Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canada VPS for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Canada VPS for VPN

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap (budget ~$20/year or less) VPS in Canada, pretty much exclusively used as a VPN. Has to be in Canada as all users will be from the US (best latency).

Minimum Requirements:

512MB RAM

10GB Disk Space

1Gbps Port, or as fast as possible

5TB+ Bandwidth/month

No logging, or minimal, "non-specific" logging at the server/network level.

Thanks.

Comments

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited March 2017

If NAT is fine, @i83 offers a great product (I use many of their 128MB plans for VPNs). 512MB plan is 7.75GBP/yr or about 9.64USD. https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?a=add&pid=124

• iBookiBook Member

Looks like OpenVPN would work fine on there from what I've read, but that VPS, as well as all their other NAT VPS list 100Mbps port. 3+ people will be using this VPN at once, and 2 of them have 100Mbps connections. So it's pretty much a necessity for the VPS to be able to "burst" to ~300Mbps+. Thanks for the suggestion though,

• micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep

@iBook said:
    Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap (budget ~$20/year or less) VPS in Canada, pretty much exclusively used as a VPN. Has to be in Canada as all users will be from the US (best latency).

Minimum Requirements:

512MB RAM

10GB Disk Space

1Gbps Port, or as fast as possible

5TB+ Bandwidth/month

No logging, or minimal, "non-specific" logging at the server/network level.

Thanks.

I can do that plan on a 1gbps port in Seattle, WA which is close to Canada for $4.00/monthly.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Has to be in Canada as all users will be from the US? Would the US not be the best place for the VPN server... I hear Dallas is a good location.

• Seattle is very good for Western Canada. I use a RamNode VPS there for one of my VPNs.

• I think the idea of VPN to Canada is to avoid US ISP spying. You'll still be spied on by the US Government but at least they won't sell your data to private parties.

There are various options in Toronto and Quebec, but western Canada doesn't seem to have many to choose from. :(

• iBookiBook Member

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, the point of it being in Canada is to avoid privacy invasion. Obviously there are other methods of governmental privacy invasion, but I figure the paranoia has to end somewhere.

Also, pretty much anywhere in Canada is fine. The ping will always be ~50ms+ lower than any location in Europe or elsewhere, so I figure it's the most optimal non-US location.

If $20/year is infeasible, I suppose I could do ~$30/year or so. It doesn't have to be 1Gbps dedicated. As I've said earlier, something like 300Mbps would probably fit the bill. From what I've read less than 512MB RAM would probably be fine as well for a few clients on OpenVPN, and less disk space would be okay too.

• If Montreal is okay, you can get NAT 512 MB for $10/year from https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/nat-vps.html

• willie said: I think the idea of VPN to Canada is to avoid US ISP spying. You'll still be spied on by the US Government but at least they won't sell your data to private parties.

I don't understand that. Do you mean that all the LET providers here, or their upstream suppliers, will sell your private date if they are US based? I didn't think so, but perhaps you have information to show that as at least a possibility or likelihood.

• Are you willing to consider Chicago or New York?

• Reference the deal with the coupon listed in the conversation found in the link below. Those VPS are in canada and there's a 90% off coupon code as well.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110034/post-april-fools-offers#latest

• Falco33Falco33 Member
    edited April 2017

@huesolution2008 said:
    cloudieweb.com is famous and trusted VPS hosting provider in Canada, you can get best and fastest VPS , both for windows and Linux are very reasonable prices, cloudieweb.com has been the no 1 , VPS hosting provider in whole of Canada. I would surely recommend this VPS hosting provider.

Joined March 31 Visits 1 Mmmm...
    They don't even offer Canada as a location, do they?

• @Falco33 said:

@huesolution2008 said:
    cloudieweb.com is famous and trusted VPS hosting provider in Canada, you can get best and fastest VPS , both for windows and Linux are very reasonable prices, cloudieweb.com has been the no 1 , VPS hosting provider in whole of Canada. I would surely recommend this VPS hosting provider.

Joined March 31 Visits 1 Mmmm...
    They don't even offer Canada as a location, do they?

He spammed near-identical shit in 3 comments so far.

• brycebryce Member

Anything in Vancouver with good network?

• Wow, do you trust Canada that much @iBook? We still have intelligence here, but it's nothing compared to the US and wiretapping scandals Trump keeps pushing out.

• WSSWSS Member

@doghouch said:
    Wow, do you trust Canada that much @iBook? We still have intelligence here, but it's nothing compared to the US and wiretapping scandals Trump keeps pushing out.

As the.. wiretapee? Just what are you going for with this?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

5TB bandwidth.? really.. hmmm....

I've only seen that amount of 'included' gigabit transfer in $20 budget on my 1.50euro/m BHS vpsPro (launch special) via Seflow

EDIT: their Incoming is unmetered it seems. So, you do get 5TB available transfer if it's for VPN only.)

Uptime is good.

PM @matteob with your usage type.

Maybe he can do you a yearly.

Else, go with OVH direct and their $3.5 100mbps unmetered VPS in BHS.

Thanked by 1matteob
  • thank you @vimalware for the suggestion. Yes we offer 5TB outbound bandwidth with unmetered incoming from 2.99€/m. Our actual locations are Milan, Strasbourg and Canada. Price you get was for the location launch. We can offer that price on H.A. enviroment.

We're now negotiating with equinix to open new locations. Price will be unchanged.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • 5TB traffic, 1Gbps port and $20 budget.

Lol.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said:

@doghouch said:
    Wow, do you trust Canada that much @iBook? We still have intelligence here, but it's nothing compared to the US and wiretapping scandals Trump keeps pushing out.

As the.. wiretapee? Just what are you going for with this?

ALL LIES

• brycebryce Member

Still interested BC located lowend VPS

• bryce said: Still interested BC located lowend VPS

Good luck. That's where I live and I can't find anything closer than Seattle.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We could do the following in OVH Canada and France for $15/Year:

1 x Core @4.2Ghz
    256MB RAM
    5Gb NVMe Disk
    1Gbps link
    Unmetered Down / 10TB Up
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6
    1x Private IP (vRack)
    Additional IPv4, Up to 32 IPs per VPS $1/Month
    DDoS Protection

Link Canada: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=15

Link France: https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=16

• @vmhaus said:
    We could do the following in OVH Canada and France for $15/Year:

> 1 x Core @4.2Ghz
    > 256MB RAM
    > 5Gb NVMe Disk
    > 1Gbps link
    > Unmetered Down / 10TB Up
    > 1x IPv4
    > 1x IPv6
    > 1x Private IP (vRack)
    > Additional IPv4, Up to 32 IPs per VPS $1/Month
    > DDoS Protection
    > 

Recommended. My server is very fast. Keep up the good work

• datakodatako Member

What Canada location does VirMach have....??

• @datako said:

Sorry my bad.. I think I should mention @vmhaus.. Lol

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:

@datako said:

Sorry my bad.. I think I should mention @vmhaus.. Lol

Thanks for the mention @chocalateshirt !

• NdhaNdha Member
    edited May 2017

yeah, @vmhaus CA is solid, good cpu and disk speed.. i'm using their vmh-2gb..hope your business long last and not oversold too much..

Thanked by 1vmhaus