Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server deal, ~€10, NL, >= 1TB storage for personal use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server deal, ~€10, NL, >= 1TB storage for personal use

Hi!

I am looking a deal for a dedicated server with these specs:

CPU: no specific requirement, something of decent power RAM: >=2GB Bandwidth: >=1TB Speed: >=100mbps Location: NL (could be other EU) Budget: ~€10

I am planning to use the server to host a few low-traffic websites + to run private media streaming (pretty much only used by myself), possibly backup of my local drive.

Would be great if I could do remote reboot + reinstall.

After a lot of searching I found the Online.net DEDIBOX SC 2016 and this worldstream.nl custom option (looks quite ok with annual payment) to be closest to what I'm looking for, but I'm curious to find out from someone more knowledgable if these are indeed the best deals out there.

Thanks!

Comments

• lionlion Member
    edited March 2017

https://www.worldstream.nl/special (or the one you mentioned)

Is the closet you can get in NL i think.

Thanked by 1krksgbr
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

10 EUR /month for a dedicated is hard because of power consumption. Why not a VPS? Or maybe you can up the budget to 20-30 EUR /month?

Thanked by 1krksgbr
  • Wait for the next kimsufi ks3c sale

• @randvegeta

Thanks. Can't really increase my budget.
    I guess I would also consider a KVM VPS. Do you have something specific in mind?

• @teamacc

Thanks.
    Is there a way to find out when that will be?

• YuraYura Member

@krksgbr said:
    @teamacc

Thanks.
    Is there a way to find out when that will be?

Tarot, crystal ball, dandelion. In that order of preference.

Thanked by 1Amitz

@krksgbr,

How about a XEN based VPS? Dedicated resources. How much disk space do you need?

I could do something like the following for you, in Lithuania:

• 4vCPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • 80GB HDD
    • 1TB Data Transfer
    • 1GBit Port
    • 1IPv4 Address

With our platform, you can access console, reboot, and reinstall whenever you like. The physical node itself will be an i7-3770 or better.

We can do this for EUR 10 /month.

** Note: VMs are not backed up, so you need to take your own backups if you need them **.

If you are interested in a Dedicated Server, could offer something similar to the following:

• Intel Core2Duo or Core2Quad
    • 2GB DDR2 RAM
    • 500GB HDD
    • 1TB Data Transfer
    • 1Gbit Port
    • Location in Lithuania

Can do this server for around EUR 20 /month.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lionlion Member

@randvegeta said:
    I could do something like the following for you, in Lithuania:

• 4vCPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • 80GB HDD
    • 1TB Data Transfer
    • 1GBit Port

Wow you really know what he wants

edited March 2017

lion said: Wow you really know what he wants

I don't get it... He specified only RAM, bandwidth, and being in NL or other EU country. I asked why not a VPS considering the small RAM and ambiguous CPU requirement to which he said he may consider.

As such, I made an offer meeting the RAM, Data Transfer, Port Speed and price target. Since no info was given on CPU, Disk Space or other, I made a standard offer on that part. What's the issue?

• @randvegeta

Thanks for the offer!

I forgot to include the storage requirement in the post, though it was in the headline.
    I actually need at least 1TB.

• lionlion Member
    edited March 2017

@randvegeta said:

What's the issue?

Sorry my answer was a bit Harsh, he mentioned in the title that he needs 1TB Storage.

@lion said:

@randvegeta said:

What's the issue?

Sorry my answer was a bit Harsh, he mentioned in the title that he needs 1TB Storage.

So it is. My bad.

@krksgbr, sorry didnt see the 1TB disk requirement. Dont think I can do that for 10 EUR so apologies for making the offer.

• @randvegeta no worries, thanks anyway!

• There was a KS-2E promo that lasted a while (i.e. not snapped up instantly) for a slow Atom with 1x 2TB for 9 euro/month iirc. Sold out right now and hard to transfer but may show up again.

The Worldstream i3 is a much faster and more modern cpu than the atom and I'd pay the extra money for it but that's just me. Plus, you can upgrade the disk, at least at purchase time.

• sinsin Member

Do the Worldstream one, I bought their 7.50/euro (have to pay semi-annually) server and got a 500gb hard drive instead of a 250gb...you might be able to ask their sales if they could upgrade you to a 1tb drive.

• thanks guys. I ended up taking over a Kimsufi account with a KS-3C from another LET member.

• krksgbr said: KS-3C from another LET member.

Niiiiiice.

• willie said: Niiiiiice.

Very nice wish I could find a couple of those myself.

• somebody pls also talk to me about Kimsufi account with a KS-3C

• Very Nice.
    Legitimately envious. :)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

I'd take someones' spare 3C, too!

• fanfan Veteran

@tridinebandim said:
    somebody pls also talk to me about Kimsufi account with a KS-3C

Be careful when you take over somebody's Kimsufi account, they recently started to ban accounts registered with fake information.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @fan
    thanks for the warning. do you know if there is a way of transferring the server to my own account? i've searched for a solution quite a lot but i only found conflicting information about it.

• fanfan Veteran

@krksgbr said:
    @fan
    thanks for the warning. do you know if there is a way of transferring the server to my own account? i've searched for a solution quite a lot but i only found conflicting information about it.

No idea at all, I see people say that Kimsufi allows transfer between account but not one single success story so far. Better ask Kimsufi support for a direct answer.

• Just for future reference for someone who might get a hold of a server the same way and want to have an account with legit info... The only piece of personal info that cannot be changed through the dashboard is 'country'. I contacted Kimsufi support and they changed it for me after I sent them a document proving my address.