Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• S3phyS3phy Member

@caracal said:
    Hoping to be provisioned today.. How are everyone testing their drives? Will it work with the raid card?

Good luck.

Most/All distros seem to present the raided drives as /dev/sgx devices. In Arch I had to modprobe sg to get the devices to show up. After that I was able to simply smartctl -a /dev/sg0 and smartctl -a /dev/sg2

• @S3phy said:

@caracal said:
    Hoping to be provisioned today.. How are everyone testing their drives? Will it work with the raid card?

Good luck.

Most/All distros seem to present the raided drives as /dev/sgx devices. In Arch I had to modprobe sg to get the devices to show up. After that I was able to simply smartctl -a /dev/sg0 and smartctl -a /dev/sg2

Similar here except on centos it was sg1 and sg2 for some reason.

• @S3phy said:

@caracal said:

Good luck.

Thank you for that. Any idea how to do this in debian/ubuntu? Or do I have to noraid / centos it to look at the disks?

• S3phyS3phy Member

@caracal said:

@S3phy said:

@caracal said:

Good luck.

Thank you for that. Any idea how to do this in debian/ubuntu? Or do I have to noraid / centos it to look at the disks?

I don't know, as I haven't tried. Just throw in the centos and see. If there are no /dev/sg devices, you can try modprobing sg.

I find it hard to believe that centos wouldnt support this at all.

• WSSWSS Member

Login this morning:

THERE WAS A PROBLEM TRYING TO MANAGE YOUR SERVER, PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT.

I don't know if I feel pity for OneProvider, or disdain.

• BG32BG32 Member

Just for google cache and seo: I still don't have my server, it's been a week one provider.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

WSS said: I don't know if I feel pity for OneProvider, or disdain.

I bet they've already spent more money paying their teams to provision and support these servers than they are making from the deal. Poor chaps.

• WSSWSS Member

@MasonR said:
    I bet they've already spent more money paying their teams to provision and support these servers than they are making from the deal. Poor chaps.

One might suggest they're stuck in a Vortex, even..

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • drivexdrivex Member
    edited April 2017

@MasonR said:

WSS said: I don't know if I feel pity for OneProvider, or disdain.

That might be true, but you have to deal with this when you provide a buggy interface and don't deliver in the given timeframe....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Mine is still installing about 18 hours later.

• drivexdrivex Member
    edited April 2017

@Nekki said:

Maybe you are already run out of bandwhich? :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@drivex said:

@Nekki said:

Out of unlimited data transfer? Are you on crack, son?

• @Nekki said:

@drivex said:

@Nekki said:

Out of unlimited data transfer? Are you on crack, son?

Usually. Just kidding. Does hard reboot work? I guess not, happenend to me too - so i had to wait for their support team to get a really hard reboot....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@drivex said:
    i had to wait for their support team to get a really hard reboot....

How hard was that reboot exactly, big boi?

• Really hard. Because SMART is showing now a free_fall count 1 on one disk :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@drivex said:
    Really hard. Because SMART is showing now a free_fall count 1 on one disk :D

I am so fucking wet right now.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:

I know you don't want to hear this, but something is wrong. I can't really explain why, just a feeling..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

@Nekki said:

I know you don't want to hear this, but something is wrong. I can't really explain why, just a feeling..

So long as the installation doesn't fail, I'm good.

Thanked by 2Lee tux
  • WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

I did a stage 1 Gentoo install on a KS-1, because I was bored. I also compiled NetBSD on a Vaxstation 3100. Both took a couple weeks of being ignored.

• WSSWSS Member

@WSS said:

@Lee said:

I did a stage 1 Gentoo install on a KS-1, because I was bored. I also compiled NetBSD on a Vaxstation 3100. Both took a couple weeks of being ignored.

Kind of like your last date.

• WSSWSS Member

@WSS said:

@WSS said:

@Lee said:

Kind of like your last date.

Harsh, bro. She's your sister, too!

• @Nekki said:

@Lee said:

@Nekki said:

It will not going any further without the support will do a hard reboot....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@drivex said:

@Nekki said:

@Lee said:

@Nekki said:

It will not going any further without the support will do a hard reboot....

Dammit, if you make me cum on the train I'm going to be very unhappy/turned on.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    Dammit, if you make me cum on the train I'm going to be very unhappy/turned on.

Will you ever get off the mantrain?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

Welp...

The server has been replaced.

Got an i3-540 now. Still only 4GB.

root@(none):~# smartctl -a /dev/sg2 | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   040   040   000    Old_age   Always       -       44230
    root@(none):~# smartctl -a /dev/sg0 | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   040   040   000    Old_age   Always       -       44233

Last one had been spinning over 5 years.. Happy times ahead!

• Meanwhile...

The switch blocked your port, can you please let us know the actions you made in the server before the downtime?

I didn't do anything. . .

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Pending Delivery

:(

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

ThracianDog said: I didn't do anything. . .

How dare you turn your server on!!!

netomx said: Pending Delivery

Yep...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @caracal said:

That being said, I've witnessed a whole life cycle of a fly while waiting for provision.

So ubuntu 16.04 is back on the reinstall panel.. does it still take ages?

Does ubuntu 16.04 reinstall from panel work now, my server used to get stuck when I tried a week back. Cent OS works without any issues.

• WSSWSS Member

@itsnotv said:
    Does ubuntu 16.04 reinstall from panel work now, my server used to get stuck when I tried a week back. Cent OS works without any issues.

Given the different sources of hardware with PROBLEMS, I'd venture to blame that before the machine, myself.