Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server with storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server with storage

Hi all, I know there way another thread like this recently but I have a different request.

I'm looking for a server with at least 8TB of storage for under $50 a month.
I know about Hetzner but I've had issues with them in the past so would prefer to avoid! Recently I have also tried signing up with Online.net but have issues adding my card and there support is awful.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

What sort of issues did you had with Hetzner ?
    Any other requirements besides the storage size and budget ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Evoc said: Does anyone have any suggestions please?

If you can up the budget slightly, @Infinity may be able to help you out if the UK is an option.

• EvocEvoc Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider said:
    What sort of issues did you had with Hetzner ?
    Any other requirements besides the storage size and budget ?

I had some networking issues with them and they were very slow to respond (days).
    If possible 8GB+ of RAM and an E3/E5 or i3/i5 CPU would be good.

I'm mainly after storage, a VPS is a possibility.

• JackHJackH Member
    edited April 2017

All good options ^, however given your budget each one will of course have its downsides, so I'll lay them out here to help you (and others who happen to find this thread) decide:

SoYouStart - Storage offers are ARM, not Intel although perform well. Disk speeds are good however the disks tend to be quite aged. Network speed was severely limited when @maldovia tried them out last, you'll be capped at 250Mbps anyway. Support isn't the best but is certainly better than it used to be.

--

Time4VPS - Support team are quick however given their storage plans are OpenVZ, they are a little unaccommodating with regards to things like FUSE. OpenVZ - not everyone's cup of tea (although they do have KVM plans, not sure whether those have large storage though). Network is mostly good and limited to 400Mbps which is reasonable for the price. Disk IO isn't amazing, but most people don't seem to care.

--

Cociu's network is Romanian so international speeds may not be as great as you'd hope. I've heard great things about his pricing and know he's got a fair few friends and foes around here (he's well known), so he's not likely to disappear any time soon. Maybe @cociu might make a good CrapNAT™ host? :-D

Other providers (you didn't list location btw) include @Ikoula, Nocix/WSI and picking up a number of Kimsufi machines in the same location and doing Glustr or Ceph storage between them.

Hope this helps! Apologies to providers named here as upon re-read I've been mainly negative - I think I need some sleep. I should note that they're all reputable and are loved by many people here, I just felt at $50 you should know what to expect! :-D

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

SYS has some Intel storage servers including a 2x4TB one. The price level OP is looking for is very low, i.e. reachable but not without compromises.

It looks like you can set up this dedi with 4x 2tb drives for around 45 euro/m on annual payment:

https://www.worldstream.nl/select_dedicated.php?id=1

Thanked by 1JackH
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Evoc we do not have servers with 8TB by default but you can write our sales team [email protected] to get a quotation. You can mention you're a member of LET community.

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

Dedicated server Intel i3 550 CPU, 500 GB (OS drive) +2x 4 TB HDD , 4GB RAM, 100 Mbps bandwidth, 50 € monthly, Lithuania. Ask our support

• If a vps can do the job for you, your budget will work just tell the chat operator how much disk space you want and go ahead and order a vps in your price range, then you can get the disk space you want and a stable vps. Enjoy your day

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

I can do one of our older AMD boxes with 2x 4TB HDD, 8GB RAM and 100Mbit Unmetered for $45/m. If you need more or less storage, or in a different layout of drives just reach out to myself or send us a ticket.