Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap under $3 vps in singapore other than vultr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap under $3 vps in singapore other than vultr

hello,

looking for cheap vps under $3 located in singapore

I don't want 128MB ram, the spec should be atleast comparable to vultr $2.5.

thanks

Comments

• drakuladrakula Member
    edited April 2017

good luck!

• If @quadhost 's xmas offers are still valid, then that's an option. However, they've been a tad bit, eh, unresponsive as of late.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Would openvz.io's Singapore VPS work for you?

• I am interested too ... will pay yearly

• @Dextronox said:
    If @quadhost 's xmas offers are still valid, then that's an option. However, they've been a tad bit, eh, unresponsive as of late.

Yup, There was a bit of slow network on these last time I checked . I just have them as a secondary Singapore vpn.

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited April 2017

searched through https://romanrm.net/vps/singapore and none of them was.
    As mentioned, quadhost's offer was the best one, but it's probably gone.
    As for network, quadhost's singapore was relatively slow, but given that price I think you can't ask too much. The same goes for vultr, packets from my Asian ISP are all routed through US and back to vultr sgp, so you might want to take this into consideration and bump budget for this.
    Without promotion, you probably need to adapt to openvz.io's 128mb ram, or ExpertVM's 128mb ram for 40 per year(out of stock now though). It's at least KVM, so perhaps you can setup swap temporarily when compiling.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

layfon said: The same goes for vultr, packets from my Asian ISP are all routed through US and back to vultr sgp

Really? That's pretty awful.

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited April 2017

raindog308 said:

layfon said: The same goes for vultr, packets from my Asian ISP are all routed through US and back to vultr sgp

Really? That's pretty awful.

That's true, but I'm not sure who's to blame, vultr or my current ISP. I only get this kind of route for vultr vps, both Japan and Singapore location. Others like DO, linode, quadhost, dediserve, don't give this kind of result so I just let go of vultr, which is the cheapest one:(
    On the other hand I've also used some ISPs in my country that have good ping to vultr, so I guess it's not a general situation though. I'm just reminding OP to check if round-trip-time is fine for her.

Thanked by 2lixingcong dediserve
  • It's hard to match vultr's price. Hostus has 256MB RAM, 10GB SSD for $2.95/month or $25/yr https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=183

512MB RAM for < $3/month is possible if you pay annually ($35/yr)
    https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=179

Thanked by 1AlexanderM