Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I suspend a non-panel based service from whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I suspend a non-panel based service from whmcs

Hi,

I am willing to put some of my on automation. Is it possible for whmcs to log into ssh of a server and change public directory of virtual host or do something similar on non-payment? Like there's a vps with a website. If a customer exceed max date of due then whmcs can suspend the service which isn't using any panel.

Thanks

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I think that is not possible. You will need to code your own plugin for that.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

not possible

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It might be possible with some custom coding, hooking onto some triggers to automate it.

The part about It being possible to let whmcs connect using ssh and execute commands on the remote server; Yes, it is possible.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Definitely possible. I once coded a module for a customer that logins in and removes the client's IP from the allowed set of IPs, etc, etc. So yes, possible.

• @rsk said:
    Definitely possible. I once coded a module for a customer that logins in and removes the client's IP from the allowed set of IPs, etc, etc. So yes, possible.

Is it open-source? the module which you coded? I can customize it as per my need as I cannot create a new one due to lack of experience and knowledge. Thanks

jetchirag said: Is it open-source? the module which you coded? I can customize it as per my need as I cannot create a new one due to lack of experience and knowledge. Thanks

No, it was for a client's project on freelancer. Sorry :(

• @rsk said:

jetchirag said: Is it open-source? the module which you coded? I can customize it as per my need as I cannot create a new one due to lack of experience and knowledge. Thanks

It's okay. I've started to work on custom panel. Thanks for clues tho

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited April 2017

@jetchirag said:

@rsk said:

It's okay. I've started to work on custom panel. Thanks for clues tho

jetchirag said: I can customize it as per my need as I cannot create a new one due to lack of experience and knowledge

codes entirely new panel

Thanked by 4brueggus JahAGR trewq WSS
  • jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited April 2017

@nulldev thanks for pointing out. But I still had made my mind to give it a try. I've been working on php full day since. And I have some more mates to help me. Thanks for attention. I'm trying both tho.
    P.S. I actually meant experience with whmcs.

@rsk Anyways, I finally found an idea. To create server modules with ability to log in and execute a file in root directory which will is bash file which can make changes. Any idea if I am going in correct direction.

• VPSCheapVPSCheap Member, Host Rep

Assuming you can't get a full automation code, it should be a lot easier to trigger an email whenever a non-module service needs suspension. That way you have an email queue you can easily look at and tell which services need to be manually suspended.

It doesn't solve the automation problem, but it makes dealing with things manually a lot easier.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@jetchirag said:

@rsk Anyways, I finally found an idea. To create server modules with ability to log in and execute a file in root directory which will is bash file which can make changes. Any idea if I am going in correct direction.

This is really simple, check out phpseclib. I don't recommend running anything as root though, make sure to use sudo.

jetchirag said: @rsk Anyways, I finally found an idea. To create server modules with ability to log in and execute a file in root directory which will is bash file which can make changes. Any idea if I am going in correct direction.

Yes, that is right. but do as @KuJoe suggested, phpseclib! :)