Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to find opevnz template?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to find opevnz template?

jaxyanjaxyan Member
edited January 2012 in General

I am currently experiencing the problem getting the right template from openvz.
The LEB provider are mostly like offering debian 6 32 bit minimal as a only one debian 6 32 bit template.
but i would like to have a debian 6 32 standard one.

anyone could help?

Comments

• So, why?
    You can install anything else that you want, and quickly.

Also, the "standard" template is full of junk that you won't use never.

Or... what you mean with "standard"

• do you guys aware of the missing of /lib/modules/ folder for minimal version?

i did checked the openvz site and found only debian-6.0-x86.tar.gz which is the minimal version.

any sources to get the standard template?

the standard may refer to those debian 6 32bit template offered by buyvm, hostigation, alienvps .. etc which is labelled as 'debian 6 32 bit'.

• Ehm, in OpenVZ you can't load modules?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

exactly.

openvz will be missing /boot/, /lib/modules and anything that it simply can't work with.

Francisco

• but i saw there are at least /lib/modules exists in the template given.
    why do it happen?

• or may be in this way.
    why do the /lib/modules exists make the some programs workable which requires loading modules?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

well, normally templates relink modprobe to just /bin/true that way it always returns a positive.

Francisco

• I haven't found an app that requires modules, or module-init-tools or modprobe. (Debian based distros).

• what about fail2ban?

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2012

@jaxyan said: what about fail2ban?

Fail2ban just needs python.

• @yomero i found that it will call modprobe.

• @jaxyan said: @yomero i found that it will call modprobe.

This?

http://bit.ly/zny4y8

Because I can't find nothing else.
    And if it uses something in iptables, there are several modules already enabled in it.

In other words, several people is using fail2ban with OpenVZ.
    In other words, there is no way to load modules in an OpenVZ container, isn't a template issue.

• it always show
    FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/xxx/modules.dep: No such file or directory

• Some of our clients are using fail2ban on their OpenVZ containers... perhaps your installation is quite broken?

Does the host system have the proper modules loaded on it? Host system modules filter down and are used by containers, if the container is set to be allowed to use them.

• @Damian4IPXcore said: Does the host system have the proper modules loaded on it? Host system modules filter down and are used by containers, if the container is set to be allowed to use them.

+1

• Additionally, creating your own templates isn't that difficult, if you need to do so. I just created a Gentoo template for a client that requested it, took me about 20 minutes, no problem.

• so if you could creating me template?

• I'm not sure a new template will solve your problem, since we have other users running fail2ban on standard OpenVZ templates.

• Could you do me a favor?
    Really appreciate for your help.

i found if the templates originally has /lib/modules/ exists (of coz the files inside as well) the fail2ban run without problem.

would you please make one for me?

or do you know where to get those template of (debian 6 32 bit as labelled) which is not minimal version. like those buyvm/hostigation or even alienlayer offered?

• those minimal version consist least running environment like busy with rsyslog.

but found without /lib/modules/ directory.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2012

None of my VPSs have that folder... Or have it just empty

I still think you are wrong. If is an iptables issue, is a provider side issue.

I am out...

Edit:

I found 2 VPSs with that stuff

One Ubuntu

http://pastebin.com/FRk2m5b0

And one debian 5

http://pastebin.com/EcxzZpKz

As you can see, same files, some more in the Ubuntu one. Inside the modules folder that ALL what I have, if you want it, go here

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzn8antt5i4tx5n

• thanks. @yomero

may be i am wrong.
    but not very.

because i think there are no solution for iptables at first. i believed that it's provider side issue as well.

but the trick really happen.

i found template with such directory includes. the trick works.
    and i did find template offered, not only one provider.~