Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Looking For] Hosting Provider With Minimum 50GB SSD Based Space Preferably Located In India
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Looking For] Hosting Provider With Minimum 50GB SSD Based Space Preferably Located In India

LET_mejoinLET_mejoin Member
edited April 2017 in Providers

Budget: $50-85 a year.

Just going to host single domain but no limits on email accounts like i see on some providers.

Other requirements:

• Located in India or have low latency from india.
  • Offsite Backups would be nice.
  • Responsive 24x7 Support

MilesWeb seemed like a good option from their offer on WHT but i after seeing how they have been banned because of shilling here, i can't trust their reviews.

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Actually I want to add server in India and sell it at $5/mo or less but most of datacenter provide to much low bandwidth like 100GB. lol..

If you only want to host your domain and no any other use then purchase shared hosting however If you still want to buy only VPS at affordable price then look at any HK, Singapore or even European VPS provider because of ping speed from HK, Singapore or most of EU country like UK is low and acceptable.

• Digitalocean india, smallest plan at 5usd/month + 30gb of ssd block storage at 3 usd/month, works out to 96 usd/year.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

Ehh SSD, if SSD is not the major requirement then let me know, India VPS

EDIT:
    We do not offer 24x7 support. Ticket replies does take some time.

• Is it vps or shared hosting, that you looking for?

• Your best bet is DO.

• Try s VPS in FR, DE or UK. You can get it for cheap and reasonable ping (from Mumbai, at least). DO is not quite responsive. Have a VPS with Quadhost Pune but looking to move off that due to downtime.

• @BlaZe: Which DC?

• @Junkless said:
    Is it vps or shared hosting, that you looking for?

Should have made this more clear, I am looking for Shared Hosting.

• DC location in india isn't crucial, but it'd be nice.

What's more important is 50GB or more of space and fast reliable support either available 24x7 or during indian business hours.

• For 1 site, do you really need 50 GB disk? If yes, then you sure shared hosting is sufficient for the site?

• @Junkless

Well, his budget isn't far off if he wants a VPS...

• LET_mejoin said: LET_mejoin

http://ideastack.com/

$5 per month but less disk or $10 with 50Gb

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • @teamacc said:
    Digitalocean india, smallest plan at 5usd/month + 30gb of ssd block storage at 3 usd/month, works out to 96 usd/year.

Indian location don't have block storage not yet

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2017

@simonindia said:
    Indian location don't have block storage not yet

Azure does... though I'm not sure of the cost implications

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • LeapSwitch is 2x cost of DO for VPS.

• @jenkki said:
    http://ideastack.com/

$5 per month but less disk or $10 with 50Gb

Had a live chat with them, plans upto $15 are OpenVZ and their DC is in Rabale. Don't see any positive reviews for them, though ... so buyer beware.

• Try e2enetworks

• Most Indian hosts are shit, and I can speak from experience.

Your best bet is to get shared hosting anywhere you can, get a CDN, and hire an Indian to manage it for you for support.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • @redalertrox: looks interesting, they called within minutes of sign-up. The hourly billing makes it easy to try it out.

• @advarisk said:
    @redalertrox: looks interesting, they called within minutes of sign-up. The hourly billing makes it easy to try it out.

Yes, I've used to Control panel is not quite user friendly but gets the work done.

• LET_mejoinLET_mejoin Member
    edited April 2017

ServerHub's shared hosting seems like good option, their plans are well under my budget and the pings to their Dallas DC arent too bad.
    http://serverhub.com/web-hosting

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited April 2017

From Mumbai, pings to Europe are much lesser (~ 130-150 ms) vs anywhere in the US or even Singapore (~ 200 ms). Try the EU location of BuyShared from @Francisco, but support is hit and miss from what I've read over here.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@varunchopra said:
    Most Indian hosts are shit, and I can speak from experience.

Your best bet is to get shared hosting anywhere you can, get a CDN, and hire an Indian to manage it for you for support.

100% Agree, Please also teach others who want to live in dreams like Kushal who is maybe still living in a dream that Indian company are good.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@advarisk said:
    LeapSwitch is 2x cost of DO for VPS.,

We focus primarily on Managed VPSes where backups, monitoring, 24x7 Phone/chat/ticket support is included. However, our pricing is not for everyone.

If your primary usage is email, can I tempt you to look at our Business Email Hosting plans ? http://leapswitch.com/email-hosting/ . We can work on pricing, features are comparable to Exchange, backups are off-server daily for 30 days. I can throw in a free shared hosting account for your website if you buy the email package. Email and Shared hosting will both be in our Pune DC.

@DewlanceVPS said:

@varunchopra said:

100% Agree, Please also teach others who want to live in dreams like Kushal who is maybe still living in a dream that Indian company are good.

We have had 99.97% + network uptime in last 12 months. Some of our nodes are at 1000+ day uptimes. Patches are delivered through KernelCare. Drives are replaced without downtime (Hotswap). Zabbix, Nodewatch and 24x7 monitoring team takes care of abusive VPS.

It is not difficult to provide excellent services in India or anywhere else, you just need to make sure you don't go bottom of the barrel with pricing.

• @leapswitch said:

@advarisk said:

We focus primarily on Managed VPSes where backups, monitoring, 24x7 Phone/chat/ticket support is included. However, our pricing is not for everyone.

If your primary usage is email, can I tempt you to look at our Business Email Hosting plans ? http://leapswitch.com/email-hosting/ . We can work on pricing, features are comparable to Exchange, backups are off-server daily for 30 days. I can throw in a free shared hosting account for your website if you buy the email package. Email and Shared hosting will both be in our Pune DC.

I'm not the OP, I was looking for a VPS earlier this month (I'm pretty sure it was same DC, was using the QuadHost Pune location) but lucked out in the OneProvider dedi promo so using that now. Although the latency is not as good (~130ms vs ~15ms earlier), can't complain for the price.

@advarisk said:

@leapswitch said:

@advarisk said:

I'm not the OP, I was looking for a VPS earlier this month (I'm pretty sure it was same DC, was using the QuadHost Pune location) but lucked out in the OneProvider dedi promo so using that now. Although the latency is not as good (~130ms vs ~15ms earlier), can't complain for the price.

Oops , sorry . My mistake going directly to the first @leapswitch mention

@LET_mejoin said:

Budget: $50-85 a year.

Just going to host single domain but no limits on email accounts like i see on some providers.

Other requirements:

• Located in India or have low latency from india.
    • Offsite Backups would be nice.
    • Responsive 24x7 Support

MilesWeb seemed like a good option from their offer on WHT but i after seeing how they have been banned because of shilling here, i can't trust their reviews.

Support is 24x7 via Phone, Chat, Email/Ticket.

• @DewlanceVPS said:

@varunchopra said:

While I don't disagree that most Indian hosts are shit, I certainly hope that changes over time (speaking as an Indian). I was pleasantly surprised with e2enetworks referred by @redalertrox -- hourly billing, OpenNebula / Xen, decent hardware and network for the price -- was expecting shitty OpenVZ with pathetic hardware/network, like most other hosts. Plan to keep an idler VPS to see how it works out before committing to it...

Thanked by 1Junkless