Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone update this WHMCS module
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone update this WHMCS module

drdrakedrdrake Member

Hello everyone,

I am sure a lot of you use LHC, an open source live chat web app that is better than most paid ones. It has a WHMCS module but it has not been updated and it doesn't work with WHMCS 7.

Can someone fork it and update it to work with latest WHMCS? I would gladly donate.

PS: To everyone that might say why I am not paying a dev to do it for me, I am not sure I could afford paying for it and have no idea about the dev market. I would gladly donate as much as I can afford.

Comments

• I don't know about the complexity of this module, if it's an easy job I'll see what I can do.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    I don't know about the complexity of this module, if it's an easy job I'll see what I can do.

I don't think too much modifications are needed. Hopefully this is the case. Thanks!

• @drdrake

It's a relatively easy fix really - WHMCS 7 deprecates the old style SQL queries in favor of Eloquent/QueryBuilder based ones. Easy enough to fix, I'll take a better look later and do it when I have time.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @drdrake

It's a relatively easy fix really - WHMCS 7 deprecates the old style SQL queries in favor of Eloquent/QueryBuilder based ones. Easy enough to fix, I'll take a better look later and do it when I have time.

Thanks!

• @Someone update pls...

Thanked by 2Yura [Deleted User]
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    @drdrake

Do you have a blog where I can subscribe?

• I don't have much experience with whmcs but will give it a shoot soon if I could fix it.

• @drdrake

No, but I am taking a look now.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

If you just want to provide free live chat to your visitors then use http://tawk.to
    Been using it from a long time now. They got a good Android App, so making it easy to use on the go types solution.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @BlaZe said:
    If you just want to provide free live chat to your visitors then use http://tawk.to
    Been using it from a long time now. They got a good Android App, so making it easy to use on the go types solution.

I don't like their branding. Also LHC is open source and is way better than tawk.to.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @drdrake

Is there any news?

• pavanpavan Member

I can do this
    I need access to whmcs latest version to make this work

• F3MTOF3MTO Member

If you real interessed I can do it too.

• @drdrake said:

FlamesRunner said:
    @drdrake

Is there any news?

Might be able to do something for you too. Looking at the code, it's relatively simple to convert the code. I'll make a pull request later.

• @doghouch said:

@drdrake said:

FlamesRunner said:
    @drdrake

Is there any news?

Might be able to do something for you too. Looking at the code, it's relatively simple to convert the code. I'll make a pull request later.

Please fork it because the dev doesn't work anymore on that repo.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @pavan said:
    I can do this

Sadly I only have a whmcs install in production but I can test it for you.

@F3MTO said:

Sure, go ahead.

• pavanpavan Member

@drdrake said:

@pavan said:
    I can do this

Sadly I only have a whmcs install in production but I can test it for you.

@F3MTO said:

Sure, go ahead.

alright
    doghouch is already working on it so lets wait for him to finish

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
  • Just tested it but fields are not auto completed.

@drdrake said:

Just tested it but fields are not auto completed.

Ok, just went to bed so I'll take another look in the morning.

Are you using the self-hosted version or are you paying for it?

• @drdrake

Sorry, I'm quite busy right now and I won't be free for another few days.

• @drdrake said:

so you want the fields to fill automatically per client?

• @mikho said:

@drdrake said:

Ok, just went to bed so I'll take another look in the morning.

Are you using the self-hosted version or are you paying for it?

I am using the selfhosted version.

@doghouch said:

@drdrake said:

Yes, that's the main feature of the plugin.

@doghouch said:

I noticed a session variable in the code, it's probably missing sometihng there.
    I'll take a look.

the parameters from whmcs is included in my tests but the livechat window doesn't pick it up. I'm testing it with the hosted trial version if that makes any difference.

Checked the forums and it's not very helpful, found a post about a similar problem and the author said the question was classified as paid support type of question.

Will continue to check when time is available, feel free to chip in with ideas.

• @mikho said:
    the parameters from whmcs is included in my tests but the livechat window doesn't pick it up. I'm testing it with the hosted trial version if that makes any difference.

Checked the forums and it's not very helpful, found a post about a similar problem and the author said the question was classified as paid support type of question.

That guy is a moderator and not the owner. You can contact the owner at [email protected]. I am sure he will help because you are contributing to his project.

• @drdrake said:

@mikho said:

That guy is a moderator and not the owner. You can contact the owner at [email protected]. I am sure he will help because you are contributing to his project.

I've hit the same issue. It won't come up - might have to rewrite some of the module to pull the data that isn't being pulled

@doghouch said:
    I've hit the same issue. It won't come up - might have to rewrite some of the module to pull the data that isn't being pulled

In my case it adds more (hidden) fields to the form, not populating the already existing ones.
    Might as well write up a forum post and ask the owner.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @mikho said:

@doghouch said:

In my case it adds more (hidden) fields to the form, not populating the already existing ones.
    Might as well write up a forum post and ask the owner.

Yeah, this is getting a bit of hand/complicated

I found how to fill the form values, gihub updated: https://github.com/mikho/livehelperchat

Please try again.

If you would like to get more information about the user in the admin pages I could update the addon a bit more I guess.

Note that if you use custom fields and you want them populated with client info from WHMCS, it is important to use the same names on the form as the plugin. This needs more documentation :)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ