Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RTO Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RTO Deals

Anyone know of any good deals on a RTO basis? Looking for U.S. network, 16G-32G ram, prefer 2-4 1TB drives, any kind of raid is fine. Do not need, and won't be purchasing, until the first week of next month. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Dacentec and HVH are the only ones that I'm aware of. Whether or not they're "good deals" is for you to decide.

Dacentec - https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/
    Based in North Carolina, server is yours after 12 months.

HudsonValleyHost - https://billing.hudsonvalleyhost.com/cart.php?gid=70
    Based in Buffalo, NY, server is yours after 24 months.

• WSSWSS Member

The best news about buying from HVH is that you can buy your machine a quarter of a CPU at a time.

Thanked by 4mikho Basil FredQc Yura
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

We can do a one time fee on order servers or We can set you up with a new server with 20% down and then the rest over a 12 month time. Just hit me up on the specs you want and I can work something out for you.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited March 2017

@WSS said:
    The best news about buying from HVH is that you can buy your machine a quarter of a CPU at a time.

Yeah, seriously :/

@AuroraZ - honestly you're probably better off finding a good deal on a rental and putting away the money saved (compared to the cost of RTO'ing) to build yourself and colo a decent server when the time is right.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Using a credit card to build a server or buying a used server off eBay (or somewhere similar) and paying it off over time will probably be much cheaper. Only RTO I know of are more expensive than what MaronR listed...

• WSSWSS Member

Colo an LEDE based ARM router with Gig-E and attach an external 2.5" drive as /overlay. At least you know the networking capabilities will be decent, even if the CPU sucks.

• WSSWSS Member

Wait, that's just doing what Kimsufi is designed as. Nevermind.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

We have some RTO equipment from colo clients that abandoned, please email [email protected] for more info.

• WSSWSS Member

"Shit nobody cared enough about to pay to take home", for $100, please, Alex.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

We have a few E3 v1/2/v3 servers available for RTO in Seattle, please email [email protected].

• Ok people I am not going to PM or Email anyone. Just too much of a risk of a scam there. If you have something post it here. Secondly I am not new to this, in fact I have probably been doing it longer then some of you have alive. I know what I want and what I am willing to pay so leave offers or don't.

• frkfrk Member

If its a static website, consider a cheap $10/yr vps and using cloudflare for lowlatency + caching in asia?

• @frk said:
    If its a static website, consider a cheap $10/yr vps and using cloudflare for lowlatency + caching in asia?

Have you read this thread before posting your answer ?

This discussion has been closed.