Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speedykvm 30% 1-time/customer coupon (all products)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Speedykvm 30% 1-time/customer coupon (all products)

vimalwarevimalware Member
edited March 2017 in Providers

From today's mailer:

We're excited to share a new coupon code with you:

Code: MARCH30
Description: 30% off RECURRING on any VPS product at https://speedykvm.com limit 1x per customer

This works on any of our products in any of our locations! Enjoy!

(E5-2630 v4 2.2GHz)

Seattle 1GB KVM-ssd (14GB SSD) would be $16.8/yr

Seattle 6GB KVM-ssd (86GB SSD) for $8.4/month.

(E5-2667 v4 3.2Ghz)

NYC 2GB KVM-ssd (30GB SSD) for 10.5/quarter

If it works on V-DEDI series too, Vdedi-3 , that would be $90.3/m for a whopping 1750GB RAID 10 SSD on a 31GB ram E3-KVM(8 cores)

UPDATE: YES, it works!

Right now, I don't need any vps in USA.

I thought someone else could use this.

Disclaimer: my only experience with SpeedyKVM is an impulse purchase of a ridiculous promo $21/m base model Vdedi with 90-gb ssd in 2016.
Didn't have any problems since I just idled it for a month before cancelling. heh

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Cue the "I hate Gordon" posts in 3....2...1....

• I am using SpeedyKVM for quite sometime now. If I'm not mistaken, for around 2 years already. 2 live/production system, no issues so far.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2017

@jcaleb said:
    I am using SpeedyKVM for quite sometime now. If I'm not mistaken, for around 2 years already. 2 live/production system, no issues so far.

Which plan , what sort of traffic, website tech(if you can share) and load-avg?

I'm asking out of genuine curiosity: This sort of information is usually missing from LET reviews (idle vps)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • first: 1GB KVM Dallas plan with 50GB disk. Custom Web Based Java Application I wrote running on Tomcat. Uses MySQL for db. It is used by 1 small organization with few users.

second: 1GB KVM Dallas plan with 50GB disk. Live streaming website for our church services. Traffic? around 30-40 viewers.

Thanked by 2vimalware SpeedyKVM
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited March 2017

I have an upcoming woocommerce project coming up that I was going to host on a Vultr 1GB instance in NJ. $21 for the year sure is tempting.

Anyone got any benchmarks of the NYC location?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited March 2017

I have 2 reasons why I really like SpeedyKVM.

• very cheap if you sign up on yearly basis
    • ryan arp service quality
    Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I've got one of the storage plans. Not much to say other than it's really really quick all of the time.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

As long as you do not cause any troubles , Gordon is good person . If anything blacklisted,you will need to clean up all as expected . I had services with them 1 year ago ,Ryan is very helpful out of the team .

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • I love their network. :D

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • XenosXenos Member

You guys are letting Jarland down! I hate Gordon!!!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

Can anyone run benches on their Dallas Seattle 1GB KVM-ssd (14GB SSD) would be $16.8/yr for example? Thanks.

Edit: Updated

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@Yura said:
    Can anyone run benches on their Dallas VPS for example? Thanks.

Which plan? We have many.

Thanks for the kind words @jcaleb.

Thanked by 1jcaleb

@Harambe said:
    I've got one of the storage plans. Not much to say other than it's really really quick all of the time.

We are putting out a new storage promo today, stay tuned :) I just need to finish my quality assurance checks.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan: Is it fair to ask how long the coupon will be valid? Also, do you allow custom (publically available) ISOs?

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2017

angstrom said: Is it fair to ask how long the coupon will be valid?

Only for March as i see

@dedicados said:

angstrom said: Is it fair to ask how long the coupon will be valid?

Only for March as i see

If we take the coupon code MARCH30 literally, then, yes, this suggests March, and perhaps only until March 30th.

But on their Twitter page, https://twitter.com/SpeedyKVM , there's another coupon code, TWIT30 , which doesn't suggest March (but perhaps it suggests the 30th).

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member
    edited March 2017

Disclaimer: I work at SpeedyKVM

@PepeSilvia said:
    Anyone got any benchmarks of the NYC location?

I deployed these VPS using our control panel just like an order would deploy, I did not choose specific nodes. Benchmarks all ran at the same time. HTH.

• IO on NYC and Seattle are better than Dallas due 1.5x to 2x as many disks in the array and newer hardware.
    • All nodes are mature, with a lot of VPS on them and decent load on them already.
    • When Dallas was deployed (first location) the bang for buck was amazing, but since then when deploying NYC and SEA over a year later we deployed even beefier machines which results in better IO.
    • Each location has a different CPU core speed per the website.
    • Dallas SSD nodes have 32GB RAM per machine, Seattle and NYC have 192GB -> 512GB per machine. So Dallas has fewer guests per node.
    • Dallas SSD has 1gbps ports, NYC and SEA have 10gbps ports.
    • Dallas SSD has single PSU to in rack ATS from diverse UPS, and redundant generators (2N power from the UPS and up, single PSU is SPOF).
    • NYC and SEA SSD have dual PSUs from diverse UPS, and redundant generators (these locations are true 2N power)

The script is k0nsl.org's with one of the mirror URLs changed, this is the command;

clear && yum -y install curl wget && wget https://clitxt.com/t/khf-1490715819.txt -O /bench.sh && sh /bench.sh

DAL-SSD-4 (8GB) - dal-ssd-4.com below:

-+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-

DAL-SSD-1 (1GB) - dal-ssd-1.com below:

NYC-SSD 69 - nyc-ssd-69.com below:

NYC-SSD 60 - nyc-ssd-60.com below:

SEA-SSD 35 - sea-ssd-35.com below:

SEA-SSD 30 - sea-ssd-30.com below:

@angstrom said:
    @SpeedyKVM_Ryan: Is it fair to ask how long the coupon will be valid? Also, do you allow custom (publically available) ISOs?

I would say that end of march is a safe assumption.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

@angstrom said:

I would say that end of march is a safe assumption.

And the custom ISOs?

Custom ISOs of free software is allowed, just send a ticket with a URL.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • nice promo, too bad is only 1 per customer :(

• still waiting for the promo for storage plane.

• angstrom said: TWIT30 , which doesn't suggest March (but perhaps it suggests the 30th).

Twitter, 30%

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • How much for additional b/w @gisadik
    Let say I need 3 TB on SEA-SSD 30 plan,
    Do you offer ipv6?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan - interested on the storage deal. What have you prepared for us?

@dedicados said:

angstrom said: TWIT30 , which doesn't suggest March (but perhaps it suggests the 30th).

Twitter, 30%

Oh, of course! (It's the end of a long work day.)

Thanked by 1dedicados

@sibaper said:
    How much for additional b/w @gisadik
    Let say I need 3 TB on SEA-SSD 30 plan,
    Do you offer ipv6?

IPv6 is free on all VPS deploys standard. Private network is free on all VPS (deploys on ticket).

Bandwidth reset = 1x monthly fee via ticket. If you need more bandwidth on a regular basis just choose the next plan up now.

• gisadik said: IPv6 is free on all VPS deploys standard

true, i receive a /64

@dedicados said:
    nice promo, too bad is only 1 per customer :(

cough cough check fb and twitter for other codes :-0

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2017

cough cough i will...

ohhh.. i seee ;)