Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which dedi provider is suitable for shared hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which dedi provider is suitable for shared hosting?

jetchiragjetchirag Member
edited April 2017 in General

I was initially planning to go for OVH but read on forum that they are not suitable for providing shared hosting as they have strict policy. Which provide will be good for this purpose i.e. reliable? On OVH, 32 gb and ssd one costing around 81/m. Any other provider which similar specs on same pricing?

P.S. I'm planning so will buy in around 5 or more upcoming months

Comments

• You should be able to get a good E3 with 120G ssd in the $40's per month if you look really deep in the offers here.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We're happy to help in London and we're a great partner to build with.

Let me know if interested, we can work something out on the pricing.

• you cant go wrong with @clouvider if you London suits your needs.

For USA @qps, reliablesite etc are good options.

Thanked by 1qps
  • WSSWSS Member

It doesn't help at all to know your platform, traffic patterns, or ideals going forward- so don't bother to mention them.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2017

OVH

With proper security practices, you can reduce abuse paths to minimum on a shared hosting server.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Radi said: With proper security practices, you can reduce abuse paths to minimum on a shared hosting server.

OVH can get you in trouble in case of hacking or bulk mailing by one of your users.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited April 2017

@jetchirag said:
    I was initially planning to go for OVH but read on forum that they are not suitable for providing shared hosting as they have strict policy. Which provide will be good for this purpose i.e. reliable? On OVH, 32 gb and ssd one costing around 81/m. Any other provider which similar specs on same pricing?

P.S. I'm planning so will buy in around 5 or more upcoming months

If you know what you're doing and properly configure services and lock the server down, you've got nothing to worry about.

I have had multiple production servers with OVH for a few years now, and have luckily never had to be at the receiving end of emails from their abuse team.

• i heard amazon web services is pretty good

• @reetwood said:
    i heard amazon web services is pretty good

It's not a dedi neither under my budget :P Anyways, am already working on it

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Reetwood you spamming ;)

• Hetzner all the way, trust me

• Jorbox said: Hetzner

I asked one of my mate and this...
    Intel® Core™ i7-4770
    Quad-Core Haswell
    incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
    RAM32 GB DDR3 RAMHard Drive2 x 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD

is really amazing at $59 and it's offering free setup. Got any idea if free setup is forever or limited?

• @jetchirag said:

Jorbox said: Hetzner

I asked one of my mate and this...
    Intel® Core™ i7-4770
    Quad-Core Haswell
    RAM32 GB DDR3 RAMHard Drive2 x 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD

is really amazing at $59 and it's offering free setup. Got any idea if free setup is forever or limited?

The server you are talking about is very old
    Pay some setup fees to get brand new server, I have this one https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex41ssd

Intel® Core™ i7-6700
    Quad-Core Skylake
    RAM32 GB DDR4 RAMHard Drive2 x 500 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
    (Software-RAID 1)Connection 1 Gbit/s-PortGuaranteed Bandwidth 1 Gbit/sBackup Space100 GBInclusive Traffic30 TB

Its incredibly speed, I host 70 cpanel account and more than 100k visitors and the server load is 0.3/8

It costs me

39€ for the server
    25€ for cpanel
    13€ for cloudlinux
    2€ for auto script installer

All = 79£ monthly

But it deserves the money, this server can handle 10k cpanel account easily

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited April 2017

Drives are ssd, right? @Jorbox
    Edit: Yes, I checked. It looks really amazing. A big thank for pointing me to it.

• @jetchirag said:
    Drives are ssd, right? @Jorbox

Yes sure, 1TB ssd, + 100gb network disk for backups

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

Limestone Networks currently has some deals. I've picked up a half a dozen 1230v1 32GB RAM & 2TB HDD with their Max DDoS protection (500Gbps) for $65.

• sinsin Member

If it were me I would make sure to go with a provider who has excellent support so if you have any issues with your Shared Hosting venture then you'll know you have someone to turn to.

• @sin said:
    If it were me I would make sure to go with a provider who has excellent support so if you have any issues with your Shared Hosting venture then you'll know you have someone to turn to.

If you want excellent support forgot about Ovh, soyoustart, kimsufi

• @Jorbox said:

@sin said:

How's support of hetzner?

• @jetchirag said:

@Jorbox said:

@sin said:

How's support of hetzner?

I don't expect much from budget providers
    But until now they are better than ovh + online.net, because I tried them all.

• rumi4rumi4 Member

You can try oneprovider. They have promo.