 4GB RAM etc. It seemed a good deal. I do get that for that price I cannot expect something exceptional. However, I wasn't expecting my VPS to be down for already +30h and almost no support nor intention to bring it up/do a nsync to another VPS. That's why I decided to leave :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • LeeLee Veteran

trewq said: Can you post all the tickets you sent?

This, let's see the tickets you sent.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@fvsegarra said:
    To be precise, we were paying £18.88/mo and we got the unbranded whmcs license and the vps with: 50GB HDD, 4GB RAM etc. It seemed a good deal. I do get that for that price I cannot expect something exceptional. However, I wasn't expecting my VPS to be down for already +30h and almost no support nor intention to bring it up/do a nsync to another VPS. That's why I decided to leave :)

That's a very small amount to pay for a server, let alone server with a WHMCS license. If you are expecting quality you really need to up it a lot.

• Clouvider said: That's a very small amount to pay for a server, yet alone server with a WHMCS license. If you are expecting quality you really need to up it a lot.

This, reckon you'd pay at least double for a rock solid uptime.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • LeeLee Veteran

MyServerPlanet's managed services come with RAID 0 by default

Okay then...

Thanked by 2Clouvider nulldev
  • fvsegarra said: around 5 days ago we got a VPS at MyServerPlanet. 2 days ago

Probably because now weekends, they may not operate in weekends like a most of Europe. Try to await Monday.

• LeeLee Veteran

jenkki said: Probably because now weekends, they may not operate in weekends like a most of Europe. Try to await Monday.

For sales that's fine, for technical issues, allegedly at their side no.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

Lee said: For sales that's fine, for technical issues, allegedly at their side no.

They also depends DC working hours and ability to fix troubles at the time. Most 24/7 technical supports advertised just fake, they have regular working hours and weekends

• LeeLee Veteran

jenkki said: They also depends DC working hours and ability to fix troubles at the time.

No.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

Sole owner can control situation around the clock, and send responses quickly asap, registered business - no (not talking about all of them)

• BopieBopie Member

@jenkki said:

Lee said: For sales that's fine, for technical issues, allegedly at their side no.

They also depends DC working hours and ability to fix troubles at the time. Most 24/7 technical supports advertised just fake, they have regular working hours and weekends

I can tell you now that nick has access 24/7 to the DC :) he seems swamped right now as he is normal;ly quick to respond to stuff like this, maybe there is something really messed up i dont know

This discussion has been closed.