Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge list of dedicated server providers under $20 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge list of dedicated server providers under $20

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@127001 said:

WSS said: WordPress traffic

I would not use Wordpress because I know how to code.

I like you, even if you are a little loopy.

• nepsneps Member

saibal said: "UPON STOCK SERVER PROCESSOR MAY CHANGE TO DIFFERENT BUT SIMILAR ONE"

If it's similar enough for the socket it's similar enough for me!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rEDrED Member

@thharris said:
    I think the $15 plan from https://www.homepageuniverse.com are vps's

"Dedicated cloud server"

Thanked by 1netomx
  • thharristhharris Member
    edited April 2017

@rED said:

@thharris said:

"Dedicated cloud server"

Well you should add buyvm slices since that's the same thing.

• rEDrED Member

@thharris said:

@rED said:

@thharris said:

"Dedicated cloud server"

Well you should add buyvm slices since that's the same thing.

What is difference can you state? They are dedi but they are on cloud so they may be bit unreliable or non stable, other than that can you tell any prob?

Buyvm starts are $3.5/mn dayumm... Although it has 1/4 cpu core.

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited April 2017

What is difference can you state? They are dedi but they are on cloud so they may be bit unreliable or non stable, other than that can you tell any prob?

Buyvm starts are $3.5/mn dayumm... Although it has 1/4 cpu core.

Basically just another marketing name for a VPS. With theoretically dedicated resources and no way for customer to actually know how oversold they are and what underlying hardware they have...

• Gamma17 said: no way for customer to actually know how oversold they are and what underlying hardware they have...

This is all known. The machines are mostly E3-1240v3 with 32GB ram if I remember correctly. There is no memory oversell at all. Dedicated CPU is allocated in proportion to the slice size, from 1/32 of the cpu (1/4 of a hardware thread) for the 1gb to 100% of the cpu for a 32gb (a de facto single tenant server) with bursting allowed as capacity permits. I dunno the situation with ssd space or bandwidth but they don't seem to be a problem in practice.

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited April 2017

This is all known. The machines are mostly E3-1240v3 with 32GB ram if I remember correctly. There is no memory oversell at all. Dedicated CPU is allocated in proportion to the slice size, from 1/32 of the cpu (1/4 of a hardware thread) for the 1gb to 100% of the cpu for a 32gb (a de facto single tenant server) with bursting allowed as capacity permits. I dunno the situation with ssd space or bandwidth but they don't seem to be a problem in practice.

The problem is though, you have absolutely no way to verify it. Even benchmarks will not help as you may just get "lucky" and run it during time when the node is not overloaded.
    Such things may work well enough with providers you can trust, but when buying them from random provider found in google there is fairly high chance that you will get just a regular oversold vps with much higher price.
    And IMO it has nothing to do with actual dedicated servers, it is just another variation of VPS.

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • Gamma17 said: Such things may work well enough with providers you can actually trust, but when buying them from random provider found in google

Why would you buy anything from a provider you didn't trust?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2017

https://serverdedicati.aruba.it/server-dedicati/basic-1-4/

Intel® Dual Core
    4GB RAM
    1x 1TB SATA Hard disk

19.00€

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited April 2017

@willie said:
    Why would you buy anything from a provider you didn't trust?

Usually because it's cheap, is not it what whole this site is about? :)

• @Gamma17 said:

The problem is though, you have absolutely no way to verify it.

Very easy to verify. Hog the server with 100% CPU usage for a few days and fill the RAM, see if you get throttled or not -> verified.

• deadbeef said: Very easy to verify. Hog the server with 100% CPU usage for a few days and fill the RAM, see if you get throttled or not -> verified.

You need at least the 4gb slice for that. With the 1gb you can use 100% for a while (burst), but you'll eventually get throttled to the 25% that is dedicated to you. Filling the ram should be fine either way though.

• Nice share. Stay away from ServDiscount. Bad network, 'physical' harddisks are actually just a NAS. :-))

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member
    edited April 2017

nothing

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

@DennisdeWit said:
    Nice share. Stay away from ServDiscount. Bad network, 'physical' harddisks are actually just a NAS. :-))

The solution for that is, Open a Ticket, Complain, ask for bigger internal Disk, fixed.

Worked for us, since they dont tell you before you order that its NAS.

• wow what a list, is there still a promo code for those cheapest DS? :))

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited April 2017

You are paying for the remaining of this month and the next one.

Thanked by 1ARiEWWW
  • DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited April 2017

@Neoon said:

@DennisdeWit said:
    Nice share. Stay away from ServDiscount. Bad network, 'physical' harddisks are actually just a NAS. :-))

The solution for that is, Open a Ticket, Complain, ask for bigger internal Disk, fixed.

Worked for us, since they dont tell you before you order that its NAS.

Not for me. They just assigned more space on their NAS :/. I leaved the hosting provider and went with other provider that I am extremely happy with!

• kinda expensive for 4gb 1TBhdd

@mehargags said:
    https://serverdedicati.aruba.it/server-dedicati/basic-1-4/

Intel® Dual Core
    4GB RAM
    1x 1TB SATA Hard disk

19.00€

• HorusHorus Member

Which of them accept cryptocurrencies

• rEDrED Member

@Horus said:
    Which of them accept cryptocurrencies

Very few of them but don't remember the names, so gotta check it out yourself.

• @Yura said:

@rED said:

@raindog308 said:
    What was your bad experience with kimsufi?

server not as fast as I thought...

Did they throttle your cores the Chicago-style? I very much doubt it. How exactly server was slower than the specs of hardware you read before ordered it?

How can they throttle CPU cores on a dedicated server you have full control over

• YuraYura Member

@ethancedrik said:
    How can they throttle CPU cores on a dedicated server you have full control over

That's what I said. It's a dedi, you get the specs without throttling, overselling, etc.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Ikoula any good offers? Like the one I lost months ago, i3 with 1TB ?

• Nice list but need deep review before get one, cheap close with oversell and oversell close with bad.

• @jagoanit said:
    Nice list but need deep review before get one, cheap close with oversell and oversell close with bad.

Ehhhh how do you oversell a Dedicated server?

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:
    Ehhhh how do you oversell a Dedicated server?

CVPS or HvH probably know.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • rEDrED Member

yeah exactly lol a dedi is dedi, how can it be oversold.

• Network oversell.