Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS for Seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS for Seedbox

DigitalJoseeDigitalJosee Member
edited March 2017 in Requests

Hello LETer's,

I'm looking for one VPS to use as my seedbox, so DCMA should be rejected.
And I don't need much storage, since I'll use rclone to send my torrents to Google Drive (Unlimited storage from my University). Since I'll download and upload at 1:1 or even higher ratio, I need a good amount of bandwidth.
I saw Cociu's and it's very good (4Gb+10TB), but I need a newer OS to install Quickbox on it.

My budget is around 7 use, but I prefer to pay as low as possible on this.

This should be:

CPU: 2, preferred

Memory: 2Gb+

HDD: 50~100Gb

Bandwidth: As high as you can

Speed: 1Gbps

Budget: 7usd or lower

Thanks!

Comments

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited March 2017

Surely @Cociu can add a 16.04 image? Usually hosts have more images in SolusVM than what shows up when you're placing the order.

Oh and Quickbox is so bloated :( I installed everything manually and it's much snappier. Plus take a look at Bytesized Connect

• WSSWSS Member

@PepeSilvia said:
    Surely @Cociu can add a 16.04 image?

Nobody is willing to let go that he's said "No"?

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited March 2017

@WSS said:

@PepeSilvia said:
    Surely @Cociu can add a 16.04 image?

Nobody is willing to let go that he's said "No"?

Sorry I didn't know that. Seemed like a rather trivial thing at the time.

• WSSWSS Member

I've already inadvertantly started one flamewar in the last week. I'm not going to instigate a second. :D

Thanked by 1cfgguy
  • DigitalJosee said: I saw Cociu's and it's very good (4Gb+10TB), but I need a newer OS

I'm down for old OSs. I've checked hostsolutions.ro a few times recently and saw no high storage servers on offer. And looking today it appears he has a new site unless I'm crazier now than a few days ago. I'd like one of his storage servers though. He didn't respond to my message :(

• cociucociu Member

127001 said: He didn't respond to my message :(

if is pm in let is possible because i had much . Please open a tiket or see this thread : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/108846/lot-of-ram-lot-of-cpu-storage-server-romania-1gbps-10tb-traffic-mo-and-maybe-free-dmca#latest

• Why reject dmca? Just remove that file from seeding. A fair warning should be okay, unless host gives up your customer details to copyright holder.

• DigitalJoseeDigitalJosee Member
    edited March 2017

@muratai said:
    Why reject dmca? Just remove that file from seeding. A fair warning should be okay, unless host gives up your customer details to copyright holder.

I don't want to be (or put the provider in) trouble.

@PepeSilvia said:
    Surely @Cociu can add a 16.04 image? Usually hosts have more images in SolusVM than what shows up when you're placing the order.

Oh and Quickbox is so bloated :( I installed everything manually and it's much snappier. Plus take a look at Bytesized Connect

May I ask why QuickBox is bloated?
    I'm running it right now my VPS and it (seems) fine.

Also, I already have one VPS that I use as my Seedbox.
    It's 3 vCore+4Gb of RAM, is that overkill?
    I just use it to download/upload, host my email server and squid proxy (that I rarely use).

• No other options?

I don't need much Space, just bandwidth.

• May I ask why QuickBox is bloated? I'm running it right now my VPS and it (seems) fine.

It just installs a whole bunch of things, some of which you might not even need or use, which in turn takes up a lot of resources. Some customization would be nice.

I installed it on a 512mb, 1 shared core machine. I guess with a machine like yours it won't cause too much problems :D