Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be more likely to buy from us if we had a landing page/website?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be more likely to buy from us if we had a landing page/website?

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
edited June 2013 in Providers

Hello everyone,

So this is something that has been bugging me for a while. Would you be more likely to order from us if we had a landing page/website? Currently we just have stock WHMCS with a couple of template modifications.

We are still have a website in development but it's not the top priority at the moment.

Any thoughts you have on this would be nice!

Brendan

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

All depends on who you are and how well I know you through posting here, ultimately though a bit more info and a sense of identity would help you overall

• RurikoRuriko Member

A professional business must have a website with basic information

• DavidxDavidx Member

Probably. I like companies that have websites. I usually don't read all the information though. Maybe just a one pager design with information split?

Who are you guys anyways? < what comes to my mind.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited June 2013

@Ruriko said:
    A professional business must have a website with basic information

I am very much aware of this and will be putting up a nice landing page tomorrow.

@David_P said:
    Probably. I like companies that have websites. I usually don't read all the information though. Maybe just a one pager design with information split?

Who are you guys anyways? < what comes to my mind.

Will have one up tomorrow. I'll do a nice little writeup :)

• I think most people here wouldn't see your lack of a website as a bad thing as you post around LET regularly and people see you outside of your offer threads, can get a feel just through looking at your posts.

If you wanted to branch outside of LET (the great satanWHT, for example) you'd definitely want at least a simple page describing who/what/where as it relates to your company.

edited June 2013

@ihatetonyy said:
    I think most people here wouldn't see your lack of a website as a bad thing as you post around LET regularly and people see you outside of your offer threads, can get a feel just through looking at your posts.

If you wanted to branch outside of LET (the great satanWHT, for example) you'd definitely want at least a simple page describing who/what/where as it relates to your company.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm making a landing page at the moment and it will be implemented when WHMCS gets moved to a new server during the next week.

I may even dabble into WHMCS theme integration :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

"They don't even have a website, just plunked some generic WHMCS and called it a day", how does that sound to you. Certainly not an indication that you are a serious company or in this business for a long term. The website does not even have to be anything out of the ordinary (e.g. I see no problem with companies using a free/stock template out of the public galleries, if it's convenient and clean-looking), but it has to exist.

@rm_ said:
    "They don't even have a website, just plunked some generic WHMCS and called it a day", how does that sound to you. Certainly not an indication that you are a serious company or in this business for a long term. The website does not even have to be anything out of the ordinary (e.g. I see no problem with companies using a free/stock template out of the public galleries, if it's convenient and clean-looking), but it has to exist.

Honestly I get where you're coming from and appreciate the feedback. I had planned to release a website the day after launch but I was more focused on optimising the nodes and helping out our clients. This is still the case today however I have allocated time to get a nice landing page up that has all the information you could want.

• Honest first impressions? WHMCS-only comes across as very amateurish. A host that can't put even a little bit of time/effort/money into their own website doesn't fill me with confidence.

@SegmentationFault said:
    Honest first impressions? WHMCS-only comes across as very amateurish. A host that can't put even a little bit of time/effort/money into their own website doesn't fill me with confidence.

Thank you for your honesty. We put quite a bit of money towards a website but unfortunately the end result was not up to the acceptable standard so it is now sitting here on my laptop unused.

I will be putting up a nice page or two tomorrow.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

For me, a nice page would be good. But since I already have 2 VPS with you, I know your service is really good and would buy more.

If I were a new customer that came across you on google, I would have left immediately without a proper front page.

@bcrlsn said:
    For me, a nice page would be good. But since I already have 2 VPS with you, I know your service is really good and would buy more.

If I were a new customer that came across you on google, I would have left immediately without a proper front page.

I appreciate your business! We actually get quite a few orders coming from google which is interesting.

• yes it would be good to have a bit more info. the link in your signature takes you to the dallas vps page, which shows 0 stock. it wasn't apparent from the wmchs that you did phoenix until i clicked the 'another category' link. you do need a bit more info, especially about your 2 locations, and an about you page

• I would never buy anything off a 'company' (not saying you are not a real company) without a proper website, it just shouts kid host to me.

@asterisk14 said:
    yes it would be good to have a bit more info. the link in your signature takes you to the dallas vps page, which shows 0 stock. it wasn't apparent from the wmchs that you did phoenix until i clicked the 'another category' link. you do need a bit more info, especially about your 2 locations, and an about you page

Thanks, I'll make it go to our Phoenix stock until tomorrow.

@Jono20201 said:
    I would never buy anything off a 'company' (not saying you are not a real company) without a proper website, it just shouts kid host to me.

Technically we are not a company but a business. I get what you are saying though. Hopefully the new site that I will be implementing tomorrow will work out well.

• Even though your products or whatever you sell, don't require additional description or explanation, I would, much more likely, purchase anything from you when I would be able to read a description or view a photo on your website.

@ModulesGarden said:
    Even though your products or whatever you sell, don't require additional description or explanation, I would, much more likely, purchase anything from you when I would be able to read a description or view a photo on your website.

Completely understandable. Thanks for the input!

Ok, thanks everyone! I think I have what I need. All of your feedback will be acted on. I didn't realise that it was a major turn off for so many. When I am buying a service it's normally about the pre-sales communication (which I almost always do).

Again thank you everyone for your input!

• IshaqIshaq Member

Do you want to know the truth?

I was going to buy until I got rushed onto WHMCS.

/instanttabclose

@Ishaq said:
    Do you want to know the truth?

I was going to buy until I got rushed onto WHMCS.

/instanttabclose

That's the sort of response I was looking for. I'm currently developing a nice landing page with a good amount of info on it.

• ztecztec Member

You will not find your answer here, I can tell you that.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

Could use something free and simple like http://html5up.net/

• earlearl Member

I think what counts most is the value of the offer and the reputation of the person selling it.. if the price is right and all the pertinent info is clearly displayed I don't think that a lack of a webpage would alter my decision..

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2013

I've always liked how bitcable.com does it. (Though if you don't have a parent company the 'About' should be expanded.)

I agree with @Ishaq about instant close. Taking the user directly into a shopping cart is too reminiscent of a summer host.

Show your visitors that you've put some time and thought into creating a web presence to welcome them. Be original (like bitcable). It doesn't have to be extensive or elaborate (sometimes, less is more).

And for god's sake don't use a free webhost template :)

• @trewq I think providers should do simple landing pages with introductions to the people + plans done in responsive design

Simple here is who you're talking to first name would go a long way imho

• Yes it important to have a site and who knows you might even see more customers from organic SEO if you do a good job. We went from a default WHMCS install to a full featured site two years ago and saw over 1400% growth.

• EvoEvo Member

Same as @Ishaq

• For a lot of the "population" a website is a great thing. (They want to see you say you're better than the rest because they're derps)

Personally I think it's good to have some sort of introduction ("Run by australians with servers in Dallas blablabla" kinda stuff) if nothing else, I like to see a little blurb on the employees.

One thing I'd say for a website is people without it are kinda like those running a nulled WHMCS - if you can't afford some cheapo pre-made template for your "company" why should I pay you?

• Also a faster website...

Shouldn't take a customer 1 minute to load the order page!

• I used to be one of your clients and pulled out because your server sucked.
    It doesn't matter what your site looks like, if you provide a good "Service", who cares, I'd rather see what's in the box than the outside, decoration, etc.

@MorningIris said:
    I used to be one of your clients and pulled out because your server sucked.
    It doesn't matter what your site looks like, if you provide a good "Service", who cares, I'd rather see what's in the box than the outside, decoration, etc.

We have never had a complaint about our services and get good reviews constantly. Did you submit a ticket about your problems?