Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago ddos protected VPS w/ GRE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago ddos protected VPS w/ GRE

zfedorazfedora Member

Anybody know of anyone out of Chicago that could do this?

Comments

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited June 2013

@Jack said:
    What do you mean?

You want the VPS in Chicago with the filtering in Chicago?

or a VPS in Chicago that you can GRE too?

Sorry about not clarifying, I need a VPS in Chicago with the filtering in Chicago that I can set up a GRE tunnel to.

• Gigenet offers filtering from Chicago? But don't think they offer GRE. You can check with them.

• Thanks @Jack! I will definitely let you know if Gigenet is an option. From what I've heard they're pretty expensive but the service is great.

And yes, there aren't many providers in Chicago that offer ddos filtration. Steadfast only just got Blacklotus and they charge something like $250/ip.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited June 2013

@zfedora

I think X4B have DDoS protection in Chicago, but their GRE is in testing?

@SplitIce

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

We do have a setup for DDoS protection in Chicago (10Gbit/6Mpps).

GRE (and IPIP) is currently in very early alpha (still very crude). We wont be releasing it until we are confident in its stability (Est would be mid-late July).

Regarding GRE, It will go into semi-public beta (PM me) for individuals with a good level of knowledge in July. The main purpose of this beta test will be to

a) see if it possible for any use case to break the interface / configuration backend.

b) ensure that everything will be smooth for a public release

c) ensure that all features that are required are available.

We currently have two people down for beta testing in July. You are welcome to put your name down too (via PM).

• Thanks, I'll definitely check it out @SplitIce @Ishaq

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

We have our filtering nodes setup at Chicago, however our VMs theirself are around 20ms away. If that would work for you, HMU. The filtered IPs geolocate in Chicago as well.

Alexander

• I'm not 100% sure how this works but any provider out of Continuum Data Center could get onto their BlackLotus setup - they'd need their own setup, but the possibility is there.

• Thanks @Alex_LiquidHost I'll look into that as well

Yeah @eric1212 Blacklotus just recently came to Steadfast as well, but they're pretty expensive

You're welcome @zfedora

If you need only a GRE tunnel, I can set it up directly from Chicago as well.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    You're welcome zfedora

If you need only a GRE tunnel, I can set it up directly from Chicago as well.

Who is the filtering done by in Chicago? And where are the VMs located? This may be the best bet for sake of keeping latency low(er).

Thanks!

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@zfedora - I'd definitely look into Gigenet. They may be more expensive, but are top quality :)

• @dominicl said:
    zfedora - I'd definitely look into Gigenet. They may be more expensive, but are top quality :)

They are top quality but I really just need a cheap solution and not all of the features. Though Gigenet is definitely still an option.

@zfedora said:
    They are top quality but I really just need a cheap solution and not all of the features. Though Gigenet is definitely still an option.

They do a 256MB VPS for something like $15/mo which is reasonable for cloud.

• @dominicl said:

Are they filtered though? I bet they charge more for filtering. I'll look into it either way and might take @Jack up on his offer :)

@zfedora said:
    Are they filtered though? I bet they charge more for filtering. I'll look into it either way and might take Jack up on his offer :)

Yeah, that's true - not 100% sure on how their filtering works as I've not used it.

http://ddosprotection.com/services/proxyshield/ That's gigenet's filtering and as far as I am aware, this is the price on top of the cloud ;)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

5Gbps or 5 Million PPS, $2,500/month

Owch. For a single service, and not a BGP session / multiple IP GRE tunnel that's really expensive. Enterprise prices. I doubt this is what @zfedora is after.