Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• they didnt have this before?!? wow..

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • BG32BG32 Member

@S3phy said:

@ucxo said:

EDIT: When I open the IP on my browser, I'm greeted by a login with message "Mike's Seedbox Hosting!". Guess the server hasn't been reinstalled yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

enjoy that fresh ip

Thanked by 2netomx tux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

S3phy said: EDIT: When I open the IP on my browser, I'm greeted by a login with message "Mike's Seedbox Hosting!". Guess the server hasn't been reinstalled yet ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It's just a convenience feature, you've got a preinstalled seedbox there, just change "Mike" to your actual name and you're good to go. Oh and whatever stuff was on it, is also yours to keep. :D

Thanked by 3vimalware netomx tux
  • Has anyone managed to install Windows on one of these?

• AuroraZ said: Reinstallation in Paris and Amsterdam Announcement

2017-04-05 11:11:00

Here at OneProvider, we thrive to make our customers happy. For this very reason, we are proud to announce a feature that has been requested by many for a long time: it will now be possible to reinstall your Paris servers and Amsterdam Atom servers yourself, directly through OnePanel! You will no longer need to open a support ticket every time you need a reinstallation!

We believe this long awaited release will help you manage your server(s) more easily and make your experience with OneProvider much simpler. To reinstall your server(s), head to your server list page in OnePanel, and select "Manage". You will find the reinstallation tab as well as the RAID tab, where you will be able to change your server's hardware RAID.

They had removed that announcement.

• S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@MrKaruppu said:

AuroraZ said: Reinstallation in Paris and Amsterdam Announcement

2017-04-05 11:11:00

Here at OneProvider, we thrive to make our customers happy. For this very reason, we are proud to announce a feature that has been requested by many for a long time: it will now be possible to reinstall your Paris servers and Amsterdam Atom servers yourself, directly through OnePanel! You will no longer need to open a support ticket every time you need a reinstallation!

We believe this long awaited release will help you manage your server(s) more easily and make your experience with OneProvider much simpler. To reinstall your server(s), head to your server list page in OnePanel, and select "Manage". You will find the reinstallation tab as well as the RAID tab, where you will be able to change your server's hardware RAID.

They had removed that announcement.

Seems so. It's gone from the announcements for me as well.
    Luckily there is still IPMI, which (hopefully) allows the use of a custom iso.

Has anyone gotten theirs delivered already? I don't think I've seen any reports.

• So apparently OneProvider now has an auto install system, and the panel now lets you configure mounting the second drive as a hardware petition. gg

• S3phy said: Seems so. It's gone from the announcements for me as well.

>

It is showing again.

• @MrKaruppu said:

S3phy said: Seems so. It's gone from the announcements for me as well.

>

It is showing again.

I think they were having problems with a few of the templates, so they may of pulled to fix that issue

• S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@MrKaruppu said:

>

It is showing again.

I actually already harassed the support about it as well.
    On the other news, mine is scheduled to delivered before the end of the day on Friday.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @S3phy said:

@MrKaruppu said:

>

It is showing again.

On the other news, mine is scheduled to delivered before the end of the day on Friday.

Cool, did support tell you this? Thanks~ Mind sharing what time you ordered it? :D

• S3phyS3phy Member

@caracal said:

@S3phy said:

@MrKaruppu said:

>

It is showing again.

Cool, did support tell you this? Thanks~ Mind sharing what time you ordered it? :D

Yeah, the support told me that. My order was around 11:40 EEST 5th of April.

"We are currently facing tremendous demands for this particular configuration, hence additional delays can be expected. We are however trying our best to have the server provisioned as soon as possible, which should be by the end of the day on Friday."

It's not a rock solid promise, but close enough for me.

• My server was delivered today!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @itsnotv said:
    My server was delivered today!

Please run a benchmark.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

@itsnotv said:

When did you place your order mate?

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited April 2017

@S3phy said:

@caracal said:

@S3phy said:

@MrKaruppu said:

>

It is showing again.

Yeah, the support told me that. My order was around 11:40 EEST 5th of April.

"We are currently facing tremendous demands for this particular configuration, hence additional delays can be expected. We are however trying our best to have the server provisioned as soon as possible, which should be by the end of the day on Friday."

It's not a rock solid promise, but close enough for me.

Got same info from support as well that servers should be deliver until end of friday. Anyway i grabed 2 of them (for client verfication i only had to log in to panel - lol ) one will be torrent seed box for linux distros (srsly, not kidding, just wanna help out community with spreading "the word" :D) so i will find out how this fair connection use realy works.

• If I do get one, I'm going to use it for gigabit speed backup of VMs on dediboxes.

The separate billing is peace of mind.

• didn't know that taking a selfie while holding your id can be so hard

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bingolino said:
    didn't know that taking a selfie while holding your id can be so hard

The angle, the focus, not just anyone can pull off that quality photography!

• Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited April 2017

@itsnotv said:

Benchmarks or didn't happen.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • vimalware said:

If I do get one, I'm going to use it for gigabit speed backup of VMs on dediboxes.

The separate billing is peace of mind.

Good observation. Although I often (not always) get close to a gigabit between Online and Hetzner, and it's always plenty fast even if not the full gig.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @mtsbatalha said:

@itsnotv said:

Please run a benchmark.
    @Ponury_Typ said:

@itsnotv said:

I tried out their newly launched automatic reinstall feature, and the installation has been stuck for several hours now.

I should have stuck with what they had provisioned!

• @Neoon said:

@itsnotv said:

Ordered on 2017-04-04.

• NihimNihim Member

ordered one some hours ago and they told me it will be delivered friday night at the latest.

• @Nihim said:
    ordered one some hours ago and they told me it will be delivered friday night at the latest.

Here the same...

• Note: DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT INSTALL UBUNTU 16.04 LTS. This will cause it to never finish installing and you will have to open a support ticket. Use 14.04 LTS or Debian 8.

• @itsnotv said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@itsnotv said:

Please run a benchmark.
    @Ponury_Typ said:

@itsnotv said:

I tried out their newly launched automatic reinstall feature, and the installation has been stuck for several hours now.

I should have stuck with what they had provisioned!

Do they support manual install via custom ISO and VNC?

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

@itsnotv said:

@Neoon said:

@itsnotv said:

Ordered on 2017-04-04.

What time though? Most of us ordered on the 4th. I for example ordered around 4PM US Pacific Time and haven't had mine delivered yet.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Boom, got it. Here's what you're all looking for:

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    109MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      14.4MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   11.0MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   9.39MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   10.5MB/s
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   15.5MB/s

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      9.02MB/s
    Singapore       Softlayer   6.46MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     79.0MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    95.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 132 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 134 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 134 MB/s
    Average I/O : 133.333 MB/s
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:
    Boom, got it. Here's what you're all looking for:

Disk Speed
    > ----------
    > I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s
    > I/O (2nd run) : 134 MB/s
    > I/O (3rd run) : 134 MB/s
    > Average I/O   : 133.333 MB/s

Any idea on the age/brand/etc of those drives? Not sure if there's an easy utility to get smart data through the RAID card like you can with HP cards.