Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - SSD Cached USA KVM | LowEndSpirit - last available in 2017 [NL/UK/IT/JP/PHX]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - SSD Cached USA KVM | LowEndSpirit - last available in 2017 [NL/UK/IT/JP/PHX]

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

Few KVM offers from Phoenix USA, and possibly the final stock released for LES this year.

Phoenix, Arizona, USA KVM offers:

1 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
256 MB Ram
5 GB SSD Cached Disk space
500 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
1 x IPv4 address

ORDER LINK

€6.00 p/quarter
€11.00 for 6 months
€20.00 p/year

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
512 MB Ram
10 GB SSD Cached Disk space
1 x IPv4 address

ORDER LINK

€2.50 p/month
€7.50 p/quarter
€15.00 for 6 months
€30.00 p/year

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
1 GB Ram
20 GB Disk space
1IPv4 address

ORDER LINK

€5.00 p/month
€15.00 p/quarter
€30.00 for 6 months

PHOENIX USA LOOKING GLASS

LowEndSpirit

I have made a few changes to LES recently, now everything is in its final form I am ready to release stock again.

The intent is that stock will only be reviewed once p/year from now on, the next review will be January 2018, if you want to get your hands on one now is the time, individual exceptions will not be made later.

Available locations and stock:

Netherlands - 112
United Kingdom - 25
Italy - 60
Phoenix - 50
Japan - 100

Order link

Price €3.50 p/Year

Specs:

All LES locations come with IPv6 + NAT IPv4 and haproxy integrated in to solusvm so you can use port 80.

LowEndSpirit is not considered commercial grade, it is a cheap community at cost project, it comes with no SLA and no official support, all support and questions and community interaction is handled over at https://forum.lowendspirit.com

Orders from Brazil and China are currently blocked as are any orders placed from behind a VPN or Proxy.

Comments

• A curiosity. Why orders from Brazil are blocked?

• Best time to secure a JP vpn for watching JP only anime videos. Never understood why some official promotional videos/trailers on youtube are restricted to JP only.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dcgoncalves said: A curiosity. Why orders from Brazil are blocked?

The volume of fraud and abuse.

I sat and looked the previous 2 years of orders from Brazil before making the decision, roughly 8 out of 10 orders resulted in abuse/charge back/paypal dispute, and they were only the ones that were processed.

I forget the exact number but it worked out at about 8.25 ish out of 10.

The net for orders from Brazil turned out to be a loss every year, so it was a business/financial decision ultimately.

I recently made 1 exception for someone here after much discussion only to be slapped with a DMCA for torrenting within a few weeks, that sealed it, no exceptions.

There are still quite a few users from Brazil happily enjoying service, I just wont be rushing to allow any new ones.

If it was possible to limit certain gateways to certain countries I would lift it.

layfon said: Best time to secure a JP vpn for watching JP only anime videos. Never understood why some official promotional videos/trailers on youtube are restricted to JP only.

Only one of the JP IP's is APNIC 45.32.x.x if you need it put it in the order notes.

Thanked by 1crei
  • Love my vps from Inception

• Netherlands is i3d? Guess I'd like one.

• AnthonySmith said: The volume of fraud and abuse.

I sat and looked the previous 2 years of orders from Brazil before making the decision, roughly 8 out of 10 orders resulted in abuse/charge back/paypal dispute, and they were only the ones that were processed.

I forget the exact number but it worked out at about 8.25 ish out of 10.

The net for orders from Brazil turned out to be a loss every year, so it was a business/financial decision ultimately.

I recently made 1 exception for someone here after much discussion only to be slapped with a DMCA for torrenting within a few weeks, that sealed it, no exceptions.

There are still quite a few users from Brazil happily enjoying service, I just wont be rushing to allow any new ones.

If it was possible to limit certain gateways to certain countries I would lift it.

I understand your decision, I know well the attitudes of most Brazilians, because I am one and I am tired of living here.

I hope I'm not on your "blacklist." :-)

• Also, did LES-Japan move to Linode?

vimalware said: Also, did LES-Japan move to Linode?

No because Linode said the also just use ARIN IP's in Japan so there was nothing to gain by moving.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @dcgoncalves said:
    I understand your decision, I know well the attitudes of most Brazilians, because I am one and I am tired of living here.

In that case Chinese and Brazilians do have another in common. A growing number of Chinese netizens refer to China as "your country," as if they are really tired of living in it.

• Every single person make own country if you tired you do that for yourself.

• @jenkki said:
    Every single person make own country if you tired you do that for yourself.

Yet that does not negate any bigotry against them.

Yes, maybe many Brazilian and Chinese customers open disputes, request chargebacks, or abuse the network either with DMCA or some funny bandwidth abuse tools. Be it cultural differences, language barrier, or bad habits developed at home. The problem with discrimination is that, the doors are already slammed shut well before you have a chance to prove that you are different, that you understand and play by the book. That is simply unjust.

• @jenkki said:
    Every single person make own country if you tired you do that for yourself.

Of course, but since most Brazilians like to live in the country the way they are, I will not change the country.

In Brazil there is something called "jeitinho brasileiro", which is a strong culture that you can do anything to take advantage of other people, even if it is illegal or immoral. And the most surreal is that most people think this is being smart.
    It is no coincidence Anthony have so much trouble with Brazilians.

psb777 said: The problem with discrimination is that, the doors are already slammed shut well before you have a chance to prove that you are different, that you understand and play by the book. That is simply unjust.

I absolutely agree with you, it is not a decision I ever wanted to make, when there is a viable alternative, I will take it.

• dcgoncalves said: In Brazil there is something called "jeitinho brasileiro", which is a strong culture that you can do anything to take advantage of other people, even if it is illegal or immoral.

Probably you need Russian police special forces somewhere closer for short speech :)

• Hong Kong people can place orders?
    In theory, I'm Chinese.

starchart said: Hong Kong people can place orders? In theory, I'm Chinese.

yep

• creicrei Member
    edited March 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

layfon said: Best time to secure a JP vpn for watching JP only anime videos. Never understood why some official promotional videos/trailers on youtube are restricted to JP only.

Only one of the JP IP's is APNIC 45.32.x.x if you need it put it in the order notes.

YouTube JP only not accepted JP IP's is APNIC 45.32.x.x.

crei said: YouTube JP only not accepted JP IP's is APNIC 45.32.x.x.

It probably see's it as a proxy/VPN connection I guess?

• crei said: YouTube JP

How many JP movies you can watch with 75Gb traffic per month?

jenkki said: How many JP movies you can watch with 75Gb traffic per month?

about 75 i would think.

• creicrei Member
    edited March 2017

@jenkki said:

crei said: YouTube JP

How many JP movies you can watch with 75Gb traffic per month?

I only watch keyakizaka&Nogizaka OFFICIAL YouTube CHANNEL :D

• creicrei Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Maybe youtube IP data have problem.

• NdhaNdha Member

is it possible install squid proxy within LES??

• creicrei Member

@AnthonySmith said:

update

I use shadowsocks is ok,
    I can watch YouTube JP only.

• Why is stock now a once yearly thing @AnthonySmith ?. Sorry, haven't been paying much attention to the LES world as of late.

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

So bad to see that you have blocked orders from China. I posted your offers many times in my blog (starting from 2012).

• Grabbed me a Phoenix LES. Thank you @ AnthonySmith I am sure it will be a wonderful experience.

• My first LES was the ill-fated SG node. (used it as a low-latency asia vpn until it was EOLed).

Happy to get back on board with NL for now.

Heroic effort @AnthonySmith. I'll try to participate in the LES forums more.

crei said: I use shadowsocks is ok, I can watch YouTube JP only.

Great :)

Dextronox said: Why is stock now a once yearly thing @AnthonySmith ?. Sorry, haven't been paying much attention to the LES world as of late.

LES started to become a huge administrative task because people started to treat it as a commercial service, demanding instant support, charge backs for not getting a dedicated IP etc, torrenting, tor etc etc, in order to make it sustainable I have done this to ensure I only need to deal with an onslaught of these users who tick boxes and ignore everything once a year.

that is the tl;dr version anyway, more info on the LES forum. :)

VMVPS said: So bad to see that you have blocked orders from China. I posted your offers many times in my blog (starting from 2012).

Indeed, not something I ever wanted to do, but the reality is half of orders from china end in a refund request (they cost money), or a paypal dispute, or endless tickets due to nothing but a language barrier, it is not commercially viable right now I am afraid, I have hinted at this recently, I am likely to be hiring soon, I will likely be looking for someone that can remove this language barrier.

AuroraZ said: Grabbed me a Phoenix LES. Thank you @ AnthonySmith I am sure it will be a wonderful experience.

Lets hope so, don't forget to register on the forum :)

vimalware said: Heroic effort @AnthonySmith. I'll try to participate in the LES forums more.

Much appreciated!