Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• DaipuXDaipuX Member
    edited April 2017

@Neoon said:
    Thanks, still no delivery yet.

@vimalware said:
    If anyone got theirs , does it have ECC RAM really?

Its an i3, so desktop, not a server, so no ECC.

No. Celeron, Pentium, Core i3 supports ECC memory.

If this product is the same as the Dedibox DC, it has ECC memory.

https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Neoon said:

@vimalware said:
    If anyone got theirs , does it have ECC RAM really?

Its an i3, so desktop, not a server, so no ECC.

This board is a an edge case I believe. Waiting. :)

• Neoon said: Its an i3, so desktop, not a server, so no ECC.

I believe it has ECC, let's see
    https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell

• @sanvit said:

Dunno, but if your KS-1 is in CA and your canceling it, could you just transfer it to me please?

It's in France, sorry.

• vishvish Member

@tridinebandim said:
    avast triger an alert in this page "http://peoplehouse.org blocked"... something about picture @vish posted..

i posted an image for "resistance is futile" that I found on google images, not sure why it would trigger other than it being a jpg

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @tridinebandim said:
    avast triger an alert in this page "http://peoplehouse.org blocked"... something about picture @vish posted..

i too got that alert

• Well I got this answer from their support:

Thanked by 1mosan7763
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@mtsbatalha said:
    Well I got this answer from their support:

Which doesn't display

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider said:
    Which doesn't display

PNG works just fine for me.. You seem a bit tense- you should go for drinks with @Nekki. Just don't take anything he hands you without seeing it from the waitress, you might end up a movie star..

Although my inner GrammarNazi screams, this is it- verbatim:

"Hello,

The server you ordered come with 250Mbps of allowed bandwidth, if you more bandwidth for constant time your server will be throttled at 100Mbps if no actions are made after first warning. You will need to contact us to remove the limitation and if it happen again your server will be throttled for 7 days.

If you want to use 1Gbps without being monitored we offer the addon "Fair usage policy removal". This means that you will be able to use a full 1Gbps as long as you wish without being capped.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Anne-Marie L.
    OnePrivder / Support Department
    My location: North America
    "

She must be in Quebec.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WSS wasn't :p

• Damn.. came late to the party :( Why after 1 month of daily accessing lowendtalk to grab a deal like this, the day I dont access something like this comes up. Hopefully they replanish and put some more servers for us to get :)

Thanked by 1Four20
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited April 2017

Yeah, well. That's what I always hated about Online.net and now Oneprovider does the same thing.

Offer was this:

And during the order process it still clearly stated this:

but then in the end reality reveals this

That's actually pretty disappointing @OneProvider, because so far you didn't throttle the bandwidth of the servers you resold from Online and now you do it the same way they do. I had problems with Online directly, because I cannot estimate server usage in the evening hours and need to burst to 300-500Mbit for some minutes. At Online I was told to fuck off to buy a bigger package to be allowed to burst, although my overall average usage was way below 200Mbit.

I will open a ticket asking for a refund politely for the reason of misleading information. I do respect refund policies of the providers and Oneprovider clearly states "We offer a 10 day Money back policy for undelivered servers. This does not apply to purchases made with a discount of 25% or more." On the other hand it is not a fair game to advertise wrong information. What is the big deal to sell it as 250Mbit bandwidth, put a footnote next to it and say "upgrade to 1gbit possible"? That's not marketing, that's a lie.

• WSSWSS Member

@Clouvider said:
    @WSS wasn't :p

You still haven't mentioned the NekkiMeat, or NekkiMeet, however it turned out..

• Does anyone know of a stock checker for OneProvider to email when if the deal comes back in stock?

• WSSWSS Member

@iamthepizza said:
    Does anyone know of a stock checker for OneProvider to email when if the deal comes back in stock?

F5, although Ctrl-R might support it.

• @WSS said:

@iamthepizza said:
    Does anyone know of a stock checker for OneProvider to email when if the deal comes back in stock?

F5, although Ctrl-R might support it.

Haha! So I guess there's nothing for if my finger gets tired?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

iamthepizza said: Haha! So I guess there's nothing for if my finger gets tired?

But you've got another 7, right?

Thanked by 1Four20
  • WSSWSS Member

@iamthepizza said:
    Haha! So I guess there's nothing for if my finger gets tired?

Chrome "Super Auto Refresh"+ scripting would probably work well. Greasemonkey could do this on FF. I just don't know of a site that does automagic scraping of them..

• @chrisp said:
    Yeah, well. That's what I always hated about Online.net and now Oneprovider does the same thing.

Offer was this:

And during the order process it still clearly stated this:

but then in the end reality reveals this

That's actually pretty disappointing @OneProvider, because so far you didn't throttle the bandwidth of the servers you resold from Online and now you do it the same way they do. I had problems with Online directly, because I cannot estimate server usage in the evening hours and need to burst to 300-500Mbit for some minutes. At Online I was told to fuck off to buy a bigger package to be allowed to burst, although my overall average usage was way below 200Mbit.

I will open a ticket asking for a refund politely for the reason of misleading information. I do respect refund policies of the providers and Oneprovider clearly states "We offer a 10 day Money back policy for undelivered servers. This does not apply to purchases made with a discount of 25% or more." On the other hand it is not a fair game to advertise wrong information. What is the big deal to sell it as 250Mbit bandwidth, put a footnote next to it and say "upgrade to 1gbit possible"? That's not marketing, that's a lie.

I've ran at 300Mbit for about a week with no problems.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

chrisp said: now you do it the same way they do

Well they have to, they're reselling online.net right there after all.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • WSSWSS Member

@Jabroni said:
    I love u! I was able to order one with that link

THIS CONFIG MAY SUFFER FROM UNUSUAL DELIVERY TIMES - PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR CURRENT ETAs

Good fucking luck. Standard delivery is over 4 days. See you next spring!

• @WSS said:

THIS CONFIG MAY SUFFER FROM UNUSUAL DELIVERY TIMES - PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR CURRENT ETAs

Good fucking luck. Standard delivery is over 4 days. See you next spring!

Im in no rush to get the server.. i can wait the 3-4 days, my kimsufi server expires till the 28th.. I know that you get what you pay.. this is a 10usd a month server im not expending expedited responses, neither Ill host any delicate service for me on it too

• WSSWSS Member

See, you ordered after it was over. They said you can order it, but you don't have an ETA. It is fairly unlikely you'll get it within 3-4 days.

• ucxoucxo Member

I've already got an IPv4 for the server in the control panel (traceroute shows it's in Online.net's DC3), but the server is still "Pending delivery".

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@ucxo said:
    I've already got an IPv4 for the server in the control panel (traceroute shows it's in Online.net's DC3), but the server is still "Pending delivery".

Probably going through OS install? Mine doesn't have an IP but it now has a hostname listed.

• S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@ucxo said:

Then there's two of us.
    The IPs been there for ~14 hours for me, but still waiting for delivery.

Maybe we should spam them with tickets. I'm sure that'll help!

EDIT: When I open the IP on my browser, I'm greeted by a login with message "Mike's Seedbox Hosting!". Guess the server hasn't been reinstalled yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hostname but no IP at this time. I hope reinstalls can be done via the panel and not via ticket as it looks like I accidentally selected Centos 7 32bit on the order.

• Reinstallation in Paris and Amsterdam
    Announcement

2017-04-05 11:11:00

Here at OneProvider, we thrive to make our customers happy. For this very reason, we are proud to announce a feature that has been requested by many for a long time: it will now be possible to reinstall your Paris servers and Amsterdam Atom servers yourself, directly through OnePanel!
    You will no longer need to open a support ticket every time you need a reinstallation!
    We believe this long awaited release will help you manage your server(s) more easily and make your experience with OneProvider much simpler.
    To reinstall your server(s), head to your server list page in OnePanel, and select "Manage". You will find the reinstallation tab as well as the RAID tab, where you will be able to change your server's hardware RAID.