Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress Testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stress Testing

MaherMaher Member

Hello,

I was looking for a stress-test provider to test on our servers, could anyone recommend me one.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

He wants to DDoS his server/host to see if it holds.. apparently some people think it's all right.

And those "providers" you speak of are pretty much all crooks that either sell their botnets or provide amplification attacks from their dedicated servers..

• YuraYura Member

Just post your IP and the LET Test Squad will "test" it for you. Test it real good...

• MaherMaher Member

How hard is it to understand, we'll be getting new nodes and I have to test their protection.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Maher said:
    How hard is it to understand, we'll be getting new nodes and I have to test their protection.

I'm guessing you don't own or run the network then?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

You resell Hetzner and OVH, this thread alone could get your nodes closed there if some user here decides to report and be asshole against you.. youre a provider..

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@Maher said:

Don't. Just don't.

If you want to DDoS test your own gear do it while disconnected from the internet. If it's not your gear, just don't.

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2017

Tell it it doesn't have any friends, its manufacturers didn't mean to make it, it's addicted to electricity and hasn't done any useful work in years.

Seriously, blitz.io is good. You could combine that with some heavy script like Magento (which comes with a sample data set).

• MaherMaher Member

@jackb said:

@Maher said:

Don't. Just don't.

If you want to DDoS test your own gear do it while disconnected from the internet. If it's not your gear, just don't.

Thanks for the recommendation appreciate it

• I use this one for testing: https://www.paessler.com/tools/webstress

• I use siege and h2load for simple tests, blitz.io and if you have your own server clusters you can check out http://locust.io/

some locust.io tests i did on my wordpress7 site http://wordpress7.centminmod.com/132/wordpress-super-cache-benchmark-locust-io-load-testing/

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2017

@Maher

How would we be able to recommend any service if you fail to give us the slightest hint about fucking what to test?

• BopieBopie Member

For a second i though this was HF :O