Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Wildcard/SAN SSL?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Wildcard/SAN SSL?

What is the cheapest Wildcard/SAN SSL?

I could just get a bunch of Let's Encrypt DV but my local hosting provider asks KRW33000(~$30) installation fee per certificate so.... :(

Comments

• change host provider ;)

Thanked by 1sundaymouse
  • @mosan7763 said:
    change host provider ;)

Most of Korean local provider either requests to buy certificate from them (Dunno why but a Comodo Positive DV SSL costs $50/yr per domain) or pay Installation fee for around $10~$30.... :(

• @sanvit said:

@mosan7763 said:
    change host provider ;)

Most of Korean local provider either requests to buy certificate from them (Dunno why but a Comodo Positive DV SSL costs $50/yr per domain) or pay Installation fee for around $10~$30.... :(

what about hosting in japan? maybe cheaper. how is the latency?

• From what I hear gogetssl seems to be among the cheapest. They sell some comodo instant EV shit^h^h^h^h certificate for less then 50$

• @mosan7763 said:

@sanvit said:

@mosan7763 said:
    change host provider ;)

what about hosting in japan? maybe cheaper. how is the latency?

I've never thought about it. My home to Linode JP is around 80ms away and to Vultr is around 40ms away so latency shouldn't be a big issue iguess...

Do you know any provider that has decent BW, SSD space and speak Korean or English? No need for big webspace since I will be using less than 100MB.

Thanks

• @bsdguy said:
    From what I hear gogetssl seems to be among the cheapest. They sell some comodo instant EV shit^h^h^h^h certificate for less then 50$

Thanks! I will check on it! Is it an EV SSL? And what is ^h^h^h^h???

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2017

Yes it's an EV cert from what I can see. And ^h^h^h^h means "delete the last 4 characters"; you may see that as if I would strike through "shit" (everybody can read it but I didn't officially say it).

• @bsdguy said:
    Yes it's an EV cert from what I can see. And ^h^h^h^h means "delete the last 4 characters"; you may see that as if I would strike through "shit" (everybody can read it but I didn't officially say it).

Thanks for the explenation! =]

• @sanvit said:
    Do you know any provider that has decent BW, SSD space and speak Korean or English? No need for big webspace since I will be using less than 100MB.

only webhosting? no. as vps i used vultr and conoha. runs fine. good network for both. if you know how to setup a webserver etc yourself i can recommend those two. else no idea, sorry. both sites have english support (korean i dont know)

• @mosan7763 said:

@sanvit said:

only webhosting? no. as vps i used vultr and conoha. runs fine. good network for both. if you know how to setup a webserver etc yourself i can recommend those two. else no idea, sorry. both sites have english support (korean i dont know)

A VPS for my website will be a huge overkill, and more expensive since I'm paying like half a dollar per month. Than, come to think of it, VPS + LE certbot is still cheaper than the installation fee... =) Thankyou!

• Why don't you just get a let's decrypt DV SAN cert?

• GoGetSSL wildcard is $30 a year or so, if you sign up for their reseller program which is free.

Vultr has $2.50/month VPS available in Japan if that helps. They have a lot of promo coupons where you get free credit for signing up, so shop a bit carefully before creating an account.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

https://assl.loovit.net/ is still the cheapest.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @msg7086 said:
    Why don't you just get a let's decrypt DV SAN cert?

Let's Encrypt supports SAN too? Didn't know that... Thanks!

@willie said:
    GoGetSSL wildcard is $30 a year or so, if you sign up for their reseller program which is free.

Vultr has $2.50/month VPS available in Japan if that helps. They have a lot of promo coupons where you get free credit for signing up, so shop a bit carefully before creating an account.

I actually have a reseller account on GGSSL. I'll check my price. Thanks!

@rm_ said:

Do they support wildcard and/or SAN?

• sanvit said: Do they support wildcard and/or SAN?

use your google fu

• @sanvit said:

@msg7086 said:
    Why don't you just get a let's decrypt DV SAN cert?

Let's Encrypt supports SAN too? Didn't know that... Thanks!

@willie said:
    GoGetSSL wildcard is $30 a year or so, if you sign up for their reseller program which is free.

I actually have a reseller account on GGSSL. I'll check my price. Thanks!

For which product, are you checking your price?

• Presumably ggssl wildcard which (I got confused) appears to be $42/year at the lowest volume reseller tier.

https://assl.loovit.net/ is an interface for the free AlphaSSL wildcard certificates that are offered by a certain host (I forget which) through a deal with the CA. You're not supposed to use them outside of that host's network, but that appears to not be very vigorously enforced. I.e. using them could be a bit iffy but if it's for personal stuff that can stand some disruption, you could consider it.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

I have never tried them, but GoGetSSL is good priced and they will match the price.

• WebProject said:

I have never tried them, but GoGetSSL is good priced and they will match the price.

They are usually close to the best unless someone has a special promo. Sometimes it's possible to do a few percent better elsewhere and it never occurred to me to ask GGSSL to match, but maybe I could.

• @willie said:

>

free AlphaSSL wildcard certificates that are offered by a certain host (I forget which)

SingleHope

• msg7086 said: SingleHope

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi! You're my single hope!

hmm...

• @rm_ said:

Nothing beats free! :)

• @msg7086 said:

@willie said:

>

free AlphaSSL wildcard certificates that are offered by a certain host (I forget which)

Are they (certain host) offering free alphassl wildcard on renewals?

Just renew my alphassl wildcard at 42$ from https://www.ssl2buy.com

• @dj1812 said:

@msg7086 said:

@willie said:

>

Are they (certain host) offering free alphassl wildcard on renewals?

Just renew my alphassl wildcard at 42$ from https://www.ssl2buy.com

You can't renew with them. You can only apply for a new certificate again for free.