Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need provider with multiple locations, fast upload links, for use as file server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need provider with multiple locations, fast upload links, for use as file server

Alex210892Alex210892 Member
edited June 2013 in Providers

Hi,

I was wondering if you can recommend me a provider that offers vps, XEN or OpenVZ, in multiple locations in Europe and the US.

I will use them as file servers, so the uplink is an important factor. It is also very important, that it is possible for me to easily purchase additional bandwidth in bulk packages or automatically upgrade into a higher package. For example, the basic vps would include 1TB of bandwidth per month. I would use more than 1TB in a month. The provider would then charge me for an additional 1TB or 500GB(minimum) for that month or upgrade me automatically in a larger vps package for the rest of the month and downgrade/charge me the basic amount again at the beginning of the new month.

I would prefer basic management, including server hardening at the beginning and security patching. This is not a requirement however. Regarding the hard disk I do not have extraordinary requirements. It would be alright to have a vps with 10 GB at the beginning. If I would need more I would upgrade into a bigger vps package offer. Upgrades should be completed without any or too much of a downtime.

Additionally, a control panel where I could see the server status, traffic stats etc. would be nice.

For orientation, I could state that I was very interested in the burst.net premium vps, but they unfortunately don't allow you to purchase additional bandwidth or upgrade automatically.

Edit: the user shovenose just told me that OpenVZ would be the best choice for upgrading or downgrading without a downtime. OpenVZ is therefore preferred if a provider can't provide additional bandwidth packages.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Alex210892

Comments

• Throw me a PM and I can give you a quote for a custom package :)

• awsonawson Member
    edited June 2013

edit: nevermind

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

If you want to uograde/downgrade VPS without downtime or reboot OpenVZ would be the best choice.

• @rethinkvps: Thanks. PM has been sent.

@shovenose : Thanks for the tip! I will edit my initial posting accordingly.

• We could work out something for you, we have 1 location in EU (Netherlands) and 4 in US. Addition of more EU locations is being worked on :)

Feel free to PM me with your ideal budget for us to work around on multiple VPSs

• We have servers in USA - Texas, New York and Los Angeles. 3 Locations. OpenVZ.

Feel free to contact us @ https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php for a custom quote on all your requirements.