Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool yearly plans under 20$?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cool yearly plans under 20$?

Digitalocean will be paying me 110$ this month, I'm wondering what I should use it on :>

openvz is <3
kvm is preferred :<

I love huge bandwidth plans (no torrents/relays).

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Check out our latest LEB offer

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Check out our latest offer: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10750/new-location-new-plans-128mb-ram-10year-1gb-ram-with-4-ipv4-7month-get-in-quick

I can do 1TB of bandwidth for an extra $10/year. (If anyone else wants this please contact sales, Phoenix only)

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited June 2013

Off-Topic: @Nick_A @trewq @concerto49 Any of you have ipt_string module working on the containers?

• Sonwebhost has pure power vps look us up

• @albertdb said:
    Off-Topic: Nick_A trewq concerto49 Any of you have ipt_string module working on the containers?

*_string has been included as a module with OVZ kernels since 2.6.24-16.30, a 2008 kernel.

Using VSwap with a lot newer kernels.

• @Sonwebhost said:
    Sonwebhost has pure power vps look us up

Hope you have permission from FDCServers to use there location map image

• Got it through Google thanks

• @concerto49 said:
    *_string has been included as a module with OVZ kernels since 2.6.24-16.30, a 2008 kernel.

But does it work? I mean, if you execute a simple rule like

# iptables -A INPUT -m string --from 40 --algo bm --string "test"

doesn't it return

iptables: Invalid argument. Run `dmesg' for more information.

??

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

We've got a 128MB $15 yearly.

• @Sonwebhost said:
    Got it through Google thanks

Since when has google had the ability to give you rights to use other peoples work?

• @albertdb said:

iptables: Invalid argument. Run `dmesg' for more information.

??

cloudshards@test:/opt# iptables -A INPUT -m string --from 40 --algo bm --string "test"
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Just tried it.

• @concerto49 said:
    Just tried it.

That's because the module isn't enabled in the OpenVZ node for the containers, so it doesn't understand the command.

If after enabling it, it returns the "Invalid argument. Run `dmesg'..." error, then it doesn't work. It works when the command execution has no output.

I'm looking for a provider that has it working.

• @albertdb said:
    I'm looking for a provider that has it working.

I get

cloudshards@test:/opt# iptables -A INPUT -m string --from 40 --algo bm --string "test"
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Exactly, not invalid argument. That was from quoting you.

• @concerto49 As I said before, it works when the command execution has absolutely no output.

If it has an output saying "No chain/target/match by that name", "iptables: Invalid argument. Run `dmesg'..." or whatever, then it doesn't work.

The reason of getting "No chain/target/match by that name" is because the module isn't enabled in the OpenVZ node for the containers.

Try enabling it and then if you get no output, I will happily be your client after accepting the ToS (that I haven't read yet).

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2013

I can confirm that string works fine on any Debian 5,6 or 7 on OpenVZ - We use it for filtering as well (partly).

• @albertdb If you'd like this to be looked at, raise a ticket @ https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php

The team might be able to take a look and enable it for you. I so happened to be doing a test on something else, that was all. I mostly don't look after the administration (hence my usually non-technical comments :) )

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited June 2013

@William said:
    I can confirm that string works fine on any Debian 5,6 or 7 on OpenVZ - We use it for filtering as well (partly).

I tried it on Ubuntu Server. I will try on Debian, but I'm not very convinced that it will work. What kernel has the OpenVZ node? There seems to be a bug in some kernels.

@duckeeyuck Sorry for derailing the thread. It wasn't my intention.

• @albertdb said:
    What kernel has the OpenVZ node?

root@node-at-02:~# uname -a
    Linux node-at-02 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 #1 SMP Fri May 10 09:43:55 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• I was just linked to a pretty nice list

buyvm <3

• I recommend BuyVM.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We've got some awesome specials running as well, starting at 10.50 per year:
    http://liquid-solutions.biz/leb.html

• BuyVM <3

• thuvienvpsthuvienvps Member
    edited June 2013

BuyVM , Liquid-solutions , Ramnode

• Torqhost has very decent KVM deals, 256MB RAM/10GB Disk/200GB HD for EUR 15/year (just under $20). I believe there's even a coupon in the offers section which brings that down.

• I just paid under $20usd for a 512m kvm torghost yearly

• You get the right to using it by right click, if you didn't have the right to use it it would not be on Google

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Sonwebhost said:
    You get the right to using it by right click, if you didn't have the right to use it it would not be on Google

Ohhhhhh so that's how copyright laws work /sarcasm

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@Sonwebhost said:
    You get the right to using it by right click, if you didn't have the right to use it it would not be on Google

Is this serious? I really can't tell.

• You can not copywriter an image that's how Google get to put them on they site.