Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FS 8 100GB Intel DCS3700 SSD's New
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FS 8 100GB Intel DCS3700 SSD's New

I have 8 of these I want to sell for 250 each. They are unboxed, but still have manf warranty and just have been idling in a server we ended up realizing we needed some bigger SSD's.

They're rock solid for mission critical stuff, the DRAM cache onboard has a capacitor backup so if power is lost all data is written from the DRAM to disk.

Comments

• Dont PM me for anything less than 250 they're 300+ new if you can find them since they're pretty new.

• What's dd and ioping for raid 10 of those 8

• @serverian said:
    What's dd and ioping for raid 10 of those 8

dd isn't that good. ioping wouldn't be too bad.

• rds100rds100 Member

ioping is a function of the RAID card and it's cache, not the SSDs.
    It doesn't read from the SSDs or the HDDs.

• @rds100 said:
    ioping is a function of the RAID card and it's cache, not the SSDs.
    It doesn't read from the SSDs or the HDDs.

I'm not sure I understand. How does it work on single HDD with no RAID?

• rds100rds100 Member

@serverian ioping writes a small file, then tells the OS to flush it's cache for this file and reads the file back, randomly. But it can't tell the RAID card to flush it's cache.
    So even if there is single HDD connected behind a RAID card which has cache, all reads will come from the RAID card's cache, not from the HDD itself.

If you attach the HDD directly to a SATA port on the motherboard - then your test can be real. But behind a RAID card - you are benchmarking the RAID card, not the HDD/SSD.

• I'm sure the raid 10 would be excellent, but the node these were in had a standard HBA card no raid.