Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to further my web programming skills!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to further my web programming skills!

BrandonBrandon Member
edited June 2013 in General

So I'm looking to further my web programming skills and add on to my portfolio. I am willing to take on very small projects for free. If you are interested please reply or add me on Skype: (ph-brandon) and I will decide if I can take it on or not.

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

Could always just create a URL shortener or a image hosting script and publish it as open source. That's a easy way to get your name out there.

• @Derek said:
    Could always just create a URL shortener or a image hosting script and publish it as open source. That's a easy way to get your name out there.

Thanks for the idea and I'll look into this. I want to see what other ideas people have.

• What sort of web programming do you do?

• @zfedora said:
    What sort of web programming do you do?

Preferably HTML / CSS, PHP + MySQL. I am open to other languages though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Create a monitoring PHP script(like hostchecker.net) and release it.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@FtpIt_Radi I second this, an opensource script like hostchecker would be nice and not overly complicated.

• I'd sponsor an open source monitoring project. Hit me up via email if you're interested.

• alexalex Member

maybe you'd want to join me to work on DomainAgent?

• @alex glad you're still going with that it's nice

• alexalex Member

@natestamm said:
    alex glad you're still going with that it's nice

next version will be released tomorrow

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Create a monitoring PHP script(like hostchecker.net) and release it.

Thanks I think I'll start with this.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@alex: You will create a thread with the next version?
    @OP: I'm glad you liked the idea.

• i'd 5th a domain monitoring agent - especially one that monitors SIP/VoIP and redirects traffic to another server if the original one is down!

• @asterisk14 said:
    i'd 5th a domain monitoring agent - especially one that monitors SIP/VoIP and redirects traffic to another server if the original one is down!

Aren't there already tons of monitoring services out there?