Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What location would you like to see?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What location would you like to see?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited June 2013 in General

We're looking at introducing a 2nd location. What location would you like to see? We may do KVM in this location.

Also, a quick thank you I need to make: I really have to thank the LET community for all the support they've given us - it's amazing. We didn't think we'd even get this far and we have done, so seriously - thank you to everybody who has supported us! I hope you feel that I've changed.

Comments

• Voted for New York, assuming you mean NYC proper.

Would also vote for Other, if you can do it in a not-so-trafficked locale as you have in Columbus -- Sacramento would be nice..

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2013

@ihatetonyy said:
    Voted for New York, assuming you mean NYC proper.

Would also vote for Other, if you can do it in a not-so-trafficked locale as you have in Columbus -- Sacramento would be nice..

It's quite hard to find places like Columbus to do it in -- only came across Columbus by chance!

I am looking at doing KVM (although not 100% sure yet), so bare that in mind when making your vote :)

EDIT: well it looks like I have to vote as well to see the poll results. Ignore the 1 vote for other :P

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I'd want Vidin, Bulgaria or Sofia, Bulgaria.

• rds100rds100 Member

@FtpIt_Radi said:

For Vidin - start if yoruself, for Sofia - there already are offers there :)

@FtpIt_Radi said:

It's going to be quite hard to do that, and is going to be quite hard to do "exotic" locations. Bare in mind this is KVM, and there are more OpenVZ providers out there.

Thanks!

• @dominicl said:
    I am looking at doing KVM (although not 100% sure yet), so bare that in mind when making your vote :)

There are, (un)fortunately, only a real dearth of KVM providers in NYC proper, Phoenix, and perhaps Orlando/Miami.

LA, Chicago, UK, NJ, Chicago et al. have at least three to four KVM (or Xen, close enough for me personally) providers in each location.

@ihatetonyy said:
    LA, Chicago, UK, NJ, Chicago et al. have at least three to four KVM (or Xen, close enough for me personally) providers in each location.

Noted, thanks :-)

• Also, for Sacto, there's this host that I have no idea..

http://hostik.com/dedicated_servers/dedicated_servers.htm

..or perhaps you'd want a P4 node:

http://www.siteturn.com/dedicated/standard/linuxValue.html

@ihatetonyy said:
    Also, for Sacto, there's this host that I have no idea..

http://hostik.com/dedicated_servers/dedicated_servers.htm

..or perhaps you'd want a P4 node:

http://www.siteturn.com/dedicated/standard/linuxValue.html

I thought we were in the 21st century? :P

Preferably, we'll be going with one of the US locations stated.

• wroxwrox Member

Sweden. Some competition over here would be great.

@rds100 said:

Recommend one at LEB pricing xD.

• rds100rds100 Member

@FtpIt_Radi i can't recommend it since i haven't tried it, but there should be at least this in Sofia at LEB prices - http://www.bul.net/vps.php

I just called my ISP to see the price for additional static IPs, they said:
    "with the current used protocol, it is impossible"
    so starting a VPS host in Vidin will be impossible or I should call the other ISPs?

• Northern Europe would be nice. And if it has to be one of those you said, UK.

• rds100rds100 Member

@FtpIt_Radi everything is possible, it's just a matter of price.

@rds100 said:
    FtpIt_Radi everything is possible, it's just a matter of price.

Want a phone number to ask(Vivacom)?

• rds100rds100 Member

@FtpIt_Radi hit me on skype. You've talked with the wrong people, dealing with end customers. If you want business / ISP solution - there are different people to talk to.

@rds100 PM me your skype name, to add you when I get home.

• BradNDBradND Member

UK .. wont last long :-/

• There are too many providers in Los Angeles. Phoenix would be a great west-coast loccation!

• KVM provider in Seattle will be good for me

@heyits_bob said:
    There are too many providers in Los Angeles. Phoenix would be a great west-coast loccation!

Thanks, I would like a west coast location ideally too :)

UK isn't really feasible for us due to all the DDoS problems etc. At the moment, it looks like a west coast location would be best (LA, Phoenix, Seattle...)

• @dominicl Get into Florida, please. :)

@Jeffrey said:
    dominicl Get into Florida, please. :)

It has 3 votes so far :P Possibly, just possibly..

• @dominicl The VPS market down here is very saturated.

• I wouldn't do Orlando or Jacksonville, just a bit to many hosts. Miami has some pretty decent colocation providers, but from my experience with them you have to contact them to get an actual quote. As their site will give you a heart attack when looking at prices, but once you contact them saying GoRack offers "10TB for like $xxx" and their whole pricing scheme changes.

• chrispchrisp Member

Because you have another entry for New Jersey I assume with New York you mean NYC (Metro Area) and that is what I vote for.

Apart from that I'd really like to see an offer in Portugal or South American locations <10$/m

• Your list of US places is already saturated with providers. You need a unique location. Go north. Canada isn't saturated and there are many untapped locations. Iqaluit would be a perfect location for PremiumVM!

http://www.comanarctic.com/services/data-center-services/ :)

@DomainBop - I believe @Brandon does Canada dedicated servers as well. Will look into it.