Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@maldovia said: Ticket for reinstalls.

@Setsura said: Reinstalls are automated I believe as well, presumably with some API to online.net's system for installs.

Hmm.

• @Setsura said:

@Harambe said:

@rm_ said:

vimalware said: No option to skip hardware raid and get individual disks passed through?

It's advertised as having IPMI support, you should be able to do that with it.

Curious about this. Does anyone know if they have an automated reinstall system / passthrough IPMI/DRAC access to the OneProvider portal or do you need to ticket for reinstalls, etc?

Their panel has a button to request IPMI access, I recall that one time there was a ticket created for them to "approve" the access but I think after that it just automatically gave you the info when you used the button. Reinstalls are automated I believe as well, presumably with some API to online.net's system for installs.

I bought a Paris server just a few weeks ago, reinstalls are manual as is IPMI access. so ymmv.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • Does this server have a rescue mode?

• Oh well, signed up and placed an order.

The good old LEB addiction kicks in , except it's now cheap dedis.

Thanked by 2Chronic netomx
  • Ordered one and waiting, thank you very much

• I'd be interested to know how many hours are on the HD's. I'm tempted but will resist. Don't need another server and don't want to send photo holding my ID. OVH and Online didn't ask me for that, by the way.

• @rm_ said:
    @iamthepizza for your initial question, on this plan the "guaranteed bandwidth" is 250 Mbps https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/old/server-dedibox-dc-dell
    In Online.net terms it means nobody will bother you if you average less than that.

Ah OK. Thanks for clarifying this

• @Harambe said:

@maldovia said: Ticket for reinstalls.

@Setsura said: Reinstalls are automated I believe as well, presumably with some API to online.net's system for installs.

Hmm.

It has been about two years since I've had active service with them, at the time the IPMI access was automated for their Paris stuff, as in giving you the info, there may have been some approval process to get IPMI in the first place though. I don't accurately remember for reinstalls so that could be manual.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@willie said:
    I'd be interested to know how many hours are on the HD's. I'm tempted but will resist. Don't need another server and don't want to send photo holding my ID. OVH and Online didn't ask me for that, by the way.

Same here. I paid via CC and they still asked me to partake in their silly shenanigans.

Fuck that!

I don't need to go through such bullshit for a 10EUR server. I am happy with my KS-3 boxes.

• This time I can resist. It is a good start for reducing my monthly LEBs. Still prefer to keep my Kimsufi i3 dedis rather than taking this...

I hope that Online.NET will not post their new limited offers this month. I am poor now :-(

• lurchlurch Member

Don't need or have any use for.......ordered

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@johnnymatt said:

@Clouvider said: Isn't that obvious for a $10 dedicated server that you can't really consume bandwidth for $400 ?

Are you jealous of this offer? :) Anyway its obvious that for a $10 dedicated server you can't really consume bandwidth for $400. Even chickens knows that. But a projection of 15TB (or more) seems more than legitimate

Not at all, we're after different target.

There will be some complaining about being throttled for pushing close to 1G for days, I can bet on it ;-).

• BopieBopie Member
    edited April 2017

@clouvider, we all know that give it a few days people will get throttled and will wonder why there $10 server does not have the advertised 1Gbps

either way i have got one :) figured why not $30 for 3 months of a idle windows box :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie said:
    @clouvider, we all know that give it a few days people will get throttled and will wonder why there $10 server does not have the advertised 1Gbps

either way i have got one :) figured why not $30 for 3 months of a idle windows box :)

I prefer to throw money at the kit :p

• BopieBopie Member

@Clouvider said:

@Bopie said:

I prefer to throw money at the kit :p

It replaces a kimsufi server iv had for some time now that I use to host some personal game servers :)

• Grabbed one. Does anyone know if you can install Windows on a BYOL via the IPMI access?

I'm still trying to find a use for it lol....

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@caracal said:
    I wonder what happens if/when they oversell these? Or would they have a functioning stock counter that stops orders once they sell out?

I've ordered a server and it was out of stock. They offered me an alternate selection or a refund. I have them a range of specs and price that would be acceptable and they hooked me up nicely :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ehabehab Member

@jarland said:

off course looked who asked.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • GiulioGiulio Member
    edited April 2017

Does it make sense to cancel two Kidechire and one KS-1 for this?

Overrall i would get better perfomance and more disk (and more stability) but less bandwith and a single ip instead of three (and less ram, but 2gb with a via nano was useless anyway for me). However even if i haven't received the warning yet the Kidechire are going to be end of life anyway...

What do you think?

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2017

@Giulio said:

price wise .... yes

quality wise ... no one yet commented.

if i was you, i'd go (try the oneprovider offer ) for it and cancel if it didn't work out. only $10 lost if i care to cancel on time etc..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2017

jarland said: I've ordered a server and it was out of stock. They offered me an alternate selection or a refund. I have them a range of specs and price that would be acceptable and they hooked me up nicely :)

Likely you ordered a higher priced server, so they had tons of alternative options in the same price range. I don't think they will have many other offers to give people at 10 EUR for i3 with 2x1TB HW RAID.

Giulio said: Does it make sense to cancel two Kidechire and one KS-1 for this?

Don't cancel anything until you actually get the server. But Kidechires are going away in any case, so might as well get this one for a future migration. Still I wouldn't cancel Kidechires until forced, at 2 EUR/server it's a crazy deal. Dunno about KS1, depending on your needs you could keep that one for redundancy/backups.

Giulio said: less bandwith

Not much less, as Kidechires only have 100 Mbps guaranteed each, and this one is 250 Mbps.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • They asked for ID and stuff even when using a verified Paypal account.

• vishvish Member
    edited April 2017

@willie said:
    I'm tempted but will resist.

deleted an image due to reports of possibly unsafe links

• Sold out.

Thanked by 1FennecFox
  • tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited April 2017

avast triger an alert in this page "http://peoplehouse.org blocked"... something about picture @vish posted..

• @tridinebandim said:
    they want a picture while you holding the credit card, any idea how will i hold my virtual credit card?

Use an e-penis! :p

• @Giulio said:
    Does it make sense to cancel two Kidechire and one KS-1 for this?

Overrall i would get better perfomance and more disk (and more stability) but less bandwith and a single ip instead of three (and less ram, but 2gb with a via nano was useless anyway for me). However even if i haven't received the warning yet the Kidechire are going to be end of life anyway...

What do you think?

Dunno, but if your KS-1 is in CA and your canceling it, could you just transfer it to me please?

• If anyone got theirs , does it have ECC RAM really?

• sanvit said: could you just transfer it to me please?

I think kimsufi transfers require paperwork.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Thanks, still no delivery yet.

@vimalware said:
    If anyone got theirs , does it have ECC RAM really?

Its an i3, so desktop, not a server, so no ECC.