Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migadu (Mail service) Do you know?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Migadu (Mail service) Do you know?

I saw the site https://www.migadu.com/.

You can have:

Domain ililimté

Unlimited space

Unlimited Account

Its only restriction is the number of mails you can send per day and per account

For example:

For $ 5 a month, or $ 48 a year, you can send 100 mails per day and per account.

Do you know this service?

Is that reliable?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2017

sure,,,,, only today :)

^sorry i thought was part of another thread. tried to be funny, joke is on me.

• If you don't need that 'Unlimited Storage', I'll recommend you to go to MXroute which gives you 40G storage Unlimited domain&account for $40/2yrs

• Yes, I have one of their free accounts and have corresponded with them a little bit by email. They are interesting. I won't claim that it's a better value than mxroute, but it's different. I have a discount code for 25% off the first year of any paid plan with them: PM me if you want it.

• Hello,

Thank you for using Migadu and your question!

The limits is per account, so total of 100 emails for the 10 mailboxes per day.

Typically the 100 messages are sufficient for up to 5-6 persons a day.

Thanks again & happy mailing,

Dejan

• The Migadu team
  • I am looking for MX hosting right now and Migadu looks promising. Anyone used them for a few weeks?

@willie what is your experience with other providers in the DACH region? I have problems with gmx/web when sending through mailbox.org at the moment.

For private emails I think they are a little bit too expensive and also I think their "KPI" for the packages is rubbish. Allowing 100 emails per day is fine for 99,99% of the time, but then you want to send a mail to your wedding guests or whatever and you would need to upgrade. But the rest of the year you are only sending 1-3 mails per day.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@sanvit said:
    If you don't need that 'Unlimited Storage', I'll recommend you to go to MXroute which gives you 40G storage Unlimited domain&account for $40/2yrs

For anyone interested there is a referral link in the signature

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

@chrisp - I mostly use Fastmail (AU) and Mxroute (US). I've played with Migadu (CH) and Protonmail (CH?) a little. Migadu is pretty responsive and friendly and if you ask for a temporary increase for your wedding invites (100+, really?) they might accomodate. Or you could send over several days, or use mailchimp for something like that, or whatever.

emaildiscussions.com is a more focused place to look for this type of info, fwiw.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited April 2017

Thank you for the link. The thing is I don't get their USP. They are pretty expensive, but at the same time they say they are very small and cannot get in touch with providers to secure good deliverability. The interface is slick for sure, but going with Fastmail or some ISP like https://www.df.eu/int/e-mail-hosting/ seems like an even choice at a better price.

Oh and by the way the wedding example didn't make sense now, but daily caps also do not look like a good model to me compared to measurements by disk space.

• Daily mail caps are just awful.

• varunchopra said: Daily mail caps are just awful.

It's for personal mail. They're not trying to be Mailchimp. 100 messages/day is quite a lot. I don't think I've ever sent near that many. But it might be worth bringing up with them, to allow occasional overages, maybe at a small extra charge.

I didn't know about df.eu which looks interesting. Though as Jarland often says, it's fairly easy to toss up a mail server; maintaining deliverability etc. is a bigger ongoing struggle. I've been happy with Fastmail which is even more expensive than Migadu. Mxroute also has been working well, though it's (for now) less slick, and I haven't used it much.

Gandi.net includes some free email accounts with any domain you register with them, though it's nothing fantastic.

• TWoTWo Member

Don't go with domainfactory (df.net) mentioned by @chrisp. Service is awful and it only looks competitive at the first glance. They charge everything extra, e.g. domains - you can have much as you want but either they have to be registered with them or you have to pay an additional 0.3 per month per domain. Tons of fine print - read carefully if price haven't already turned you down.

• I've just signed up as I need to move away from Dreamhost given that they recently auto-deleted some active mail accounts - and then did it again, this time without being able to recover. Dreadful service.

Trying them because:

• They are pretty cheap if you need 10-20 users, 1/2 dozen domains and a few GB of storage.
    • They give really clear information and don't assume you know the ins and outs of SMTP/Postfix or whatever
    • While the outbound sending limits seem a little tight, they really aren't tight for casual use & I get the feeling that they would work something out for you if you needed a one-off.
    • They are in Switzerland and not the USA - I might have preferred Iceland but given recent political pressure on privacy in the US, I'd prefer to steer clear.

I really like their simple but very clearly explained setup. I also really like their clever regex based catch-all alias system.

I've asked a few questions because I want to understand some minor things before committing as it is a real drag migrating mail for multiple domains and users. We will see what they come back with.