Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• Anyone was abble to change Raid settings from panel ?

• xNEOxNEO Member
    edited April 2017

@Ponury_Typ said:
    Anyone was abble to change Raid settings from panel ?

The Raid setting is NOT working for me, once I change it, the server login credentials are modified then not able to login via ssh. Dia you have the same issue?

• Same thing over hire, i will try to reinstall system.

• driveldrivel Member
    edited April 2017

@Ponury_Typ said:

Yes, I can change RAID setting from panel. RAID 0/1 could be chosen freely, and it takes approximately 10 minutes.

Somehow, after I changed RAID from 1 to 0, CentOS went something totally wrong, reinstallation solved the problem.

BTW: I got an HP model other than Dell one.

• xNEOxNEO Member

@Ponury_Typ said:
    Same thing over hire, i will try to reinstall system.

Reinstall only let you be able to login OS, wouldn't fix the issue, i have try once.

• lurchlurch Member

@maldovia said:
    note: don't install debian 8 either...

Damn, why?

• No debian 8 AND ubuntu 16.04?

Weird!

Those two were my options since proxmox isn't worth it with lower amounts of RAM

Thanked by 1netomx
  • S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@drivel said:

@Ponury_Typ said:

Yes, I can change RAID setting from panel. RAID 0/1 could be chosen freely, and it takes approximately 10 minutes.

Somehow, after I changed RAID from 1 to 0, CentOS went something totally wrong, reinstallation solved the problem.

BTW: I got a HP model other than Dell one.

It took about 20 minutes for me, and then I had to reinstall.

I didn't mind the reinstallation, as I was actually going to do it anyway.

• @vimalware you can always run everything in containters, then 4GB RAM aint that a big issue.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Ponury_Typ said:
    @vimalware you can always run everything in containters, then 4GB RAM aint that a big issue.

Think he meant the Proxmox overhead wasn't really worth it. Generally 500-700MB-ish at idle, so takes a good chunk out of your 4GB.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • SyerateSyerate Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:
    No debian 8 AND ubuntu 16.04?

Weird!

Those two were my options since proxmox isn't worth it with lower amounts of RAM

What do you mean? I was able to reinstall my server to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit without issues

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Syerate said:
    What do you mean? I was able to reinstall my server to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit without issues

Haven't received my delivery email yet.
    It's possible that I might be from an 'undesirable' country from a fraud probability perspective, even with a verified PayPal.

Waiting and watching...

• vimalware said: Haven't received my delivery email yet.

It's possible that I might be from an 'undesirable' country from a fraud probability perspective, even with a verified PayPal.

Waiting and watching...

Same here and I am from U.S. so probably not a country thing.

• @AuroraZ said:

vimalware said: Haven't received my delivery email yet.

Waiting and watching...

Same here and I am from U.S. so probably not a country thing.

My server was delivered but I didn't recieve any email from them... Check your account!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sanvit said: My server was delivered but I didn't recieve any email from them... Check your account!

I have been and still nothing yet. Ordered and verified on the 4th at 8pm. It will be fine I am sure, just waiting is all.

• Nil deliveroo here either but I'm in no rush. I'm a DelimiterVPS customer so waiting is something I'm well trained for.

Thanked by 3vimalware ucxo netomx
  • xNEOxNEO Member

@Ponury_Typ said:

Reinstall with centos 7 solved my problem, raid0 is working as expected right now.

• @maldovia said:
    Note: DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT INSTALL UBUNTU 16.04 LTS. This will cause it to never finish installing and you will have to open a support ticket. Use 14.04 LTS or Debian 8.

I wish I had known this earlier, does 14.04 work with self install?

• @xNEO said:

@Ponury_Typ said:

Reinstall with centos 7 solved my problem, raid0 is working as expected right now.

Whats the difference between raid 0 and no raid option?

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand server is stuck on installing debian x64 ....

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@itsnotv said:

JBOD vs striped. 2 separate disks vs 1 giant disk with half data on each.

• @Ponury_Typ said:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand server is stuck on installing debian x64 ....

How long has the reinstall been running?

• @Harambe said:

@itsnotv said:

JBOD vs striped. 2 separate disks vs 1 giant disk with half data on each.

Just confirming, will no raid give me one giant disk, and which one would you recommend for a seedbox?

• xerrnixerrni Member
    edited April 2017
    1. Can somebody test speeds (upload) to Google ?
    2. Waiting for some additional speedtest benchmarks :)
  • I just got mine delivered.

Now to try get Windows set up on it :)

• @itsnotv said:

@Ponury_Typ said:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand server is stuck on installing debian x64 ....

How long has the reinstall been running?

For almost 2 hours now.

• @xerrni said:
    1. Can you choose RAID 0/1 ?
    2. Can somebody test speeds (upload) to Google ?
    3. Waiting for some benchmarks :)

1. You can choose RAID1/0/NORAID from web panel.
    2. How to check?
    3. See other comments.
  • lurchlurch Member
    edited April 2017

Received my confirmation email but server does not reply to ping or ssh. Kicked off a reinstall hour ago it's pinging now but says

YOUR SERVER IS CURRENTLY BEING INSTALLED. PLEASE NOTE THAT A WAITING PERIOD OF 45-60 MINUTES IS EXPECTED.
    PLEASE WAIT BEFORE TRYING ANY ACTION.

• How long does a successful reinstall take?

• @lurch said:
    Received my confirmation email but server does not reply to ping or ssh. Kicked off a reinstall hour ago it's pinging now but says

YOUR SERVER IS CURRENTLY BEING INSTALLED. PLEASE NOTE THAT A WAITING PERIOD OF 45-60 MINUTES IS EXPECTED.
    PLEASE WAIT BEFORE TRYING ANY ACTION.

Which OS did you choose?