Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you made your hosting site ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you made your hosting site ?

Hi!

I think most of you using WHMCS, and some people using WHMCS+WordPress....
Also, did you hire some freelancer to do it or you just DIY ?
Is there any recommend provider for this ?

Comments

• You can get quite far with whmcs templates.

• Uh, Yes, But some templates are so complex..., and it's just bunch of static pages, you still need to edit them one by one via HTML editor.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@jameshsi Hard work always give success(best output)

If you need in simple .. just edit homepage.tpl in whmcs and make a unique frontpage

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

We keep it simple ,use html for the main site . Whmcs for billing ,I avoid adding too many plugin or design as some designs are so bad that it cause delays of more than 1 seconds .

• Why use PHP when HTML are lighter and can do the same, the main site is just static content.

• @hostdare said:
    We keep it simple ,use html for the main site . Whmcs for billing ,I avoid adding too many plugin or design as some designs are so bad that it cause delays of more than 1 seconds .

You mean ur site: http://hostdare.com , made by hand write html by yourself ?
    WOW, that's lot of works.

@jameshsi said:

@hostdare said:

You mean ur site: http://hostdare.com , made by hand write html by yourself ?
    WOW, that's lot of works.

Haha no ,you can use a designer or a template too ;) that much work will be needed always .You cannot escape it in this tough industry.

• I made my site with WordPress and the billing area separately. First time doing WHMCS templates but my plan is to eventually sell WHMCS templates on Themeforest.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

If you're not looking to put some work and money in the host, my friend i would recommend not to start this afterall. @hostdare website is nothing compared to some other hosts which are extreemly more big and complex.

If you find this a lot of work, here's what you can do. Purchase a WHMCS template or any billing / static template you like and pay the designer who created it a few more bucks to edit and fix everything himself as you wish to represent your brand.

@varunchopra said:
    I made my site with WordPress and the billing area separately. First time doing WHMCS templates but my plan is to eventually sell WHMCS templates on Themeforest.

You will have better luck selling them on your own then Themeforest.

Thanked by 1hostdare

I prefer to use KISS principle in websites ,though I will change the main website design very soon .The below header part does not look good in index :(

• jameshsijameshsi Member
    edited March 2017

@hostdare said:
    I prefer to use KISS principle in websites

What is "KISS" ?

• WSSWSS Member

"Keep It Simple, Stupid"

• I don't want to bash hostdare's site but that design has nothing to do with KISS. Lack of design skills does not equal minimal design.

@Saragoldfarb said:
    I don't want to bash hostdare's site but that design has nothing to do with KISS. Lack of design skills does not equal minimal design.

I am very much aware of it . I will try to change it in coming months .Currently busy with expansions.

• I don't even care the design, the best design is, customer keep coming, and google can search it.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • Logged in after a long time. You can create a pretty good website using WHMCS.

eg- https://eezpal.com/portal/

Using WHMCS custom template.

• PM me if you need a Hosting website build for you.

Thanked by 1jameshsi
  • jameshsijameshsi Member
    edited March 2017

Appreciate guys, Thanks.