Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help to choosing a control panel for server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help to choosing a control panel for server

OldkyOldky Member

Hello
:
Which one cp is less heavy for vultr vps :

CPU:
2 vCore
RAM:
4096 MB
Storage:
60 GB SSD

I need for my website with 15-20 k visits daily

Comments

• A control panel for what?

• OldkyOldky Member

@varunchopra said:
    A control panel for what?

for vps , described in thread above :)

• VestaCP is good.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • VitaVita Member
    edited April 2017

Ajenti may be good for managing the whole server, and websites. Vesta is also a good choice.

• WSSWSS Member

It'd actually help to know what your intentions are for this setup. Any CP can do most functions, but they don't all do it perfectly, and some do functions substandardly compared to others.

• vestacp support is very bad

• lazytlazyt Member

Webmin

• Jorbox said: vestacp support is very bad

Well is not as bad if you know how to manage a web server without a control panel to begin with, you will need to have some linux skills to not depend on a community and fix your issues by yourself.

• @rivermique,

Support is different think user knowledge.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • No panel is the best panel

• @robohost said:
    No panel is the best panel

You mean 'no panel' is using something like 'Centmin Mod' or create from the scratch?.

• @mustafaramadhan said:

@robohost said:

You mean 'no panel' is using something like 'Centmin Mod' or create from the scratch?.

Just some apache/nginx as he not stated many domain/website and need less overhead

• bt.cn

• @robohost said:

@mustafaramadhan said:

@robohost said:

Just some apache/nginx as he not stated many domain/website and need less overhead

Do you know where Kloxo-MR 7.0 only using 11MB RAM for running their panel services?.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • @mustafaramadhan said:

@robohost said:

@mustafaramadhan said:

@robohost said:

Do you know where Kloxo-MR 7.0 only using 11MB RAM for running their panel services?.

It's been a while since i use kloxo-MR :D

• Kloxo-MR 6.5 use more memory usage rather than 7.0.

• @Oldky said:

@varunchopra said:
    A control panel for what?

for vps , described in thread above :)

Since you said vps control panel and not a web control panel, I suggest using Ajenti. It's light and performs well.

• Cpanel. :p

• OldkyOldky Member

Thank you all for your responses so far. (y)

I have 5 websites which i want to host on this VPS. But only one of them is most visited with 15-20k daily.

I tried to install Plesk which already use in advance on another server. Plesk think it's a little "weird" when I installed on vultr last night, vps showed in Plesk display total 3300 MB RAM but I have 4096MB.

So i want to use every MB of my 4096MB.

• If you use every MB of your VPS... you won't be actually able to use it anyways. :lol:

• FalzoFalzo Member

Oldky said: vps showed in Plesk display total 3300 MB RAM but I have 4096MB.

>

really? because plesk seems to show one wrong reading/number, you won't use it while normally being comfortable with it? hmm...

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

Webmin for server+Virtualmin for sites (just install Virtualmin and it includes webmin)

The naming is 'backwards' because one product is older than the other. :D

• OldkyOldky Member

@Falzo said:

Oldky said: vps showed in Plesk display total 3300 MB RAM but I have 4096MB.

>

really? because plesk seems to show one wrong reading/number, you won't use it while normally being comfortable with it? hmm...

I have had so far few servers installed with Plesk and it never showed it less. I tried to install again Plesk and same.

Would you pay something and get less than what you should have?

• Consider ISPConfig. Open Source and you can control all your VPS servers around the world with one control panel. Good support on their forum as well.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • FalzoFalzo Member

Oldky said: Would you pay something and get less than what you should have?

you didn't get my point, did you?

after all it sounds like you blame plesk for not using all memory, which most likely just isn't the case.

did you take a look via SSH what memory is shown with a usual command like 'free -m' after all?

plesk either reveals that you are given less RAM on your vps in first place or the way plesks gets this number from your system is somewhat wrong (doubt that).

either way you should verify on your system itself, how much memory you got...

if you don't see the whole 4 GB your provider is to blame and another panel won't help you with that. or if you see the whole 4GB and plesk simply doesn't display it correctly you can go along, as plesk doesn't do anything about the RAM itself other then showing some values.

Thanked by 1xaoc