Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rackburst Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rackburst Down?

My VPS with them isn't responding and various parts of their portal.rackburst.net are extremely slow; including the sections related to trying to open up a ticket. Anyone else having issues?

I don't see any network status page anywhere on their site...

Comments

• lurchlurch Member

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2008572/#Comment_2008572

Dear Loyal Customers

After nearly 7 years in the business, it is with great regret that we have to announce the > closure of our VPS services.

It hasn’t been a great year for us, from numerous system failures, to new cloud services > offering more compelling services, to new laws coming in that will hinder our
    operations. As a very small company, we simply do not have the time to tackle all of
    these issues to provide the level of service you would expect from us.

We have had so many system failures that unfortunately, your VPS may not be online
    anymore. We can only apologise for the trouble caused here, and we wish we could help > you further. Please open a support ticket with the subject “Service Closure: VPS Offline” > so we can refund any money to you during the time which your VPS has failed since
    22nd December 2016.

If your VPS is still online, please take immediate steps to backup your data.

From 1st March 2017, all services will be offline permanently.

Please take immediate steps to cancel any PayPal subscriptions you may have with us.
    While we won’t be taking any new orders, we will be leaving currently VPSs live until the >3rd March 2017 free of charge.

We’d like to thank you for your loyal custom, and can only apologise if we have failed
    you

Regards,

Rackulous

ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd Registered Address: 3 Shrewsbury Gardens, Belfast, UK, > BT9 6PJ Web: www.abpni.com Registered in Northern Ireland (UK) No. NI602753 VAT
    No: GB990366491

• Rackburst != Rackulous @lurch.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2017

Down? How about dead? They are deadpool as mentioned above by @lurch . Some of their services are still online but they have already provided several notifications by e-mail to their customers letting them know of the shut down, so you should have been ready for it.

In fact, this is the last notice I received from them on 1/22/2017:

Subject: Closure of VPS Services: Update 3
    Dear Customers,

I'd like to provide some further updates on our closure procedure.

Please do not worry if we have not replied to your refund tickets yet. We will be triaging these and working through them. Please also note, that while our VPS services will stop on March 1st, we will still work through any outstanding closure tickets as necessary.

Thanks

Rackulous

ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd
    Registered Address:
    3 Shrewsbury Gardens, Belfast, UK, BT9 6PJ
    Web: www.abpni.com
    Registered in Northern Ireland (UK) No. NI602753
    VAT No: GB990366491

AlyssaD said: Rackburst != Rackulous @lurch.

They actually are the same, both are owned by ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd. and 'Rackburst' was Rackulous's (Evorack originally) OpenVZ brand. This is also why every item on the Rackburst website is out of stock.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

AlyssaD said: Rackburst != Rackulous @lurch.

They actually are the same, both are owned by ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd. and 'Rackburst' was Rackulous's (Evorack originally) OpenVZ brand. This is also why every item on the Rackburst website is out of stock.

Yikes! I knew about Rackulous but missed that Rackburst were the same. Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't expect them to come up anytime soon....