Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free $25 Hosting Credit on Cloudways
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free $25 Hosting Credit on Cloudways

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
Get $25 hosting credit for FREE by signing up for a free trial on Cloudways platform. This means you can run $7/m DO 1core/512MB/20G/1T instance free for 3 months.

Cloudways basically provides managed cloud hosting platform, whereas DigitalOcean, AWS, Vultr, Kyup (container) and Google Cloud provides an infrastructure. Our services include management of not just server but application as well. We are not competing with DigitalOcean and others, but providing our services on top of their servers. There are several other features as well and you can view key features over here: https://www.cloudways.com/en/features.php . In case you have any other questions you may also chat with our customer success team via 24/7 live chat.

Coupon: MAG25

Found at: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/299032

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Four20

Comments

• r0xzr0xz Member

OzB - hah!

Thanked by 1klikli
  • fanfan Veteran

They used to give $50 for trial.

• WSSWSS Member

@fan said:
    They used to give $50 for trial.

The Aussie dollar has plummeted.

• Did any one get the free credits?

• Seems like a 25% or $25 off the first invoice and not $25 free credit.
    I don't really know, each support agent says something different.
    I couldn't change my email so I disabled my account, but I still got an email from them today and they might call me in few days ...
    Just wasted like 20 minutes asking them to change my email, let's see if they will.

That's all, hope you have a minute to answer them or might as well give you a call to
    your phone in the coming days.
    I'm looking forward hearing from you.
    Cheers,
    Raheel Alam
    [email protected]

Hopefully they are not doing this just to collect customers information, with the questions they asked, it could be a good list. (What applications you use, what domains, what other providers you've used, etc...)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

An important thing to remember here is that they've repeatedly created accounts to shill for themselves on LET. There's a long list of banned accounts from them. Speak to me outside of here and I say great things, but speaking solely as LET admin I don't think that I'd do them any favors here.

Thanked by 4AuroraZ Four20 fan taubin
  • GsitterlyGsitterly Member
    edited March 2017

@Four20 said:
    Seems like a 25% or $25 off the first invoice and not $25 free credit.
    I don't really know, each support agent says something different.

That was my experience with them as well. Their "promos" are extremely deceptive and difficult to get them to actually honor, and their dashboard was buggy (pressing certain buttons would just return "error" messages), and their migration tool kept giving me errors (and their support told me to "google it" and ended the chat when I reported the migration tool bug).

Anyway, back to their dashboard...it offered me a 2 months free if I linked a CC to my account.

However, linking a CC immediately nullified my 14 day free trial apparently (if memory serves it was 14 days free with edu email). This information wasn't displayed anywhere and I only realized this after I entered my CC and asked support why I was accruing charges now.

Oh and the 2 month credit that caused all this...was no where to be found on my account. Every support rep I spoke to told me a different story on why I wasn't receiving the credit and none of them actually solved the issue.

After numerous support tickets, talking to support chat (which as I mentioned was about as bad as I've ever experienced)...and about 3 weeks I finally started getting emails from a "senior support" member who finally resolved it, but then repeatedly emailed me (even after I asked him to stop emailing) that I remove a bad review that I'd left on Reddit.

It was mind blowing to see how much effort this dude was putting into trying to get me to remove my review. If they'd only put in about 1/10 of that effort into providing decent service to begin with.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • Liar.anyone get free credit?

• lmao, not worth it. They are just an extra layer on top of a hosting provider, and given their reputation I wouldn't trust such a "managed" service.

• edited July 2019

We'll I'd like to share with you updated Cloudways crap slow hosting unreliable Coupons which most of you would love to checkout
    Thanks

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

^ wow thanks for signing up to post your mystery link dude!

Joined 2:27AM

# curl -I http://spammy.link
    HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
    Server: nginx/1.14.1
    Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:36:01 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Connection: keep-alive

flagged for spammy odor - mods please feel free to snip the links and/or remove this post as well, thanks

Thanked by 1taubin
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@StephenEdwards said:
    We'll I'd like to share with you updated Cloudways Coupons which most of you would love to checkout "brutal, savage, rekt" . these cloudway coupon are sponsor by slow lag cloudway crap host
    Thanks

Why necro dude

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

BlaZe said: Why necro dude

moldy spam is best spam!

@Blaze - do consider snipping the spam link from your quote, will be less for the mods to cleanup :)

Also might prepare a nice spammy SEO package for bloggingscout if they turn out to be a spammy spammer

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    @Blaze - do consider snipping the spam link from your quote, will be less for the mods to cleanup :)

Done. :)

Thanked by 2uptime taubin
  • uptimeuptime Member

@BlaZe said:

@uptime said:

Done. :)

thanks - just remembered to do the same for my post as well, lol

now to ping some mods and be done with this messy business - or to release the SEO krakken, either way.

@doghouch @FAT32 @hzr @PieHasBeenEaten

Thanked by 2ITLabs FAT32
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Pretty sure these Cloudways fellas themselves have a reputation of spamming on here, no?

uptime said: now to ping some mods and be done with this messy business - or to release the SEO krakken, either way.

There's a 'Flag' button! It seems to actually work, too.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2019

@joepie91 said:
    There's a 'Flag' button! It seems to actually work, too.

Yes -- it does indeed work :)

Thanked by 1uptime
This discussion has been closed.